Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

2017 Get Togethers
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Steve, how far from Tennessee is mid-west? My range is about 600 miles.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Hmm, we'll have to look into that. If there is interest we should look for a site that works for as many as possible!

See you soon at the Mary Ray GTG! cheers

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5189 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
Actually, Missouri is considered mid-west and it borders Tennessee.

1990 32' Regency, Wide Body
Spartan Chassis, 8.3 CTA Cummins
4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
The May GTG is fast approaching and I am pumped. It will be great to see folks again. We always enjoy our Barth times. I was hoping to get a few more Minnesnowtans to show up, gotta love those guys. Thumbs Up

If not, what are the chances for a midwest GTG this summer? We like to head north, cross the bridge, and turn left when we leave the state. We always enjoy seeing Dana, Kenny, Wally, etc. Any interest this summer? cheers

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

I was trying! looks like it will be fun. We will have to try and get something going later. I wonder if I will be able to make this one???

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
72081169MC22C
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1385 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
JanRock.....Fort DE SOTO is hard to get reservations. Due to
politics residents of the county are honored daily before all other requests. I live less than two hours south of the Fort and after three years I gave up..................Carl

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I agree - I lived in Pennyless (Pinellas) County, and could never get reservations (actually, through my ex, who still lives there) at Ft. Desoto. Frankly, its charms in December are limited.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
Tom Sawyers is under water! The Mississippi is out of is banks, and based on my experince it could take two weeks to clean up and reopen. Might want to call them to see what is expected for the GTG later this month.
Plan to be there the 27th, after the Indy 500.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Hi Tom, was going to ask you if you would be there after Indy 500. Hope it dries up but one never knows. I am planning to stay there until at least May 29, my activities start June 2.

Steve what is your departure date plan?

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
We are likely leaving Tuesday, arrive Thursday. I wasn't planning to tow a car but maybe I should bring a boat? Cool

I just got 6 new tires and Centramatic balancers installed on the Monarch. Ride height is back to normal. The 255/70 x 22.5 tires were too low profile for this chassis. I put taller tires on and raised the rear by over 1.5 inches.

As a result I have 4 255/70 x 22.5 Samson tires with only 5000 miles on them. I will sell them CHEAP to anyone who can use them. All date codes are late 2015.

Must recalibrate the speedo now, reads 5 mph low!

Looking forward to the GTG. Hope the water leaves first.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5189 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Steve what time will you leave the GTG if all goes well?

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Leaving Tues AM. We will be there tne nights of 25-29, leaving 30th. Should be a great trip. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
There are alternative campgrounds if the water does not subside. Will keep in touch.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
Water levels should be ok by the time we meet (unless of course we again get heavy rains around that time). Water has already subsided a lot in Missouri and main roads are open. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

1990 32' Regency, Wide Body
Spartan Chassis, 8.3 CTA Cummins
4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
The Tom Sawyer website mentions that floodstage above 31' stops everything - according to the linked NOAA website, this height is predicted to persist until 5/22-23:

(See the 7th column, MEMT1)

http://forecast.weather.gov/pr...version=1&glossary=0

While this is only a prediction, it's beginning to look dicey for the GTG. http://tomsawyerrvpark.com/river-stage-floods/

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
Our annual trips to Indy have us at Tom Sawyers on Tuesday evening and departing Thurs morning for Indianapolis. We return Monday afternoon following the race. This year that is May 23 in and May 29 return. In several years we have been interrupted by flooding. Their past process was: move all the tables and restroom buildings to high ground, plug and waterproof the electrical system (their transformers are now elevated): cap all the sewers and wait. All this is reversed once the City and County approves re-entry. Then clean up, repositioning and inspections are performed by authorities. Roads and paths have to be cleared and regraded and any holes filled. We had periods of about two weeks following a flood before they could get everything functioning. I suggest ONE person call daily for updates and then post results and progress here. Also note on the link to the flood stage that the RV park will have been under water for over two weeks. That makes recovery even more unpredicable.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post