Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    Finally, a GTG potential in Good Ol' Allegan, MI
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Finally, a GTG potential in Good Ol' Allegan, MI
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Had an email discussion this morning with the Good Sam folks. Their bank account for this event is now setup, and for those of you who have already registered, you should be getting notice that your check has been cashed shortly. But I did ask that they send me an email for the 7 already registered so I can pass that info back to each of you. In fact I asked that they email me each time they receive a "Barth reservation" so I can do the follow-through here on our site.

Lou

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Thanks for taking care of this for all of us. Thumbs Up
looking forward to being there.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
My bank advises our Registration check for the July Military Salute/GTG here in Allegan was cashed on 5/17. If those of you who sent checks could look at your account and let me know whether your check was cashed I'd appreciate it.

In the meantime, I'm going to re-issue my request to Good Sam to let me know when Barth folks sign up. State coordinator had previously told me she would get back on this.

Lou

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Mine was cashed 5/18.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
1. Steve & Liz (Steve VW)
2. Sloop John B
3. Fred & Cindy
4. Lou (& Barb)
5. (Captain) Rusty
6. Mogan David
7. Jim Roller

The list so far. I need last names in order to have Good Sam check for them. Send it to me at loucommish@yahoo.com.

Thx.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lou:
Could this be a viable substitute for the Milford GTG this year?

Wouldn't it be something!

Any takers?

Lou

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Is this Barth event actually Milford IV? Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
The Great Lakes area (Lake Michigan in particular)is a fun place to be in the summer. All who are thinking about making this Good Sam GTG (Military Salute) might do well to plan a few days either before or after the event to simply tour the left coast of Michigan. (Don't forget: the Good Sam program is for everyone, military or not; GS member or not.) There are campgrounds in the area that should have at least a few spots available, especially if you tour during the week. Weekends near the Big Puddle get a little crowded. If you don't mind driving a little further north, here are a few suggestions as to where to look:

Muskegon State Park Muskegon State Park - Right on the water and reasonably priced.

Ludington - The City of Ludington owns Cartier Campground. It's within an easy bike ride to the Lake, and if you go downtown you can watch the ferry come in from Wisconsin. Amazing the load they can carry, and fun to watch the off-loading. Evenings around 7pm work well, and if you stay to watch them reload, that gets interesting as well.

Manistee - Orchard Beach has campsites right on Lake Michigan, if you go to the south end of this State campground. Just a few steps down and you're walking along the beach watching the weather coming in from Wisconsin.

Allegan is midway between Kalamazoo to the southeast and Holland to the northwest. Anyone passing thru the area is invited to stop in. We've got plenty of room to boondock (before or after the event) There will be plenty to do at the Good Sam GTG at the Allegan County Fairgrounds (about a mile from our home) but we can come up with more suggestions if we know when you're coming.

Lou

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Traverse City (gateway to MI wine country) is only 180 miles north. There is a large campground there, Holiday Park, 4860 US 31S, (231) 943-4410. http://www.holidayparktc.com/

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Guess my reply went to the ether, second try.
Do not plan on cooking in this area, you are in a foody zone and should take advantage of all proffered. Do not order the fried brussel sprouts and think they are too good to waste and get a go-box, they should only be served, and eaten outside. But they are wonderful. If cherries are in season at the roadside stands we found them to be the sweetest, and most dear, we have had.
Enjoy, Tim

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I'm not going to be there - it's the math: 8 days on the road for 3½ days of fun is just too much imbalance.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Sorry to see but it is a long way. (Kind of like when I go to Hillsborough early Dec.) Tooling Along

I'm looking forward to a Barth run. The new trans should be installed in a couple days, should be a nice time to run it.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Sorry we wont be able to make this one. Frowner

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Not as if this is a formal Barth GTG, so the numbers will be down. Sorry to hear Sloop & Rusty won't be able to make it, but we'll be here to welcome whoever does.

Here's hoping the Minnesnowta GTG will be well-attended.

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Things just seem to come up sometimes… I am still planning on a weekend of fun, once I get the coach ready!

Transmission is in but not hooked up. Shift linkage, cooler lines, tail housting and drive shaft. Swap to the bigger pan and I'm done.

I got the new tail bearings this morning. Everything is ready to install. It will be mostly done by tonight. Test drive tomorrow, then Allegan on Thursday! Tooling Along

(I heard a rumor that you can actually drive these things and you don't have to work on them all the time. What would I do to stay out of trouble?)

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
(I heard a rumor that you can actually drive these things and you don't have to work on them all the time. What would I do to stay out of trouble?)

Only true if you free your unicorn beforehand. Ooops

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke