Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    Finally, a GTG potential in Good Ol' Allegan, MI
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Finally, a GTG potential in Good Ol' Allegan, MI
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/16
Picture of Quinn
posted Hide Post
Really sorry to hear that news, Mary. Sending good thoughts and prayers.

89 28' Regal
Quad Bunks
P-30 454
8906-3623-28C-B

Posts: 235 | Location: San Leandro, California | Member Since: 08-06-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of kenny j
posted Hide Post
Mary -So sorry to hear that. You and your family will be in out thoughts and prayers. Kenny and Kazy

Posts: 186 | Location: grasston, mn | Member Since: 06-16-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Thank you to all for your good thoughts and prayers.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
We've been talking about the best way to make reservations and submit payments for this event.
It's best to go through the Good Sam website here

http://www.michigangoodsam.org...ng_registration.html

Payment should be made when you register. Be sure to put a note on the registration form indicating that you are with the Barth group.

I spoke with Cathy (Barth) VanLaningham recently. She says that while her husband Larry (a former supervisor in the Barth factory) is feeling somewhat better at present they will have to see how his health is doing in July. I'll also send an invitation to Sue Lechlitner so she can notify other former employees about the event. (Not sure where that will go yet.)

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Finally sent my registration to Good Sam. Thumbs Up

We are looking forward to seeing everyone, including Cathy and Sue and company folks.

I put a link to this thread in the Community Announcements. Hope to see more Barths! I will try to contact some of our lurkers to draw them out.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/16
Picture of Jim Roller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lou:
We've been talking about the best way to make reservations and submit payments for this event.
It's best to go through the Good Sam website here

http://www.michigangoodsam.org...ng_registration.html

Payment should be made when you register. Be sure to put a note on the registration form indicating that you are with the Barth group.

I spoke with Cathy (Barth) VanLaningham recently. She says that while her husband Larry (a former supervisor in the Barth factory) is feeling somewhat better at present they will have to see how his health is doing in July. I'll also send an invitation to Sue Lechlitner so she can notify other former employees about the event. (Not sure where that will go yet.)

Posts: 10 | Location: Naperville, Illinois | Member Since: 09-10-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/16
Picture of Jim Roller
posted Hide Post
We are looking forward to meeting other Barth owners, Ours is a 1998, 37', 8'3 Cummins . 6 speed Allison. Ours is a custom design with no Model listed other than Private Coach. Being from Illinois it is names "DA COACH" with Mr. Ditka's permission. We can't wait to see everyone. Thanks for the work your doing to make this happen. We sent in our reservation to Chris Farr with payment last week. Thanks again. Jim & Joanie Roller

Posts: 10 | Location: Naperville, Illinois | Member Since: 09-10-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Excellent! Thumbs Up This should be a great time. cheers

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
The confirmed list so far:
1. Steve & Liz (Steve VW)
2. Sloop John B
3. Fred & Cindy
4. Lou (& Barb)
5. (Captain) Rusty
6. Mogan David
7. Jim Roller

Lou

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Good news: Just heard from the Good Sam folks that a Barth owner not active on Barthmobile.com wants to join our group at the GTG. I told her that by all means, anyone owning a Barth is more than welcome. She mentioned a Mr. Heely but was unsure of the spelling.

Perhaps we shall hear from him soon.

Lou

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
StaRV II is back home after several weeks in the shop. We're "go" for Allegan!

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Excellent, Rusty.

Looking forward to seeing you again, as with all Barth owners who can make it!

Lou

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
My check hasn't been cashed yet (sent a month ago) - I've emailed Chris Farr (Treasurer) to follow up.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I received this from Chris Farr yesterday (she never did answer if my reservations had been received):

"We will be depositing all received checks shortly, we moved late last year and our banking services had to be changed so we didn't have to drive so far to do banking. We opened the new account late Friday, so will get them in as soon as our new deposit slips arrive, Thanks for the inquiry, Christine Farr"

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Not the way I would do business, for sure.

I'm going to ask Good Sam for a more positive indicator. An email receipt would be nice.

For those who haven't as yet registered but are thinking about it, please give this a chance. I'll be back re: their answer.

Lou