Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    Finally, a GTG potential in Good Ol' Allegan, MI
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Finally, a GTG potential in Good Ol' Allegan, MI
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Hey Quinn,

Barb and I did 7,500 miles in 2013, including Orange, CA. Went to see a childhood friend who runs an RV repair shop in LA,+ few other friend scattered all around the USA.

When they made your Barth they set it up for the long haul. Wouldn't it be sumpin' if you could make this one.

Just sayin',

Lou

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Hey Captain Rusty,

I'm truly hoping you can make it. When I think of "Retired Military" I think of you. When I think of Barthers far & wide: I think of you.

All I ask: Give it your best shot.

Lou

BTW: This invitation (of course) is extended to some SOBs we know and love: Nick/Donna & Tom/Nancy. The latter knows the way, and Nick can figure it out! Pass the word.

L

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Hey Quinn, it would be great to meet you. 2200 miles is just a bit more than northern MI to FLA Keys but you can do it! If gas prices don't go crazy it won't be too bad.

Be careful, this stuff is addictive… I have 35,000 miles since spring of 2011. Tooling Along

Have Barth, will travel.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5161 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Here's an update on the Allegan County Fairgrounds and their quest to update their RV hookup capabilities:

Turns out I was way behind the power curve on the status of their site capabilities re: 50 amp service. They are now doing 100 MORE 50-amp conversions. When they get finished they will have approx. 368 campsites with 50 amp service available!

Lou

Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
Lou, Cindy and I plan to attend. We also plan on going to Mackinaw Island before we get there.

1990 32' Regency, Wide Body
Spartan Chassis, 8.3 CTA Cummins
4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
The confirmed list so far:
1. Steve & Liz
2. Sloop John B
3. Fred & Cindy
4. Lou & Barb

posted Hide Post
Do you know if pets are permitted?

Mac
'93 Breakaway

Posts: 28 | Location: Chardon Ohio | Member Since: 02-16-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Pets are permitted, but if taken outdoors, have to be kept on a leash on their RV site. Owners need to do any necessary cleanup.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/16
Picture of Quinn
posted Hide Post
I was really trying to fit this in, but I have 4 boys, aged 4, 6, 8, and 10, so Nitro World Games won out for that weekend.

We also have a neighborhood camping trip the next week (About 40 people, I love our neighborhood!!), and the long drive would have made that tight.

We're booked into the Salt Lake City KOA, which is right downtown. Strangely located, but it has good reviews. We'll be able to take public transport to the stadium, which is pretty darn awesome.

We'll have stop-overs in Winnemucca, partly because it's roughly half way, but specifically to go to The Griddle for breakfast.

Quinn

89 28' Regal
Quad Bunks
P-30 454
8906-3623-28C-B

Posts: 235 | Location: San Leandro, California | Member Since: 08-06-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Sorry we won't see you, but distance and family are strong arguments.

How many Barthers are out there around the left coast? I don't remember any GTGs west of the Black Hills Dakota gig since I've been around. Always wanted to meet Bill h in Arizona but didn't get to it in time.

Maybe a winter GTG in the deep southwest might attract some snow birds from afar… hmm

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5161 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Kelshe
posted Hide Post
We are in Northern California and would love to see something further out here in the west. Would love to meet some fellow Barthers. We are actually planning a trip to AZ. the first of the year and plan on being in the area for a couple of months. I would be willing to help with organizing something in any way that I can.

Sheila

Posts: 77 | Location: Auburn, CA | Member Since: 11-05-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/16
Picture of Quinn
posted Hide Post
We could probably make something like that, especially if it fell during school Christmas break.

We've been meaning to get to Lego Land, could kill two birds with 6 Stones.

Where are you planning on staying in Arizona?

89 28' Regal
Quad Bunks
P-30 454
8906-3623-28C-B

Posts: 235 | Location: San Leandro, California | Member Since: 08-06-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Doesn't take much to have a GTG. Mike and I started the Black Hills GTG. Was hoping to have a few west coaster show up. Both Mike and I did not make it. It was a great time for the dozen coaches that made the GTG.

I am sure if you set a GTG in AZ. during the winter you'll have a good time.

Try to find a place that will work with you. Have them understand that you may only have a few or there might be 20. Post it and see what others might want for dates and location. The rest will just fall in place.

Some Barthers just need a destination to head for.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I'm signed up for the Rally. Tooling Along

Have to sign StaRV II up later, since it's still in the shop (but the most tedious work is done)...mechanic

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doorman:
Some Barthers just need a destination to head for.

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp