Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    September Barth Owners GTG - September 18-21, 2008
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

September Barth Owners GTG - September 18-21, 2008
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
The suspense is almost killing me!!!!! Wink

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Nick is SUCH a tease!

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Ray:
The suspense is almost killing me!!!!! Wink
Don't kill Mary. If she kicks because you don't tell her who's coming, then you'll need another person to fill her slot. Big Grin

Besides, the person who is coming may want to meet her. Wink

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Okay, I give in. I don't want to kill anybody. Frowner Carl guessed correctly so soon after I posted the question I had to drag it out some. The Special guest is in fact Bill N.Y. will be attending the GTG. Due to distance and time constraints Bill will be flying in for the weekend and we won't get to see the STORY.

Bill gets to meet Mary Ray and we all get to meet the guy that puts so much time, effort and money into this wonderful website.

Now for those hoping for Elvis. Sorry Frowner

Hope more of you will take this opportunity to attend and meet Bill.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Cagle:
Due to distance and time constraints Bill will be flying in for the weekend...
I will be flying into Atlanta and renting a car for the 2 hour drive to the GTG. If anyone else wants to fly into Atlanta, I'll be happy to give you a lift too. They have a few cabins on the grounds and I will be renting one of them for the weekend.

I am taking too many days off of work this summer. If I drive to the GTG, I will have to show up later and leave earlier. I would rather spend an extra 2-3 days with you then drive. Right now, airfare is cheaper for one person then what it would cost to drive there...
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Cagle:
Hope more of you will take this opportunity to attend and meet Bill.
If I'm your big lure, you're in trouble Nick. Big Grin

Now, if you can get Bill H. and/or Dave Bowers to fly into Atlanta, they could stay with me in the cabin and I could drive them up... Then you might have something. Wink

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
Bill NY, I am about 120 miles from Atl, what is your schedule? I will be going to the rally if a great, great deal does not come up on a trip. Looks like this economy will give some good bargains like I got in 2001. sky

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sky:
Bill NY, I am about 120 miles from Atl, what is your schedule? I will be going to the rally if a great, great deal does not come up on a trip. Looks like this economy will give some good bargains like I got in 2001. sky
I've booked cabin #3 for 9/18 and I will be leaving on 9/22 mid morning.

I want to see if anyone else bites for showing up for that weekend. If I can lure another person to fly into Atlanta I will make my flight around the same time.

If no one else bites before next Wednesday, I'll make my flight reservations then... As it stands now, I'm going to let other people ponder a weekend getaway with free/discounted room fees. I'm hoping, between everyone else attending, we can "muster up" Roll Eyes a hotdog or two so we/I won't starve. Big Grin

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Not to worry Bill, we are not going to let you go hungry. I am sure there will be plenty of food and drink to keep you satisfied.

Mary

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Rusty and Bywaters, they have us across the road from the rest of the gang, are we going to stand for this or are we going to request a change in location?

Mary

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
The spaces we're in are 30A only - the ones across the street are 50A and a few bucks a day more. I plan to change to the 50A.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
As in the olden days when I had to work,and attend those fantastic "Out of Town" meetings there was the "Hospitality Suite". Can we assume cabin #3 will be that place ?? Glad you're coming Bill...............

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Someone (Ain't sayin' who) might bring a bit of Maker's Mark for "hospitality". And food, also...of course, best of all FREE PETTING of the Gruesome Twosome, and FREE REPLENISHING if you're low on dog spit...

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
posted Hide Post
Mary, I will call tomarrow to upgrade to 50 amps if that is what is needed to set up a series of Barth MH's

My plan is to visit that Barth in Harrisonburg tomarrow evening..

Doug Bywaters
Near Skyline Drive Virginia!

Posts: 101 | Location: Flint Hill VA | Member Since: 09-29-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Rusty and Bywaters, I will also move to the other side. Bywaters, the only reason I haven't bought the Barth is not being able to go get it now. I am trying to work out a storage agreement with the owner and the automotive place where the Barth is located. The owner stated that others are also interested in purchase which is fine with me as long as it doesn't get donated.

Mary

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carlflack:
...those fantastic "Out of Town" meetings there was the "Hospitality Suite". Can we assume cabin #3 will be that place ??
Cabin 3 can hold 3-4 people. It has 3 beds and a full bathroom. Cabin 3 can be anything you want it to be... For me, it'll remind me of not bringing the Barth. Sadly, I can't get more time off.

Now, if I hit the lottery, you'll see me there in a newer Barth. I'll be the first to arrive, and the last one to leave. Big Grin

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis