Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    September Barth Owners GTG - September 18-21, 2008
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 21
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

September Barth Owners GTG - September 18-21, 2008
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Hi folks
Tere and I have only been to Chatanooga once, last summer. We rode the incline up to the top of Lookout Mountain. It has the steepest grade of any incline in the world. There are a lot of very fine older homes at the top, and an exhibit that goes through the Battle of Lookout Mountain. Once at the top, the ridge stretches many miles down into Georgia. It can be very hot at that time of year. We also went to Ruby Falls. The story behind how Ruby Falls was developed and its' use by the Indians and the Condederacy was just as interesting as the falls, which you get to by hiking inside a cave for about 1 1/2 miles. We were there in June and it was too hot to do the Rock City tour. The campground website includes info about many of the other attractions in the Chatanooga area. If you plan to do any of these, make sure you bring or arrange for some kind of transportation. The campground is about a seven minute ride from Chatanooga.
Tere and I are at site 17. The Racoon Mountain people said that it had the most shade. Maybe by that time we'll have our 50 amp conversion completed. Now I've got to get busy trying to remove the old dingy paint on my Regal so it's a least presentable.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Great response so far!!! Smiler
It has only been one week since a definite sight was selected and we already have 8 coaches.
  • Nick & Donna (Nick Cagle)
  • Mary Ray
  • Ray & Anne (Sky)
  • Carl & Betty (CarlFlack)
  • Tom & Nancy (Tom Johns)
  • Doug & Wife (Bywaters)
  • Casey & Maggie (Rusty)
  • Jim & Tere

Let's see if we can fill this campground with Barths.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Made our reservations this morning.Will arrive Thursday the 18th and pull up anchor Monday the 22nd.We were assigned to site #133 See ya'all at the fair......

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
I have previously posted the members that are signed up for this GTG and now have put together a list of the coach models that will be represented:
  • 75 Barth 28' Motorcoach
  • 84 29' Regal
  • 85 28' Regal
  • 88 33' Regal SE
  • 90 32' Regency
  • 90 36' Regency
  • 93 32' Regency
  • 94 28' Breakaway

This is a good start on representing the Barth production history, just need a few more.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Special Guest at the GTG

Today, I learned that we are going to have a special guest at the GTG. Someone I had not expected to attend. Anyone want to venture a guess at his or her identity?
Nick

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
In my wildest dreams I'm guessing Bill NY and to push the imagination to the limit I still remember Dave Bowers wanting to attend a GTG reasonably close to Minn.(maybe he will hitchhike)

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carlflack:
In my wildest dreams I'm guessing Bill NY
Wink

Bill N.Y. Big Grin

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Elvis??

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Capt Daniel Gregg? (from "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir").

I'm assigned space #56.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm assigned space #56.

Rusty

Rusty ask them if you can get closer, you are as far away as you could get. Unless you are trying to tell us something. We promise to bathe at least once while we are there. So far the group is in spaces 133, 134, 135, & 17. there is a map at the web site.

Nick

Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Elvis??

The wife is the Elvis fan. I'm more the Killer, Jerry Lee Lewis fan. But he hasn't committed yet.
Nick

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Cagle:
quote:
I'm assigned space #56.

Rusty

Rusty ask them if you can get closer, you are as far away as you could get. Unless you are trying to tell us something. We promise to bathe at least once while we are there. So far the group is in spaces 133, 134, 135, & 17. there is a map at the web site.

Nick

Apparently those of us commoners that only need 30A service are in one cluster, folks with the Big Fancy Hoity-Toity Coaches (Big Grin) with 50A are put in the other. I may just call and upgrade to the larger connections.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
So far you have guessed Bill N.Y., Dave Bowers, Elvis, and Capt Daniel Gregg? (from "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir").

Anyone else want to venture a guess before the secret identity is revealed?

Nick

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Not our ol' buddy??!! Red Face

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Dave Bowers hisownself? Eeker

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke