Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    September Barth Owners GTG - September 18-21, 2008
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

September Barth Owners GTG - September 18-21, 2008
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
This isn't thread drift so stick with me a minute. Down here in Sarasota the Airstreamers have a big rally every year. They bring in a pretty impressive bunch of tin cans [their term, not being derogitory], and have a good ol' time. Now we all know there are about a gazzilion leventy Airstreams out there, so getting a bunch together shouldn't be much of a problem. Our relatively little group, with a total production number under 10,000, I believe, can and should be very proud of themselves to put together such a fine Get-together.
One note, being a local. The Sarasote Fairgrounds is a big field, period. No shade, nothing to do, just a bunch of tin-canners hanging out together. Again, not being derogitory, just not our cuppa T.
The venue for this past weekend looks incredible, the right balance of things to do and laid back enough not to have to anything if you don't want to.
This being said, we have a good bunch for the Fla. GTG Dec 5-6-7, and hope some more can join us. No Go-Carts, but plenty of biking, hiking, canoeing, and a huge swimming pool, and a tram ride to the fort for history buffs.
Glad the weekend went well and the weather cooperated for you all. Stuff like that seems to happen when you live right! Smiler

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Our relatively little group, with a total production number under 10,000

Even more impressive Danny, how about a total production number of about 4,000.

It was a blast.

Nick
Self proclaimed as the "world's fastest go-kart driver. Looking for a sponsor at Dega.

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Nick, can't guarantee sponsorship at Dega, but Sunday Morning Biscuits and Gravy will be served!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
posted Hide Post
The Flint Hill Virginia contengent made it home without a problem (in our SOB). I also checked on our buddy Mary and she made the trip home without problem.

Athena, Mary F. and I really enjoyed everyone's company this weekend. the event was more fun than any of us imagined it could be. If I have a vote in the worlds most agressive go-cart driver it would go to wild woman Tere....

Thanks for a great event and we look forward to next year!

Doug Bywaters
Near Skyline Drive Virginia!

Posts: 101 | Location: Flint Hill VA | Member Since: 09-29-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Hey y'all,
Jim & I left around noon today the last to leave & we were thinking we would leave on Sunday. Ha!! We had a great time just sitting around getting to know folks & seeing all the different Barths. We got home around 1:30 so it was easy driving.

We are contemplating the Fla trip in Dec. However Rusty said we need to register asap so we'll see.

Bill Napolitano - I want to register my own name. How do I do that? Tere Did you go right to work after you got home? Enjoyed meeting you, racing with you & just hanging out.

Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
I think the pic betty took is a bit large.

I told some of you I would send a pic of my girls. Nicky the bigger one & Rosie the little one.

Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Tom, this will be the short version.Carl and I made it home with just a little problem.The right inside tire blew on Monteagle.Had to wait two hours. Service truck came and on we went.Had a wonderful time,good food,conversation and we had HOT water all the way home.
P.S.For the owners of Breakaways the removal of the spare tire was a nightmare for the road service mechanic. Never ever try to do it your self.Thanks for everyones help in dieselizing Carl.We love you all,prayers and Blessing to all our new found Barth friends.....Sure was one %*#$@
good time..Maybe Florida????? Someone has to show them how to have a GTG........
Betty

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Carl and Betty, if anyone can show them how to have a good time, it would definitely be this crowd. ROTFLMAO

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Mary you are correct when you say that!!!!! ROTFLMAO It was wonderful and Carl and I had a blast to say the least. Love you.
You are sure one great lady......Betty

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Words can not describe the camaraderie that was present at the GTG. Usually in a group of that size there is someone that really does not fit in with the crowd, but we had none of that. Everyone was like family (that you like) and for the most part we stayed at the campground visiting and of course racing, eating and a few adult beverages were consumed. If you didn't have fun at this GTG it was your own fault Wink

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Ray:
If you didn't have fun at this GTG it was your own fault Wink
There are several photos that require a larger view to get the full feel of how much fun we had.

Names will be changed to protect the guilty!!! Big Grin

Question: Have you ever had so much fun that you couldn't keep your tongue in? We did!!!

Factoid here: Band-Aids will not stick to your tongue. Really...

Here is the difference between a novice and a real racer. Look at the determination in her eyes. She's raced before...

There was a lot of rubbing and bumping.

Did you know? The two seaters could not handle all of the weight. The body started to lift up on this one... Or, was the frame falling apart? You decide. Wink

Apparently, going against the traffic flow will make your co-driver cry.

No, not really. This is a prime example of laughing 'til you cry. ROTFLMAO

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keith Hopper
posted Hide Post
Bill, thanks for posting the great photos. We had a terrific time at the Barth rally. My, but we were well fed and very well entertained. This was only our fourth trip in the Barth (bought is late March) and we had no problems, except for the shore power cord issue that gave us a good scare.

Special thanks to all the guys who jumped in with their expertise and energy to sort that one out. Rusty was hanging upside down in a hot coach for a long time. We just looked on in awe as four or five Barth technical brains took on a tough issue...it didn't stand a chance.

We will do our best to attend the 2009 rally. Again, thank you all for making us feel so welcome.

Keith, Carol, & Ian

1988 Regency
38' Gillig
3208 T Cat

Posts: 161 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia | Member Since: 03-21-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of billyt53
posted Hide Post
Man, did we have a BLAST ! ! ! You guys are GREAT! We will have to get together more often. Helen and I made it to Hammond, LA Sunday evening, then back to work by 11 AM Monday. We must report however, that we terminated a few thousand love-bugs on the way home too. Helen wants to send a picture, but I duno, The Barth is spotty from the carnage !
Billy T

Billy & Helen Thibodeaux

Retired from Billy Thibodeaux's Premiere RV, Inc. Scott, LA 70583 I-10 Exit 97
The Farm is near Duson, LA I-10 Exit 92 then N 1 mile on right
Three Full 50 Amp RV Hookups !
billynhelen@me.com
Data Tag: 9404-3908-36XI-2C
1994 Sovereign 36' Widebody on Spartan IC (Mountain Master Lite) Chassis.