Tools
Reply To This Topic

Florida GTG 2019
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
This is to announce that the Hillsborough River State Park GTG will be December 6 through 8. As always, reservations can only be made through https://www.reserveamerica.com...9-12-06&pageNumber=0. I'm looking at our original area of sites 29 - 44 including the 51 a b and c sites. This entire area is available at this time. The area we stayed in last year is largely available but was rather wet last year. Let's have some input and in a week or so we can nail down our area and make our reservations. Hope a bunch of you can make this GTG, as we always have a good time.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/17
Picture of Janet Rocco
posted Hide Post
Ok I am really going to try to be at this one! I could not make it to the last one in Florida b because my trailer was not finished... lets see how we do this year. I booked 51A. Hope I get to meet all you folks this year.

Posts: 43 | Location: Tampa, FL | Member Since: 12-27-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
I've been so caught up in the Milford GTG that I didn't catch this post. That weekend sounds good to us. Thanks Danny.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I just reserved 36 for Suzie and I. Sites 32 34 35 38 39 and 40 are all available at this time but I wouldn't wait much longer, as the park is already about half booked for that weekend.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
I just reserved 36 for Suzie and I. Sites 32 34 35 38 39 and 40 are all available at this time but I wouldn't wait much longer, as the park is already about half booked for that weekend.

Can you believe that? Tere and I have found that parks we visit are booked months ahead of time. I wonder how many of those really have no idea if they're going or not? It's just a way to save a space "if" they go. Problem is that it shows the park as full when it may or may not be. I think parks shouldn't take reservations until a month or two ahead of time. And then charge a non refundable deposit. Make exceptions for large groups. Grr!!

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Most parks are booked all winter, way in advance. As Jim said, I think many reserve early to get a site but don't always go.

That said, if any of our members do book a site and then change their mind, be sure to let us know before you cancel. Another member may be able to pick up that spot.

I have attended several Hillsborough GTGs and always enjoyed the event. I would encourage folks to make it. Thumbs Up

This year Liz and I will likely already be in Florida by this time, not so far as usual.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
We know that many don't show up, because there are always empty sites on our GTG weekends. The sad truth is that this is a State Campground and there is only one way to reserve. Another option is to watch the RA link on a daily basis when we near the weekend, because they will post the cancelled sites as they become available. The problem with this is that you may get a site, but it may be a long way from the gang. Don't let that stop you though, it's not all that huge of a park.

79 Barth Classic

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Jim, at our state parks you have to pay at the time you make your reservation. If you cancel, you get some of your money back, but not all of it. Not sure of the exact numbers but it keeps people from just making reservations for every weekend and going when they want.

79 Barth Classic

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
That's great to hear. Our favorite place in the world is a Turtle Beach campground on Siesta Key, Fl. It used to be private but is now operated by the state and it makes getting a reservation much easier. We spent some very lovely weekends there when we lived in Florida from June, 2004 to August 2005.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Hillsborough River State Park, FL
Site: 071
Loop: LP3
Type: RV/Trailer Only Site
Primary: Mark Dezwarte
Number of Occupants: 2
Pets: Dog: 0, Cat: 0, Other: 0
Arriving: Dec 05 2019
Departing: Dec 08 2019
Length of Stay: 3 (nights)

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Now that the Rusty Memorial GTG is in the books, I just checked availability for Hillsborough. Looks like our area has some fine sites still available. 33, 34, 35, 39, and 40 are all nice large sites. If you are thinking of making it this year don't wait too much longer to make your reservations.

79 Barth Classic

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
A check this morning shows about the same status as above. If anyone has any questions about this GTG don't hesitate to ask.

79 Barth Classic

posted Hide Post
I am new to Barth owner ( one year) and we have Barth friends who are new (two years). We have never attended one of these GTH? GATHERING? What should we expect? How many Barth owners attend? I would appreciate all the info you can give before we make a commitment.
Thanks,
Kim and Don

Posts: 5 | Location: South Carolina | Member Since: 04-16-2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
GTG= get together. Loose gathering of likeminded spirits. NOT an organized rally with schedule and workshops. Come as you are, sometimes there is a potluck or wine tasting on the schedule, but you are free to mingle or not.
Only fee is campground fee, no other. Just come, meet, sit a spell, enjoy the company of others, exchange Barth knowledge.

GTGs can be just 2 or 3 coaches, in Indiana there were 13, 4 SOBs (some other brand).
BYOB and have fun around a campfire.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Back in 07 Suzie and posted that we were going to Hillsbourough for the weekend. A couple other Barths showed up and we had a good time so the next year I posted it as a Get Together and quite a few more showed up. The next year, 09, we had a great bunch and terrible weather, but we still had a good time and we've been doing it every year since. The park offers great trail hiking, biking, and canoe rentals. The river is very slow so paddling back up is no problem. There is a tram that takes you to an old fort. The only organized activity is Saturday night potluck dinner. The favorite activity seems to be hanging out and talking about Barths, and learning from some real experts. Anything that needs fixing usually gets fixed, often by saying what is wrong and getting out of the way! I recommend going back to page 5 of the GTG forum and clicking on the 3rd annual Fl. GTG thread. There are about 15 pages of pix and comments so you can see what it's all about. The rest of the Fl. GTGs are scattered throughout the forum and there are pix and comments on all of them. The weather is usually pretty nice but it's December so be prepared for anything. [except snow]. Hope you can make it to this years GTG.

79 Barth Classic