Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    our first get togethrr what happens

Closed Topic Closed
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
our first get togethrr what happens
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted
Judy wants to know what is going to happen at Washington since the tour buses come to the campground are there any tours planes or are we on our own? Is there still a potluck on Friday or Saturday? should we bring anything special?she is getting excited .We have been home two days since a month on the road which we did not want to come home from.Won't have the car hooked up until April 2010.that is when the Barths allowance comes in

lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
At the Chattanooga GTG the Cagle's coach was gathering central. We were on our own during the day (some went sight seeing, sone did not) and met at Cagle coach at night. Some brought pot luck and some brought food for their own family, very loosely organized and everyone seemed to like it that way. And then we had the Famous Go-Cart Races and let me tell you, kids aren't the only ones that know how to have fun.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Ray:
And then we had the Famous Go-Cart Races and let me tell you, kids aren't the only ones that know how to have fun.
Names have been changed to protect the guilty!!! Big Grin

Question: Have you ever had so much fun that you couldn't keep your tongue in? We did!!!

Factoid here: Band-Aids will not stick to your tongue. Really...

Here is the difference between a novice and a real racer. Look at the determination in her eyes. She's raced before...

There was a lot of rubbing and bumping.

Did you know? The two seaters could not handle all of the weight. The body started to lift up on this one... Or, was the frame falling apart? You decide. Wink

Apparently, going against the traffic flow will make your co-driver cry.

No, not really. This is a prime example of laughing 'til you cry. ROTFLMAO

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Judy wants to know what is going to happen at Washington since the tour buses come to the campground are there any tours planes or are we on our own? Is there still a potluck on Friday or Saturday?

Lenny, there's no tour planes...Washington DC is highly restricted airspace Big Grin However, I'm guessin' we're talking about tour plans here, so maybe I can weigh in from my end.....

Though I've never been able to make previous GTG's, I surmise from the after-event postings that most of the time is occupied by remaining on-site at the campground to enjoy each other's camaraderie, kick each other's coach tires and generally share mutual Barth interests and life in general....kinda of a kicked-back ambiance....

I'm thinking that the DC-GTG may have additional goals for many attendees, i.e.: pack-in as much of the Washington Experience as can be done in a few days. For that to happen, time flexibility and a diminished number of organized activities is important.

Now, I'm not part of the current White House Administration here, so I'm not trying to cram ANYTHING down anyone's throat nono But when I think about the GTG's planned activities, I pretty much stop at a Saturday dinner potluck, pretty much the centerpoint of the weekend. Other than that, I'm figurin' that folks will be busy comin'-n-goin' as they do the tourist thing.....

As to planned tour groups, I'd be inclined to let them just happen naturally. From my past experiences tour-guiding for various organizations, ya need a common interest for the group (history, architecture, gov't, art, technology, etc) Without that, someone always comes home a little disappointed....better for folks to set their personal agendas and hit the spots they want to see... If a group emerges, that great!

I plan to be on-site from Wednesday afternoon through Monday. During that time, my goal is to help anyone who wants help regarding tourist info, routing, timing, transportation, etc.....basically to help package their plans to get the most out of the day. If there is anyone who may be a little intimidated by the hussle-n-bussle of DC, I'll be happy to go with them downtown the first time, and make sure they've got the right bus, the right train in the right direction, etc. I'll drop them off in the middle of National Mall, point them towards their first stop and make sure they know how to get home. Everyone who wants it will have my 24/7 cell # for any problems (except if it involves bail - then you're on yer own!)

Barth Blvd. will have a non-stop hospitality tent at a comp'd site, with continuous coffee service, endless firewood supply, WiFi laptop and various maps & pamphlets of the major tourist sights.

Most importantly, this is YOUR weekend. Let me know what I can do to make it better for you!
PM's welcomed......

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Lee, I think you hit the nail on the head.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
lee thanks for the info and I did mean plans.the trouble with spell check if it is a real word it lets you use it.Now Judy can plan ahead.thanks again
lenny

lenny and judy
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
is there going to be a pot luck any night and has anyone started a menu yet
Judy

lenny and judy
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Judy,
Go to the D.C. GTG post and you will find some information on this. We are presently getting info. on who and how many plan to attend and will be putting some sort of game plan together for at least a Saturday night pot luck dinner of some sorts. But for the plans of the D.C. GTG, please lets all stay on the one posting for the GTG. It's easier than posting in multiple places and everyone attending can just follow one posting to keep up to date.

[edited by bill ny:] ~ I have locked down this post so no one can respond. To avoid confusion, please direct all comments related to the meals over there.

http://barthmobile.com/eve/for...=477106541#477106541 ~ [/end edit]

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Report This Post