Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    Illinois,wisconsin,Iowa,Michigan,Indiana
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Illinois,wisconsin,Iowa,Michigan,Indiana
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Sloop John B
posted
The Midwest could use a Barthfest of its own. The Northeast was a great one (great pictures guys) the folks in Florida have one started in the winter. Do we just sit around and watch the world go by or do we try a weekend in ??? Wisconsin has Yellowstone Lake State Park, Blue Mound, Kohler-Andrea, Michigan has Van Buren State Park, Indiana has Turkey Run, Potato Creek, Iowa has (help me out here), and Illinois has Starved Rock State Park. Plus each has many more that I would enjoy seeing if others share other possible location here. Do I hear any signs of life out there? I would like it to be open for others that are Barth hope to be's , who would like to see a Barth up close. I have only been in two myself. Do we sit by and only see the Midwest by mouse or see lots of Barths upclose?

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
Iowa has Pikes Peak, really, on a bluff overlooking the Mighty Miss, and it is wonderful during leaf season. Tom

Posts: 25 | Location: bardstown, ky | Member Since: 05-20-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Tom; Sounds great anyone else????

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
Yep, We too would try to attend depending on time and place. I need to ponder other places in Iowa that might work and be Fun as well. I am not sure what campgrounds are available along the Mississippi but It is beautiful over there with lots to do and see.

Mike

mike foster
83-35' regency 8.2 detroit towing 98 cherokee classic 4x4

Posts: 149 | Location: earlham,iowa-usa | Member Since: 01-08-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
I looked at the Pikes Peak State Park website. Location on the Mississippi looks good, there is a lodge to use also (we have used another Iowa State Park to have a family gathering at) it is a bit west for the people from Michigan and Indiana but lets hear what people think. Smiler

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

posted Hide Post
I don't own one, but I'd come by to see a few up close.

Posts: 136 | Location: IL | Member Since: 08-25-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Well, the beginning of my reply is out there in Cyberspace someplace so I'll post again.

Michigan has a lot more than just Van Buren State Park. Barb and I live near the Allegan State Forest, Lake Michigan, the Mighty Kalamazoo River and plenty of lakes and other rivers to explore and camp along. As far as we're concerned its a Mecca for explorers. We also have a great (Allegan County) Fairgrounds which would play host very nicely to a Barthfest (zip is 49010). It's probably too late for this year but next year might work, and by then we might also have our Barth.

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
Picture of Medic37
posted Hide Post
I have been-to Pikes Peak a number of times. Iowa State Parks are "self registration", meaning that everything is on a first-come, first-serve basis with no attendant. Nice shower building and restrooms and several overlook areas.

Directly across the Mississippi is Wyalusing State Park in Wisconsin ...I will probably be venturing there next week. Wyalusing would be my choice over Pikes Peak, as the park is larger and the campground overlooking the Wisonsin and Mississippi Rivers is astounding ...you can see Pikes Peak from across the river. Newer shower building and the campground is more "spread-out, than Pikes Peak. I have been to Wyalusing many times and know the Mississippi River Valley fairly well from Hudson Wisconsin, south, to Wyalusing ...it is my favorite place to travel [Western Wisconsin] and is beautiful in the Fall.

Both parks are easy to find.

~Mac~

1990 31 Foot Regency
Spartan Chassis
Cummins 6CTA8.3
Alison MT643, 4-speed
8905-0123-31RDS-A2

Posts: 259 | Location: Sand Creek Township, Minnesota | Member Since: 06-21-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
OK! Smiler So maybe we need two locations(Great we get to see more Barths and more people) Somewhere west for the Minn., Wis., Iowa.,Ill, MO.Kas., and so on folks and some place east for Ohio,Mich,Ill, In., Ky. and so on. Question who would come by sans a Barth to say hi and to visit lots of Barths?

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
If the location were reachable, say within 4 or 5 driving hours, I would certainly make every effort to be there. It would be worth it to be able to meet Barth-type folks and to get a base for comparisons in our quest to own one.

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
I agree with Lou, four to five hours driving would be ideal for me but doesn't put me close to any of the mentioned places except maybe Kentucky. I would definitely be interested in showing off my antique. Smiler

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post