Barthmobile Portal
Barthtober 2015

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6541087061/m/2053932687

09-14-2015, 08:47 AM
Steve VW
Barthtober 2015
Hey Craig, is this still a go? Looking forward to seeing some more Ohio folks again.

Side tracked with more maintainance lately. Repacking front wheel bearings, grease front end. Also some exhaust work. Will be ready again in time. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp
09-18-2015, 04:42 PM
Doorman
This is an invitation to join me for a GTG

Date: October 16th-18th
Place: Powell Farm,Home of The Devil's Stairscase
AMA National Pro Motorcycle Hillclimb
Hookups: None
Reservations:None
Nightly Rate: $0
This is located in a secluded pasture overlooking the scenic Little Miami River and along The Little Miami Bike Trail

Many covered bridges within about 40 mile radius. The fall colors should be at their peak. Canoe livery located 1/2 mile away. County store about the same distance away. Waynesville about 10 mile north is a antique shopping destination.

Hope many of you can join me.

Link to last year GTG for Info here

Doorman

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath
09-18-2015, 09:35 PM
Steve VW
I am looking forward to this weekend. See you soon! Thumbs Up cheers

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp
10-08-2015, 12:56 AM
Regal Blue
Awww...we won't be able to make it....sooo close yet sooo far away.
We still have thorough check to do before a roadtrip.
Next time!
10-14-2015, 08:43 PM
Steve VW
Sorry to say I will not be attending… again. head bang

In August we had a huge storm with winds up to 100 mph. Much of the Traverse City area saw major tree damage and power down for a week. Worst hit was the Glen Arbor area. M22 was closed for a week with hundreds of trees 2ft or more in diameter tipped over.

Here in Kalkaska we saw about 70 mph. Lost some big trees here, no serious damage but a 3 inch tree limb went right through the roof of the coach.

I went to check my hunting camp in Antrim county. No damage a only a few small trees down near the cabin. Unfortunately, a short way down the trail to where I hunt was not so lucky. I didn't realize until last week when I went down the trail.

I went after it with my trusty Stihl. Many hours later I have made little progress but I apparently managed to trash my shoulder cutting overhead. I had to get help to finish my Centramatic balancer installation. I am now the one-armed man, hoping it is not the rotator cuff but either way I've been painful and useless for a week, so I'm laying low this weekend. Frowner

The trail was once open and clear through the center of this photo… notice the pallet that was in a low spot. I still have a long way to go. That tipped over stump is 8 ft high. The hole it left is a foot deep with water. That sunny area ahead is where ALL the trees are down. deadhorse

I guess I'm getting too old for this foolishness. Now I know why men have sons…

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp
10-14-2015, 10:57 PM
Mogan David
Steve, very sorry to hear that hard work is taking a toll on your shoulder :^(
Sharon and I were blessed to narrowly escape the horrific storms that day. We were within minutes/miles of disaster the Sunday after the MINI Mack Attack. I insist that it was the Holy Spirit who showed me the canopy of an abandoned Mackinaw City Motel where I could load the car, behind the coach, as the rains pounded the area. Otherwise, there was no protection anywhere in Wilderness State park, were we stayed Friday night and Saturday night.
10-15-2015, 12:43 AM
Rusty
Sorry to hear of your issues (no doubt, you adjusted for your age by exercising moderation...right? RIGHT?)

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields