Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    Louisiana - May 5-8, 2011 Breaux Bridge Crawfish Festival - Barth Rally/GTG
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Louisiana - May 5-8, 2011 Breaux Bridge Crawfish Festival - Barth Rally/GTG
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted
Looks like it's official now.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Okay, This is now a definite GTG.

We plan to attend the 2011 Breaux Bridge Crawfish Festival and stay at Cajun Palms RV Resort. The Crawfish Festival is Friday, Saturday, and Sunday May 6,7, & 8, 2011. The GTG will officially start on Thursday the 5th, however some of us already plan on being there no later than Wednesday.

I will reserve sites 14 thru 32 tomorrow morning and am planning on reserving site 18 for Donna and I. Tom and Nancy Johns are planning on reserving site 19 and Billy and Helen Thibodeaux are planning on site 27. Better hurry.

Crawfish eating lessons will be held daily. ROTFLMAO

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Online reservations allow linking to the group. I'll reserve RV20 (5/4-9/11) after Nick makes the group reservation.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I guess Suzie and I will take 28.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
"Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez"

My reservations have been made for site 18. Arriving Wednesday 5-4-11 and leaving Monday 5-9-11. We have reserved sites 14 thru 32 for nights 5-5-11 thru 5-8-11. You will need to make a one night deposit.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I'm in #20, 5/4-9/11.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
#19, 5/4-5/11

Posts: 257 | Location: Carolina Shores Nc | Member Since: 12-12-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Rusty are you making it your home? 9/11

Posts: 257 | Location: Carolina Shores Nc | Member Since: 12-12-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
No, I live at 1793 Appling-Harlem Road, Appling, GA (UBRVRAPE)...Big Grin
Nick and Donna and I generally leave the day after a GTG.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Looking at the site map, it looks like if we have 14-32, all rears will be facing inward, unless I am seeing this wrong! If you drive up the middle road, you would pull in which would get all the coaches facing away from each other on both sides. I am also using the little square in the middle of the pad as a reference for where the awning would go. I don't think it could be reversed as the hook ups would be wrong.

We are trying to get this on our plans, should know by tomorrow night, but it looks very promising that we can make it.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post

Huh? Are you saying that these sites will have our back ends facing each other?

BTW: Clicking on this map will get you a much larger map view.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I'm seeing it that way Bill. If the little kick outs are for the awning you'd drive down the middle [not highlighted] and turn left or right into your site. If I'm in 28 I'd turn right across from 19 where he'd turn left into his site. When leaving I'd pull straight out onto the red road and turn right at the end to exit. So if I'm looking at this correctly, the rear end of our coaches will be facing each other. The red highlighted roads would be for exiting and for sites up to 13 to back in only. Also 36 to 44 would back in off the lower red road, as the next road down is one-way in the other direction and appears to be the exit road for 45 to 53. If we wanted front facing each other, we'd have to have 24 to 44.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I don't think Nick envisioned it that way... Looks like a re-rack might be in order.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Yep, you're right the coaches will face opposite directions. We made every attempt to find spots that would face each other but they were not available. 3-13 not available. Parts of row 36-44 not available. 127-135 not available. We had a similar situation at the Milford GTG and made it work.

Nick

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I'm sure not letting a little thing like that keep us away. Tooling Along

79 Barth Classic