Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    Louisiana - May 5-8, 2011 Breaux Bridge Crawfish Festival - Barth Rally/GTG
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Louisiana - May 5-8, 2011 Breaux Bridge Crawfish Festival - Barth Rally/GTG
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Sadly, I couldn't use "Barth" in Klingon, as it's an epithet that means, "Your mother has a smooth forehead!" Big Grin

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
How far is that Cajun Palms from exit 115? Is it walkable?

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
About 1,000 yards north. You can walk, LA is flat.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
I was more worried about having to swim Big Grin

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Gary, Nick and Donna (and Hank), and I are here! Big Grin

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Wish we were too! Rusty, did you get my PM about the book? The Terrible Hours by Peter Maas. Very good book about the early days of submarines and diving. Planning on bringing it to you at Nicks. Hope you all have a great time and great weather for this weekends festivities. Give the critters a scratch behind the ears for us.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I've read it (PM replied). One of the things I did at USNA was to rewrite the U. S. Navy history section for Reef Points (the Plebe Handbook). Squalus merited a couple of paragraphs, due to the use of the diving bell, a technological triumph of the time.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
I have tried to communicate using chat room but am not having any luck this computer does not have modem and I have to connect via modem to access chat. I know all of you are enjoying the GTG and I sure wish I was there, tell all hello.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Will do. N&D, Gary, and I pigged out on raw oysters tonight...we haven't decided on tomorrow's excesses.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
We're now at billyt's shop, as he and his tech Gerard are rebuilding the differential. Several of the bearings were marginal, and there was a lot of noise underway.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Billy and Gerard found the culprit bearing that was sending metal fines into the other bearings; happily the gear faces were intact.

It appears that Billy and Gerard have located and are fixing the vexing shimmy issue I've been enduring for nearly 4 years.

The longer I'm here, the more impressed I am with Billy, Helen, and their staff!

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I'm back at Cajun Palms. Billy and Gerard have fixed the problems in the coach, where no one else ever came close to figuring them out.

The cost was more than reasonable, and Helen and Billy were wonderful hosts while StaRV II reposed next to their Sovereign.

All-in-all, a great experience!

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
THIS PARK IS NICE EXCEPT WHERE THEY TREATED BILLYT AND HELEN LOST THEIR RESERVATION . THIS PARK IS FULL AND NO SPOTS TO BE FOUND .THEY FOUND THEM CLOSE TO OUR GROUPBUT IT IS STILL INCONVENIENT.WEATHER HAS BEEN THE BEST SINCE WE HAVE BEEN TO THESE EVENTS . LENNY

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
i don't care about cap locks hard enough to type and yes i am a bad speller end only had a lesser education.some times i as if you know how i feel about that. all ways wanted to be a diemaker or truck driver.now i are one.
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Too bad about Billy. Hope they made it up to him somehow. Ugly Betty is a little uglier, but it looks like no serious body work. Glad the weather is cooperating for you folks. How were the love bugs going up Lennie? Pretty bad around here but worse toward mid-state. Let's see some pix!! [bent bumpers don't count Mad]

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post