Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    2009 Florida GTG Hillsborough State Park
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 16
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

2009 Florida GTG Hillsborough State Park
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
3rd Annual ~ 2009 Florida GTG at Hillsborough State Park

Never too early to start planning! I'm looking at the weekend of December 5&6, once again at Hillsborough [sorry Nick]. That's 2 months after the DC GTG so everyone should have time to recuperate and get down here.
For those new to this GTG, you'll make your own reservations, http://www.reserveamerica.com/...ode=FL&parkId=281037 and we use sites 28 thru 40 or thereabouts. It may be a bit early to make reservations but if you have a specific site in mind post it here so somebody doesn't grab it. I will be in 36, and Ed & Deb will probably take 38 again. 37 is a tent only site but the rest are all pretty nice, and the dining hall is right there for the Saturday night feast.More info will follow, but with all the new visitors to the site I wanted to put this out plenty early. I think reservations should be in by June or sooner, as the park fills up early that time of year.
Any input or questions are welcome, and we hope to see a bunch of you there.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Frowner
Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Just checked the reserve site and all the sites in our area are currently available for Dec 4-6. I'll be getting site 36 this week and I recommend nailing down your pick as soon as you know you're going to be able to make it. 20 bucks a night, and I think it's 7 bucks to cancel.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Danny

Just signed up for 38. Dec 4-7.
Deb will make it for sure this time.

P.S. Relocated up to the Tallahassee area on a new project. Found a great spot on the the coast at Holiday Campground in Panacea.Backed right up to the beach.

Don't think I will be able to come down to Seminol later this month so my spot would be available if another Barther wants it. I will hold on to the reservation so let me know.

Heading to Dega in April. Hope to see and meet some other folks going to the race.

ED.

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Coupla things.
Glad you're gonna make Hillsborough.
Too bad about Collier-Seminole, hope you can find a way to make it but if not hope somebody picks up your site. M&M or Cheri & Corey? It's a nice drive, just 75 to the south end of Naples and about 10 miles south on 41.
Now to the important stuff. How do you pronounce panacea. PAN-a-SEA-a, pan-NAISH-e-a ?
In any case, glad you're working and still down this way, and if the summer months allow any weekenders up there maybe we can still get together.

79 Barth Classic

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting for Cheri to book our site. I told her that I will make it happen as long as it's on my schedule. I'm on a five week straight travel binge, so I'm leaving it in her hands.

See you then if nit sooner.

Corey

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Booked #35 for 12/3-7/09.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Booked Site #34 for 12/4-7/09

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
It'll be great to see you again, Carl!

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
We're in 36, Dec 4-6, and Jim and Patty will be reserving 39. Corey and Cheri will probably get 40 again. 37 is tent only! 33 is nice but the hookups are on the left. We pulled in when we had it [see address pic], but last year M&M backed in and ran power and water around the back of the coach over to the hookups. 31 handles up to 30' but has 50 amp power if that's important to you. 32 will handle anything. 30 will handle 30'. You can also go up to the low 40's and still be in our area. As I said, not all sites have 50amp service, so be sure to look if you have to have it.
We'll be making all the plans later in the year, but it's important to get your reservations in now. I think there is a 7 dollar cancellation fee if things don't work out, so you might be out 7 bucks, but if you wait too long you might not get in at all, and we want to see you there!

79 Barth Classic

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/10
aka: noble97monarch
Picture of Cheri
posted Hide Post
Corey and I have reserved site #40.

Cheri

Posts: 51 | Location: Bradford NH/Spring Hill FL | Member Since: 06-03-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Jim & Patty switched to 43 this year, so 39 is still open.

79 Barth Classic

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Just talked to Nick, and he's going to get 39 as soon as his PC is working again.[Weather]

79 Barth Classic

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
39 has been reserved for Dec 4-6. Will drive half way on the 3rd. Maybe we can meet up with Rusty and make it the rest of the way together.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I wish I had known. Confused I'm going down on the 3rd...

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke