Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    2009 Florida GTG Hillsborough State Park
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

2009 Florida GTG Hillsborough State Park
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I still think we should split the food into dinners Friday and Staurday nights...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
I still think we should split the food into dinners Friday and Staurday nights...
I'm kinda with Rusty here. Sounds like we might have enough food to feed an Army,

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
If we are going to split the dinners we would like to serve peal and eat shrimp on the off night of Dannys bacon wrapped shrimp. Tom and Nancy

Posts: 257 | Location: Carolina Shores Nc | Member Since: 12-12-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
Hi, everyone!
Lenny and I (Judy) agree that two nights of food would be better. I am bringing corn casserole for Saturday night and taco soup for the second night if it happens. Gift exchange is great idea. How to decide which of many items around house is the hardest part. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Judy Montgomery

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
My thoughts are that nobody is bringing enough of any one thing to make a complete meal for 20+ people. Frinstance, say I make 60 Bacon wrapped shrimp,[a lot], that's still only 3 per person. The Nobles make a few racks of ribs, and it still will only be a couple bones per. But everybody doing this will make a nice dinner for Saturday night. You all can do as you like, of course, but Suzie and I are sticking to the big dining hall meal Saturday night, and of course biskits and gravy Sunday morning for all. Not sure where we'll do that yet, depends on seating, but I'm thinking about serving up Sunday breakfast back in the dining hall this year, instead of at our site like we did last year.
Maybe on Friday night those who want to share can do so at their campsite. We love them peel&eats!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post
Hey Danny,

Barb & I agree with you for the one Saturday night meal.
Barb said she is thinking of doing a large seven layer salad and bringing chips, is that ok?
We were out of town in Arkansas for a week so now I really have to get the Barth back together.

Jim & Barb

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Danny
You are the boss If you say Saturday that will be great also. Just tell us what to do and WE, your fellow Barthers, will abide by your decision.
love to all
lenny

lenny and judy
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nick you will have to be first to get that scotch in the excange.I like scotch. Irish whiskey.Russian vodka.Polish vodka.Tangeray gin also black jack.Crown royal.and beer you could throw in wine also.I don't drink that often the gtg are my down fall can handle two befor I talk funny
lenny

lenny and judy
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of billyt53
posted Hide Post
Hey GUys, been off the forums for a while. Regarding Saturday meal or any meal for that matter, Helen & I are cooking a chicken & smoked sausage gumbo. We are also bringing enough red beans to make a red beans & sausage dish. 20 people, no problem. If some of you want to get together and fix a side dish or dessert, that would be great too. What I will do this mornng is read back through the posts to see what has been discussed regarding the GTG. Can't wait to see you guys!
Billy T

Billy & Helen Thibodeaux

Retired from Billy Thibodeaux's Premiere RV, Inc. Scott, LA 70583 I-10 Exit 97
The Farm is near Duson, LA I-10 Exit 92 then N 1 mile on right
Three Full 50 Amp RV Hookups !
billynhelen@me.com
Data Tag: 9404-3908-36XI-2C
1994 Sovereign 36' Widebody on Spartan IC (Mountain Master Lite) Chassis.