Forums    Barth Rallies and Get Togethers    2009 Florida GTG Hillsborough State Park
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

2009 Florida GTG Hillsborough State Park
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Need some updates from down there !......
Inquirying minds want to know...... Cool

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Jim and Tere - If Nicki is a dog with eyetrouble might want to check for "dry eye". We had a little schnauzer girl that went blind in one eye because the previous owner did not take care of it. Just needs some special lotion in it.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of T&T&B
posted Hide Post
Every body there is probably too busy looking for blankets, rain gear, and tying down the awnings. The last 3 days here in the sunny south have been cold and rainy. I think it has nothing but rain in St. Pete area since Friday. They even had tornado warnings posted in south Florida here, don't know if that stretched to Hillsborough or not. It rained almost all day Fri, yesterday it started to clear a little about 3pm, then the cold front hit. No snow like Don in Niagara, but VERY cool. (This is coming from a Northern transplant - me - but then Tom will tell you if the temp falls below 75 I grab a sweater - guess your blood really does thin out - been in Florida 19 years in January).

I HOPE that they will come back with some good reports, but rest assured, it will be good reports about the Barths, the Barthers, and the Barthlettes (4 legged ones), I doubt anyone will say anything good about the weather Frowner

Tina

36' Barth Regency
3208 Cat 250 HP
Allison 4 speed Transmission, Gillig Chassis
"If it ain't a CAT it's a DOG"

Posts: 142 | Location: South Florida - La Belle | Member Since: 03-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Cheri and I just got home from the GTG and I can report the weather had no real chance of dampening the fun, food and merriment with the crowd that was there.

Fortunately, Danny and Suzie picked Hillsborough State Park with all seasons in mine as it has an enclosed pavilion with a stone fireplace. If the hugs and fire didn't warm us, the many forms of liquid fire were also available. If that didn't work, one only had to watch Connie (Cap't Bob's First Mate) doing every form of aerobic exercise in shorts and a tee shirt to shame you into feeling warm!!

The day dawned bright, sunny, and brisk this morning, allowing us to finish up last minute repairs and advice sessions.

We were lucky to host Bill NY in our coach and I'm proud to say his sofa/bed comfort rating climbed higher each night... and this without me having to resort to reminding him of reclined rental car seating/beds likely rating!!

We really love this gathering and recommend it to all that can possibly get here each year. We got to meet a lot of new folks and even one Barth that has never posted, but couldn't resist a late entry into the fray.

We left this afternoon and I couldn't help noticing there were large tow trucks amassing along route Interstate 75. Clearly word has leaked out that Nick Cagle will be soon heading back to GA Violence

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by noble97monarch:
We were lucky to host Bill NY in our coach and I'm proud to say his sofa/bed comfort rating climbed higher each night... and this without me having to resort to reminding him of reclined rental car seating/beds likely rating!!
And what gracious host they were. 5 star rating!

Here is one image that will make you scroll horizontally. I pasted several images together... Big Grin

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Here are a few of the attendees...

John & his Sleeping Daughter Sophie

Lenny & Judy ~ Hiding in the coach is Guapo & Liza

Momma Lou, Helen T & Bill T

Barbara & Jim ~ Champ & Clair

Candy & Morris

Betty & Carl Flack

Danny & Suzie

Bob and Connie w/ her invisible jump rope.

Cheri & Corrie Noble w/ Sue & Moonbeam

There are several missing images so I apologize if I took your picture in front of the coach and it is not here.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
There were a few groups that were marauding around.

Here was the Sat Night feast. We were apparently too loud as the Florida Park Services had to ask us to quiet down. Roll Eyes

Here is John and his Daughter Sophie who cleaned up at the Christmas Party - Too Cute!!!

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
Good job Barth hearder!!!! Thanks for the pics!!!

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Here are the players... If I get one wrong, please drop me a PM so I can straighten the image out.

There was a couple who came to this GTG. His name is Donald Sweigart. His wife is standing to the left of him. If you know who she is, please PM me so I can get her name up too.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Here is where Danny parked last year. Big Grin

just the right angle shot... Wink

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
Bill, Thank you for putting faces to the names..

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jsloan
posted Hide Post
Some fine looking coaches and a great looking group of people!

~Jeff~

1984 28' Regal P30

Posts: 148 | Location: Mississippi | Member Since: 09-13-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
In the end, here is how it all shook out.

Here is who actually attended and where they parked.

Here is what was supposed to happen.

Unfortunately, because of the weather, we had a few no-shows. It's kind of hard to get to the GTG when you're axle deep in mud. Frowner

Sorry to those who could not make it.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of T&T&B
posted Hide Post
Well, it certainly looks you y'all had a GREAT time, I am kicking myself that we did not just turn the key and get up there. Glad that the weather did not slow the party down, except for those who were in the mud.

ALL of those Barths look VERY pretty sitting in their respective spots. Too bad the weather didn't co-operate more.

Once again, GREAT job all you Barthers, and EXCELLENT job for the pics BillNY. Thumbs Up Thanks.

Tina

36' Barth Regency
3208 Cat 250 HP
Allison 4 speed Transmission, Gillig Chassis
"If it ain't a CAT it's a DOG"

Posts: 142 | Location: South Florida - La Belle | Member Since: 03-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Here are Patty & Jim's tow behind. These are Danny's Friends, who we've heard so much about all these years. They go to the races together and have been going to Hillsboro longer than Danny has.

Unfortunately for them, their pop up pooped out... Sorry, I'll keep my day job. Their pop-up would only travel half way before failure. Jim is a big boy and had to hunch when he went in. 75% height was not enough. The electric over hydraulic motor/solenoid and wiring burnt up and caught fire.

Mary Ray's site with her son David. Unfortunately, Mary Ray had an issue with her coach from back in DC and ran out of time getting the CC back on the road.

What's a CC? You'll have to ask Mary as the name has been changed to something else. Big Grin

Let me introduce you to my closet - er... Rental Car.

One Owner - a "Lurker" to our site, came in late Friday with his daughter. It's always nice to have unexpected company and we took them in with food and gifts at Dinner/Gift giving time.

Sophie & John.

If you noticed that she seems to be "Clinging Onto" her gift... Well, that's because someone stole er, confiscated her last gift. Frowner

So, I asked... what the heck is this all about?

Surprisingly, it made perfect sense.

A rolling stone gathers no moss.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis