Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth Rangers Rally
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Don Scalzo
posted
Kudos for the Worleys!! Hank & Deb have raised the bar for future Barth Rallys!!
From the opening ceremony where Hank performed a "Holeimpic torch bearing" to the closing when he staggered to the "campfire??" and collapsed intending to pass the torch, the rally was a winner. We were all so worn out that no one had the strength to pick either Hank or the torch up! I was a little skeptical about the price, but Linda was champing at the bit, so we went. IT WAS A BARGAIN! I have run rallys myself, and was amazed at the planning, and how well things ran, and this rally was hundreds of miles from the Worleys home. Before attending, I had the impression that Lee Merriman was a "stuff Shirt" only to find the shirt stuffed with a great big heart. His wife Shirley is a perfect compliment to Lee. They will both do anything to help, and not just Barthers.
Over $900 was raised for the Shriners hospital for kids, where Lee volunteers his help. Linda pulled out the checkbook and our check was eagerly snapped up by Ann, the treasurer. We are now Barth Rangers. Ann also ran down a Texas couple who were camping nearby and signed them up. We are now looking forward to the Sunshiner's ralley in December. All of the folks we met are "FIRST CLASS" as was this rally.

Posts: 196 | Location: Apollo Beach, Fl. USA | Member Since: 10-05-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your comments do not surprise me. I have never met Hank, but from his e-mails, and talking on the phone to him I knew he was a thoughtful person. Glad you had such a great time. I have met the Merrimans just one time, and they made me feel so welcome in their home so I know from where you speak. Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/08
posted Hide Post
We too are looking foward to the Sunshine Rangers Rally in Fla. in DEC.!!We hope it fun in the SUN!!We are hoping for a lot of folks to be there!

------------------
Jay&Shelby 95 Regency 34ft. 300 hp.

Posts: 134 | Location: Harriman,Tn.U.S.A. | Member Since: 01-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post