Notify
Tools
Canada: Quebec, 1990 Breakaway 30'
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 06/08
Picture of Raymag
posted
Quebec, Canada, 30 foot 1990 Breakaway

I’m selling my 1990 Barth Breakaway. Built in November 1990, it was imported in Canada, brand new, in the spring of 1991. It was never driven during the winter and was garaged 6 months a year, every year. The result, the Sikkens paint is as sparkling as the day this Barth was built. There is no dents, or scratches. Regular maintenance was always performed.
It has the 5.9L Cummins engine coupled to the Allison 542 Transmission. The mileage is only 69,300 miles (remember this unit is stored 6 months a year!)
It has new tires, new coach batteries, a new in-dash AM-FM-CD-MP3 radio with a wireless remote control, and a new HD-LCD flat screen TV.
Other options include:
Disn Network (Bell ExpressVue) satellite dish
XM radio Antenna
Cherry cabinets with no sign of wear
7,000 Watts LPG generator
50 Amps electrical
4 hydraulic jacks
4 awnings
Cloth covered ceiling
Trailer hitch
Huge 34X34 shower
Non-smoker

This Barth also came factory-equipped with rather unique options such as:
Ceramic tiled floor ( there is absolutely no carpet in this unit)
Front Bra in heavy vinyl with the Barth logo
Night time pleated shades in the windshield, driver’s window, and the door.

Maintenance-wise, nothing was ever spared to maintain this unit in top condition. Because it never drove on salted roads or in the salty air of the coast, the under-body is almost rust-free and there is no galvanizing blisters on the aluminum panels.
This Barth is truly in mint condition and looks better than others that are years younger.

My Barth data tag : 9011-3699-30BS-1B

Asking price is $29,000US

Contact me at ___-___-____
or
---------@gmail.com

Real

1991 Breakaway 30Ft
5.9L Cummins Diesel
Spartan Frame
4 Speed Allison Model 542
Front Entrance
Firestone Ride-Rite Suspension

Posts: 126 | Location: Shefford, QC Canada | Member Since: 08-02-2006Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/17
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
This Barth is incredible! If you're looking for a premium motorhome, this is it!

R.P.Muise 1994 Breakaway/Cummins 5.9/Allison transmission/Spartan Chassis

Posts: 662 | Location: Hampden, Massachusetts | Member Since: 10-13-2005Report This Post
Picture of madrone
posted Hide Post
It really looks like a great Breakaway. Are you sure you really want to sell it? There is no contact info in your ad Smiler

Steve

Does it have an exhaust brake?

Posts: 69 | Location: Texas | Member Since: 11-26-2008Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/16
Picture of coaster48
posted Hide Post
Raymag!
Why are you selling? You are not long into your Barth, do you need more power,more room, more???
or is it another eye popping coach that has caught your fancy?! Your past posts always seemed liked you were quite satisfied with the Barth acquisition!

Cheers,

1995 Regal 31 Ft.
Ford F 53 Chassis
460 EFI

Posts: 93 | Location: Sechelt,B.C. Canada | Member Since: 03-17-2005Report This Post
Picture of Raymag
posted Hide Post
Neil, I was ,and indeed still, am very satisfied with my Barth.
But I sadly decided that I needed something different for two main reasons. First, the number of grand-children is increasing and we will be bringing them for week-ends more often. Also, now that I'm retired, we will be planning winter trips that will last months at the time. So the main reason is simply more room.
I know that I will never have the same quality again.

But up until now the smaller size of the Breakaway has been to my advantage. I can drive it in the city and know that I can turn anywhere.

Ray

Real

1991 Breakaway 30Ft
5.9L Cummins Diesel
Spartan Frame
Front Entrance

Posts: 126 | Location: Shefford, QC Canada | Member Since: 08-02-2006Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Ray
Hope you find the right coach and that it is a Barth. We are really pleased with ours as a long term live in unit. Last winter, 4 months in Texas and Arizona. Next winter, God willing, 5 months in Texas, Arizona and SoCal.
The Regencies have lots of outside and inside storage space and the full air system makes long distance driving a pleasure with enough power to tow a car too.
Anything 15 years and older is easy to import into canada. Less than 15 years requires a few more hoops to jump thru but isn't a big deal. For some reason, only Barth's built 1996 and earlier are importable to Canada from the US. Don't know why 97s and 98s are not allowed??
Anyway, good luck on your sale and hope another Barth is in your future.
Don

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I've seen this coach in person and can attest to its shape - If anything, Ray has "Understated" its condition!!!

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
Picture of Raymag
posted Hide Post
Barth is sold!!

The first person who saw it is an aeronautical engineer who knew about Barth and wanted to buy one.

Gone in less than 24 hours Eeker

Real

1991 Breakaway 30Ft
5.9L Cummins Diesel
Spartan Frame
Front Entrance

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of Jeff & Joy
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, I hope everything works out and you have another Barth in the near future. Smiler

Posts: 144 | Location: wolverine, michigan | Member Since: 07-24-2008Report This Post