Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
AZ: 1992 Barth Breakaway 30' w/ Jeep Cherokee
 Login now/Join our community

posted
We had our 1992 Barth Breakway Coach manufactured with many upgrades and continued to add upgrades such as the air suspension ride and Allison transmission with a retarder braking system. It was housed in a garage in Madison, Wis. until 2006 when we moved to Mesa, AZ. With a new engine 2 yrs ago, we expected many more years in "Zeus," but my husband's failing health makes it necessary to sell it. We are also willing to sell the "back-road," armored 2003 Jeep Liberty, to make a great travel package.

Please call with questions at xxx-xxx-xxxx

1992 Barth Breakaway 30' Motor Home
Excellent Traveling Coach
$19,900 or $28,900 with towed Jeep Liberty
Data Tag: 9109-3757-30BS-6B

Ownership: Call xxx-xxx-xxxx

• Single owner, meticulous & housed in garage for first 16 yrs in Madison, Wis., non-smokers
• Last 3 yrs. in storage lot in Mesa, AZ

Body & Engine:
• 2-year Cummins engine B5.9, 11,000 miles, 190 hp
• 30' diesel pusher, only 11,000 miles
• Spartan chasis
• Propane generator
• Upgraded Allison transmission with retarder (great on mountains!)
• Aluminum frame and body, air springs ride
• Raised air intake (for dusty roads), eg. Alaska
• Air conditioning lines replaced in 2010
• 2-year old tires, all around, 11,000 miles
• Tire pressure monitor & alarm on all tires & tow car tires

Interior:
• Corian kitchen counter & table top, filtered water faucet
• Rear window
• Built in safe (for valuables)
• 2 new LTD TV's, DVD/VCR player, CD player
• Solid oak cabinets, compartmented storage shelves
• 2-year old water heater gas/electric
• 1 (of two) new air conditioner
• Relatively new refrigerator/freezer
• Altimeter, outdoor thermometer, compass, voltage meter

Exterior:
• Awnings all around by Zip-Dee
• Newly painted front end
• Roof storage bin containing 2 spare tires with rims

Option:
2003 Jeep Liberty Limited (Red):
• Bluebook value is over $9,000 @ 85,000 miles
• Sterling tow-bar & Stowaway Shield
• "Back-road Package" with armored undercarriage
• Altimeter, trailer hitch
• Excellent condition

Click Here: 9 Page Color Brochure for the 1992 Breakaway - PDF: 1,710KB

Very Spacious Floorplan 30BS-6B

Posts: 2 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Member Since: 11-19-2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The ad looks GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Work !!!!!!!!

What talent

Love Chuck

Posts: 1 | Location: 0 | Member Since: 11-19-2010Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Helen & Chuck, Great job with the listing of this ad - This is one of the best that I've seen.

I found this additional image in our upload site.

It appears to be an externally mounted fresh air intake pipe and cap. Have you installed a larger aircleaner or done any other intake modifications to your coach you wish to share?

In talking to several other Breakaway owners, I have found that most complain about the small sized aircleaner and that it plugs up easily. Did this mod taken care of that issue?

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Bill -
Thanks for your input regarding the air intake on our Barth Breakaway. It was installed in Alaska and made traveling anywhere on dusty gravel roads possible. The air filter is larger, and the air intake is at the top and has a precipitater.

Posts: 2 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Member Since: 11-19-2010Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/08
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of Eric Herrle
posted Hide Post
Since I all ready own a 1992- 30' Front door Breakaway towing a Jeep Liberty Diesel I'm not really in the market...How ever. If some one out there wants mine I would buy this in a minute.

After owning 3 Barths this is the perfect rig.

Posts: 216 | Location: Kailua Kona, HI & E. Waterboro, ME | Member Since: 06-27-2001Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
I see that this was posted in Phoenix CL yesterday for 48K

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
DON'T WAIT ---
quote:
Dear Bill,

Please edit me post to read: SACRIFICE SALE! Going for $19,900! Available with Jeep Liberty at $9,000.

I have forgotten how to edit and I'm leaving town shortly. If you have any questions. Please call Helen or me.

Sincerely,

Dorothy Yale Larson

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
I have advised Dorothy and Helen and their agent that I am buying the Breakaway. The timing is a little off. I could have taken care of arrangements in person a couple weeks ago. At that time, I came back through AZ and NM and TX on my way from an auction in CA where I intended to buy a one owner, 33K mile, garaged Foretravel Grand Villa. I think we will find the Barth to be more maneuverable and fuel efficient than a very heavy CAT V8 powered 36'Foretravel on an Oshkosh chassis.
I doubt that Dr. and Mrs. Yale's has any problems for me to be concerned about.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Report This Post
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
This coach should be moved to the SOLD category, in as much as I now have it at home, ten miles from Michigan International Speedway, 2300 miles (indirectly) from where it was in Mesa.
had only minor episode and issues on the way. having just arrived late this evening, too tired to elaborate now.

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Congrats Mogan!

The first night on the road in your new rig is a moment you never forget. Can't wait to hear the stories of the trip home. Sleep well.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have just discovered the magical world of Barth mobiles, and I must say, this takes the cake. What a rig!!

Posts: 1 | Location: Costa Rica | Member Since: 08-25-2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks JungleBeam
It is a beautiful coach. I purchased it from Mogan David 2? years ago. Dr. Yale & his wife, the original owners, took amazingly good care of it. Did the 2000 mile return trip from Mich. to Wa. with out a problem. Have taken a few short trips since still no problems. Tooling Along
Cheers Ric

Posts: 77 | Location: Seattle, Wa | Member Since: 04-30-2012Report This Post