Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
IL. 1988 Regency 40'~ Factory Upgrade in 1997
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Admiral
posted
Hello fellow Barth owners and those that aspire to own one of these fantastic Motor Coaches.
I have a 1988 Barth 40 ft.Custom Regency for sale at a steal. Asking $23,000 for a motor coach with a fortune in recent updates. Ed Gilmore owned this Barth Regency with pictures he posted on this forum.
1 – Complete interior update in 1997 by Barth at a cost of $81,000
2 – 3208 Turbo 300 hp Cat Diesel replaced in 2004. Presently has
26,000 miles on the new engine.
3 – Murphy monitoring system.
4 – Complete exterior paint.
5 – New dash and instruments.
6 – Flat screen TV/DVD installed in front and 13 inch in the back
Bedroom.
7 – New tires in 2004
8 – Air suspension air bags.
I made some improvements in July of 2009. These update include
A – All four batteries replaced
B – Starter replaced
C – Alternator new in July
D – New Battery Isolation switches
E – Updated dump valves (Gray water isolated from fresh water dump)
F – Universal joints replaced.
G – Seat belt installed in sleeper sofa bench for the passenger.

This Custom Regency is loaded with all the extras that Barth owners are accustomed to, Corriann counter top, solid full maple cabinets through out. Dishwasher, central vac, washer/drier combo, laminate floor. Alcoa Aluminum wheels
Much more.

I have to sell this coach because of severe auto accident injury that keeps me down with a bad neck injury making it very uncomfortable to drive a car or motor coach because of limited head articulation.

Please feel freeto email or call with any questions you might have.
xxx-xxx-xxxx. If you leave a voice mail I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Posts: 12 | Location: Quad Cities USA, Illinois | Member Since: 09-11-2009Report This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Ya know how many times somebody has said "damn, how did I miss out on that one?" Well here's you're chance to redeem yourself.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
If I wanted a long Barth, I'd be there already.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Even though I sold the Barth because I'm no longer comfortable driving a big rig, I'm tempted; sorely tempted.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Report This Post
Picture of Admiral
posted Hide Post
olroy, I don't feel right about driving it in my emotional state either. I drove OTR for a while back in the 80s when there was no construction work, I am not afraid of big rigs. My neck injury keeps me from being as alert as I really should be. Some of my friends have suggested I buy a piece of land in Texas and set it up for a winter home there. My son wants me to take it to a local camp ground and set it there for our use. All the ideas are great but this coach belongs out on the road exploring this great country. I won't tie it down. It deserves to travel. It's too great a unit to retire prematurely. Tooling Along

Posts: 12 | Location: Quad Cities USA, Illinois | Member Since: 09-11-2009Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
I've searched all the back post on this rig but the pictures no longer come up. Is the back door functional? Could you post up more pictures? Do you have a diagram of the interior? Is this coach private or dealer owned? What city is the coach in?Thank you

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Report This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I hadn't even noticed the back door before now. Now I'm wondering, with the 81 thou interior upgrade, if this was a specialty vehicle at birth.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Report This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dustyjeeper:
Is the back door functional?

The door appears to be visible on one of the interior pictures, too.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've searched all the back post on this rig but the pictures no longer come up.
Here is a link to some active photos on our site.

http://barthmobile.com/eve/for...061/m/6141061712/p/1

Dave Bowers had a photobucket account that has images that are deleted. All other images seem to still work on the other members posts.

I also have his coach in our Barth CD.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
Picture of Admiral
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've searched all the back post on this rig but the pictures no longer come up. Is the back door functional? Could you post up more pictures? Do you have a diagram of the interior? Is this coach private or dealer owned? What city is the coach in?Thank you
This is a post that I found of Ed Gilmore describing the coach. The back door is functional. Ed tells me that he still has the electric step for the back entry door along with some other things that are for the coach. The coach is now located in Moline, Il. The coach is being offered by a private party. I personally own this fine coach. I will try to draw up a floor plan for the unit, I'm not an artist but I can get the general Idea up, I hope.
quote:
Originally posted by Bill G:
ED,

Could you list out the specifics on this coach and possibly post pictures of the unseen areas e.g. engine, storage compartments, and other views of the interior, etc.

This would help a lot of potential buyers get a better idea of the Barth's rework and current condition. This would likely improve the interest in your coach. Bill G
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Gilmore:
Bill if any one is interested they can email direct medgilmore@AOL.com

The interior was redone by barth in 1999,carpet,headliner,walls,counter top corian,dishwasher, furnaces,neo-angle shower, a/c's,refrig, mico-wave convection,blender, 2 burner elect counter top,all new in 1999 in2004 new paint stripped down to bare aluminum zinc chromate primer, ppg white, 3 colors, 3 coats of clear-----remanufactured Cat 3208 put in by Cat dealer---Complete new instrument panels, guages, ultra leather, new tires june 06---new air bags 06
I hope this answers some of your questions. I will try to draw up a floor plan and try to post it here.

First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Admiral:

I will try to draw up a floor plan and try to post it here.

FWIW...graph paper really helps when drawing floor plans of houses or RVs. I like the ones with quarter-inch squares.

Use a pencil first, so you can erase a lot. When you get it right, make the lines heavy with a fine marker and take a picture or scan it.

Picture of Admiral
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
I hadn't even noticed the back door before now. Now I'm wondering, with the 81 thou interior upgrade, if this was a specialty vehicle at birth.
This was originally a shuttle/sales bus for Caterpiller in Peoria, IL. The door is functional. The steps are covered over but can be opened up again.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
What kind of generator is on there? Is it 3way fridge?

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Report This Post
Picture of Admiral
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what the generater is. It's a 3 cylinder diesel. The mechanic in Wisconsen, Dells that did the U-joints said it was an onan. I don't know much about it, it has great power. The frig runs on battery, AC line power and propane. It has an ice maker. Built-in blender, built-in coffee maker and convection/micro wave. CB radio, remote rear facing camera W/moniter.

First Month Member
posted Hide Post
Onan used three cylinder Kubota engines in their Onan 7.5 or 8.0 gensets.