Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
1990 Barth Regency 34 Foot $35,000
 Login now/Join our community

posted Hide Post
I appreciate the concern that has been expressed. It is true that this coach has been sitting for a long time. It is in showroom pristine condition on the outside and inside,and all the mechanical, electrical, propane, etc., issues are being addressed and will be corrected, if necessary, by reputable repair services. I know everyone here loves the Barth units and I am very grateful for those of you who have been so very helpful and supportive.
Actually, if it wasn't that my husband has a very nice 36 foot Airstream Diesel Pusher unit and we both feel two units are unnecessary, we would certainly want to keep the Barth. We are newlyweds and he has been involved with WBCCI for Airstream clubs for over 40 years. He is a very experienced traveler and has traveled at least 20,000 miles each year for several years. It seems, like Barth, Airstream owners are very proud of their units and stick together.
My Barth was purchased shortly before my previous husband started having health issues, and we never got to use it. Thanks again, for your advice, and I would appreciate any support you might want to give.

Posts: 26 | Location: Bass Lake, CA | Member Since: 06-28-2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
y

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
Picture of Tool Man T
posted Hide Post
Carol,
I just wanted to say that (given the photos) I think you have one of the loveliest coaches I have seen for sale on this community site.
If I were a potential buyer, I would have contacted you in person and raised any questions I had as to your asking price, condition and age of tires, chassis condition, engine condition, and so forth.
I fully understand NADA price guides and feel that they have a place in the negotiations process between a potential buyer and seller, and only between the the two. If a potential buyer has any reservations regarding any statements made by the seller, it is up to the potential buyer to use due diligence in having things checked out to their satisfaction.
You clearly stated that your coach had sat in storage for a long time and were not evasive at all about that point. The onus is clearly on the potential purchaser as to any ("certifications as to condition") of the coach they wish to have. "Caveat emptor". The thing I would ask those that are long on opinion is - Show Me The Money -....
I wish you the best of luck selling your coach.

Joel Taylor

Posts: 164 | Location: South Carolina | Member Since: 05-12-2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
To Tool Man:
I want to thank you for the honest and straight-forward input you gave us regarding the sale of our Barth. We would certainly not consider selling anyone this coach without revealing everything we know about it. As I am writing this reply, the coach is in a shop close to home, having all it's systems checked out and serviced. Since we picked it up from storage, it has only been driven roughly 200 miles. I had my son put new tires on it and new batteries in it two days before we picked it up a week ago. It was also checked out for road worthiness and safety before we left for home in Bass Lake.

Carol and Don

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
NADA and other "pricing" services fall apart when valuing coaches that are members of a very small pool. Regency 34's are uncommon, and even moreso with the Gillig chassis and rear Queen bed. New tires and batteries ring up $3K+ in recent maintenance.

Pricing will be the province of an interested buyer, who would be expected to run tests of his/her own. Any buyer of a used coach can expect the unexpected - expenses that arise later.

So let's leave that issue to anyone interested in buying this coach. It has pluses and it has minuses - as does any preowned RV. No matter what, it's still a Barth. deadhorse

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/10
Picture of bud@YXY
posted Hide Post
When we purchased our 93 Breakaway,six years ago, it had sat unused for 5ish (+/-) years (was never clear how many for sure). As I had heard that there could be issues I was concerned. However the PO undertook to service the coach and got it running (was not running when we initially looked at it). And in subsequent servicing we had a few potential problems resolved with seal replacements and such. The outcome for us has been a fantastic coach! I am confident that with the good efforts of the current owner and due diligence of the future one there can be another beautiful Barth being enjoyed.

1993 Breakaway 36ft & 1977 20 ft
Spartan: air ride and brakes & P32(?)
Cummins: 8.3 litre 250hp, PACBrake
Allison 3060 (6 spd)
Front entry, side hallway
7.5 kw diesel gen.
1999 2dr Tracker 4X4 5spd, SMI Braking system

Posts: 253 | Location: Yukon--Arizona and around | Member Since: 06-09-2006Report This Post
Picture of Tool Man T
posted Hide Post
quote:
So let's leave that issue to anyone interested in buying this coach.

Yes, let's do.

Joel Taylor

Posts: 164 | Location: South Carolina | Member Since: 05-12-2012Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Carol, both your Airstream and your Barth are EXCEPTIONAL motor homes. As you know, you can still get factory service on the Airstream in Ohio.
I am aware of the cult-like following Airstream enjoys. I owned a vintage 16' "bubble" (smaller than Bambi).
I saw vintage Airstream motorhomes having body work done at the factory, when I toured it last year. Ironically the resale market for the Airstream is probably MUCH stronger than for the Barth. The Barth is lesser-known and under-appreciated by all but a very few RV buyers.
Good luck.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much for your input. My husband says you obviously have good taste since you like the Barth and the Airstream. I know this price is high for it's age, but I'm hoping I can convince an interested buyer into comparing the value of the Barth and the way it was built with other coaches that might be newer but the same price. I get a lot of questions from people who see this coach and I always tell them to go online and look up Barth and find out more about it. I have actually already got a couple of people showing interest.

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Good luck with your sale! Barth coaches are so variable there really is no standard value. Ages range over a 30 year period, size, type of engine, amount of use, type of storage, etc.

Your coach looks to be in top shape. An educated buyer will know what it is worth. It is beautiful and will give years of service. Keep us posted on this beauty. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Report This Post
Picture of Tool Man T
posted Hide Post
Hi Carol,
Would you please enlighten us as to what the metal work above the tail lights is, and what it's purpose is?
Thanks

Joel Taylor

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tool Man T:
Hi Carol,
Would you please enlighten us as to what the metal work above the tail lights is, and what it's purpose is?
Thanks

I think they are added shields/deflectors for combustion air intakes

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Report This Post