Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Mimi Myers Barth is going to be forsale
 Login now/Join our community

posted Hide Post
Replaced uppper and lower on driver's side. Had the work done at Les Schwabs, mechanic said right side was good and no need to replace. I dont have a history of other front end work....had all wheel bearing packed, and brakes all around are new.

Posts: 6 | Location: Eugene, Oregon | Member Since: 02-20-2006Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Good idea for all 70 and 80 era coaches to not forget the wheel bearing. I had one go out in Marathon, Ontario.. Not the best place for this to happy. Had to sled dog bearings in from Thunder Bay. Then of course, this mechanic who did not own a T-shirt that covered the radius of his belly over charges me by a couple hundred CDN but whataya gonna do.

Crap a huge spider just ran across my desk...Minnesota and bugss.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Report This Post
Picture of ryegal
posted Hide Post
Oregonbob and wife welcome to Barths it is a love affair with them. Glad all turned out well sure does look like a nice coach! When I go into camp grounds people come over and say what is it?? or a Barth thats a good coach. Grandson and I just came back from a rvnet rally in Clarkston wa. there were lot of fine coaches I was between 2 40 footers. ( felt like a dwarf in my 21 ft) but several people asked about my Barth and I always get people to ask me if I want to sell it. Nope not for sale. enjoy I live in seattle if you get this way

Proud owner of a 1975 classic class C

Posts: 94 | Location: Seattle,wa,usa | Member Since: 12-31-2004Report This Post
FKA: PL77
posted Hide Post
quote:
I had one go out in Marathon, Ontario.. Not the best place for this to happy. Had to sled dog bearings in from Thunder Bay. Then of course, this mechanic who did not own a T-shirt that covered the radius of his belly over charges me by a couple hundred CDN but whataya gonna do.

The only thing wose than breaking down in Marathon would be halfway between Whitehorse and Anchorage. You're lucky to have found a mechanic. I usually can't even find gas in that town! I swear the last station closes at 3:30PM.

At least that didn't happen to you recently, when the Canadian $ is closing in on par with USD. I'm sure you had the $200 CDN rattling around in your ashtray Smiler