Notify
Tools
Mimi Myers Barth is going to be forsale
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted
When Mimi bought her coach, 1984 (really a 1985) 30 foot Regal. It was owned by the original owner who was a long time Barth Ranger who kept this baby indoors and protected. Mimi is a single lady who up and quit her job, bought the coach and started making me jealous by sending me emails from all over the western US. The death valley emails in January were especially appreciated. I have not seen this coach but I have a feeling it is exquisite. And, with a brand new engine.\

[color:RED]Model: 29-FP2Model: 29-FP2
Blueprints dated: 27 October 84

Priced to sell! New 454 Chevy dealer-installed gas engine on 4/30/05 at 153,647 miles; warranty good 3 yr/100,000 miles -- current miles 157,851

Replaced starter & oil pan; lifetime warranty from Chevy dealer Installed headers, heat shield, fan clutch, high heat wiring Replaced distributor, module, coil, rotor; new house batteries (2) and engine battery; new front tires (rear in good condition) Replaced ignition module/clean and service front furnace
Features: front/rear air bags; HWH levelers; Gear Vendors under/overdrive; rear camera; Onan 5.0kW generator (serviced & tuned)
Interior: Green & blue color scheme; oak woodwork & cabinets all around; 2 closets; rear full bed; fully lined curtains; dual shades (sheer & privacy/darkening); coach into bed; front & rear furnace; Dometic roof air conditioner; double sink; convection/microwave oven; large fridge; CB radio; radio & CD player; TV & video; roof vents & fans

Exterior: 50 amp service; main awning & 2 window awnings Records, receipts, coach manual & blueprints Many added features $14,000

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Any info for this coach, ie. specs / equipment summary? Miles on coach?
Thanks
Squeak

Posts: 1 | Location: Ridgeland, SC to McDonough, GA | Member Since: 02-24-2006Report This Post
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
$14K brand new engine and headers and is a ridiculously good buy

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Love that coach. I am presently looking to buy a Barth and this would fit the bill very nicely. Would love to come and see it, Will probably drive away with it. Please call me at 250-629-3721. My name is Andrea

posted Hide Post
I tried phoning Mimi but no reply. I have fallen in love with your Barth Mimi. Could you please call or e-mail me when you get a chance so I can make arrangements to get down to Az as soon as possible. Thank you very much.
Sincerely...Andrea

Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Hi Andrea, I called Mimi just the other night. She always returns calls so here is what I think is the deal. A guy from Cal is coming this week end to see the coach and he has committed to the purchase unless there is something missing. I suspect that Mimi is waiting for this guy until the deal either goes through or not because of his level of interest.

I know someone else was really interested and she held back with him until after this weekend.

posted Hide Post
I just read the latest posting on the status of Mimi's fine looking Barth......I have it on very good authority that it has indeed been sold to a guy in Oregon.....she ( Ms.Barth ) should be making her way North within the week....and my wife and I are happy to officially join the Barth owners community.

Posts: 6 | Location: Eugene, Oregon | Member Since: 02-20-2006Report This Post
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Well mucho congratulations Bob and wife. I hope this coach brings you great adventures and great joy. I'll be sorry to miss Mimi's emails from Death Valley in the middle of winter, but hey, you folks will just have to take up the slack. You'll want to look up Olroy and Dave Broderson just a couple of the ton of North Westerners who are Barth oriented.

posted Hide Post
Well.....my wife and I drove to Kingman, Az. from Oregon to pick up our new Barth and start our years of adventuring. She looked great and seemed to run ok, so after about 3 hours of intro and going over systems with Mimi (the previous owner) we headed to Laughlin to boondock for the evening. All went very well. Our neighbor (George) on the hill has spent the last 8 years or so boondocking in Laughlin from mid Oct to mid April. His 22ft Barth is a nice looking rig. The next morning we headed to Las Vegas. The climb north out of Laughlin is a good one, and about 3 miles south of Searchlight, Nevada a valve spring broke, the valve dropped and we lost a piston. ( course I didnt know this at the time, the noise was, well, pretty loud !!) The smokescreen was tremendous, and my wife following behind lost sight of our Barth in the black cloud. Got her pulled off the busy highway onto a powerline access road and within minutes we had a Nevada highway guy stop and offer assistance. Within 10 minutes or so, we had 3 emergency rigs looking for the motorhome fire that had been reported. Quite a sight it must have been. I told all the help that we were fine, they left and I called Good Sam emergency road service for a tow. I cant say enough good stuff about Good Sam. I had signed up with Good Sam only 4 days prior to our incident, and they were fantastic....we had a wrecker within 90 minutes, and our Barth was on the hook and headed back to Kingman within the next hour. ( about 80 miles ) The Chevy dealer in Kingman had installed the new Goodwrench 454 just 11 months and 4000 miles earlier. They are replacing the long block under Goodwrench warranty with no charge to us. Very nice folks at Findlay Auto Group in Kingman, we arrived at 6 PM on Friday, service dept. had closed, but the folks still there couldnt have been more accomodating to us. Our Barth should be ready for the road by the end of next week, and we are anxious to head back south and start our journey again. We are more than pleased with the condition of Ms. Barth, and again, kudos several times over to Good Sam and the Findlay Auto Group. Hope this isnt to long of a diatribe, will add the final installment when we finally get her home. B

The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Two things turned what might have been a terrible misadventure into just a big inconvenience - the quality of Good Sam road service, and an engine company that honored its warranty.

I had a similar experience with Good Sam road service in about the same length of time years ago. Blew the tranny on a FWD GMC m.h. at the crest of Pacheco Pass, coasted several miles downhill to find a phone. It took more than 90 minutes for the tow to get there, but the service was good.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Report This Post
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Hey Bob, this is one time when an unfortunate occurance gives us a change to be thankful about the result. Our engine blew 8 miles from the dealer, our new GW crate has about 12K miles on it and running smooth. That baby will suck up oil like a sponge for the first few thousand miles and then it should stop to a drop.

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OregonBob:
Our Barth should be ready for the road by the end of next week, and we are anxious to head back south and start our journey again. We are more than pleased with the condition of Ms. Barth, and again, kudos several times over to Good Sam and the Findlay Auto Group. B

FrownerSad to hear the problems... glad to hear about the outstanding service you received! Cool

Good luck to you!

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We made it home ! Picked up the Barth in Kingman on April 28. ( with the new block/heads installed ) Stopped in Vegas and stayed a couple days at Sam's Town. Had the breakin oil changed at Camping World and of course picked up a few necessities....Spent an extra day in Reno to have ball joints replaced and bought new tires. Drives much better now, and finished the trip without major incident. Course there are some small things to yet take care of, but what else to do with my spare time? Will be looking over past posts for answers to some of my questions. We are happy with the new Barth, and glad to be home. Hey Bill N.Y. ......had your phone number with me just in case I had a question if problems in the desert.....

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
What a great ending. If only there were more reputable and honest people out there. I'm glad there was a happy ending.
quote:
Hey Bill N.Y. ......had your phone number with me just in case I had a question if problems in the desert.....
Cool Call anytime!!! No need to wait till a breakdown. If you only call when your broken down, I'll just think your using me. You'll just cheapen the experience! Big Grin I'll just feel, well, you know, dirty! Wink

Ps. I'm just messing with ya. Note the smiles. Bill N.Y.

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Spent an extra day in Reno to have ball joints replaced.

Out of curiousity, were they upper or lower ball joints?

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post