Tools
1990 Barth Regency 36' Luxury Coach 36RDG-C1
 Login now/Join our community

posted

Posts: 9 | Location: Georgetown,Ky | Member Since: 04-14-2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello David-

Your picture only partially loads.

1. What kind of mpg do you get with this coach?

2. Does this have air ride?

3. Solar panels and battery bank?

4. Satellite for Internet access?

5. Thermal pane windows?

6. Asking price?

Thanks!

Rick

Posts: 23 | Location: Sunny, Rural Pace, FL across Escambia Bay from Pensacola | Member Since: 12-05-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
It looks like it has been listed on Rvonline where you can find some more details and pictures. The price listed there is $55k.
1990 Barth 36RDG _C1 Diesel Pusher

Posts: 2 | Location: NJ | Member Since: 04-10-2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks - I checked that out - nice looking coach. Is $55,000 a bit high for a 90?

Anyone care to share your educated opinion as to how I can evaluate how much a coach is worth?

I like that it was garaged and didn't sit outside in the winter snow and summer sun. It appears to be in pristine condition. Its the size I'm looking for but I think I can find a very nice Barth for around $30,000 to $35,000.

There was one in the Pensacola area in that price range a few months ago.

Those of you who are seriously looking - how much would you pay for this one if it is actually as good as it looks?

Rick

Rick

Posts: 23 | Location: Sunny, Rural Pace, FL across Escambia Bay from Pensacola | Member Since: 12-05-2003Report This Post
Picture of Gunner
posted Hide Post

I am always surprised to see this question, apparently as a legitimate query.
1) How do you know the seller is giving you the correct answer? You won't know until you drive it.
2) Surely you have a good idea of what the mpg is. Why ask?
3) Is mpg (on this coach, at least) really a factor in your purchase?
Finally: $55K sounds like a good price to me. Where, and for how much, are you going to get something equal to it? I theorize: really nice coaches plateau in price after 10-15 years of age. Perhaps this is an example of my theory? Also: Some of us (me???) are still thinking in 1965 dollars.

"You are what you drive" - Clint Eastwood

Posts: 474 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 12-31-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Hi David, nice coach. I hope you don't mind the modifications to your post. I almost never modify someones post however, since the image didn't load and I had some time on my hands I thought I would update it a little.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Its the size I'm looking for but I think I can find a very nice Barth for around $30,000 to $35,000.

There was one in the Pensacola area in that price range a few months ago.

Rick

The one posted here near Pensacola (32' Breakaway for $29K) was sold two days before I was to look at it. It's not unreasonable to hope for a '90s Breakway in the price range, but the Regency is a whole 'nuther animal.

I have the hard copy NADA book, and it shows ~$36K trade, ~$49K avg retail, before extras. The online NADA sez ~$43.5 low ~$52.5 high, extras included. Neither shows the L10 engine nor the extra heavy-duty chassis, which should add a couple of kilobucks.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Barthbus:
Hello David-

Your picture only partially loads.

2. Does this have air ride?

3. Solar panels and battery bank?

4. Satellite for Internet access?

5. Thermal pane windows?

6. Asking price?

Thanks!

Rick

Posts: 9 | Location: Georgetown,Ky | Member Since: 04-14-2006Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
Neither shows the L10 engine nor the extra heavy-duty chassis, which should add a couple of kilobucks.
Not that anyone asked... The L10 motors are a great motor. This is a lot better then the 8.3L cummins, which is a fantastic motor. I wouldn't say an extra 5k worth but still a VERY BIG plus!

I'm only talking about the motor!

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
FKA: PL77
posted Hide Post
I didn't know Cat made an L10.

/smart-ass

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by playerslight77:
I didn't know Cat made an L10.

Nope, an L10 is a Cummins motor .... Cat has the 3208, 3116, 3176 & 3126 motors. I was responding to Rusty's post. I now see this says it's a 300hp Kitty Cat.

I don't like seeing just hp ratings. I would rather see 3116, 3126, 3176 or 3208 with the hp ratings. You could get most of these motors rated @ 300hp.

So then, which Cat motor is it?

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Indeed, I agree. What's your experience with the 3176, Billh? I haven't driven one of them before, but they appear to be a big-block, so I'm curious how reliable and powerful they really were.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
On a Gillig chassis the engine is almost certainly a 3208T. A 300 would be surprising, most of the 1990's were 275 hp I think. I was surprised to find that most of the ,87, 88, 89 coaches had 250 hp CAT's. My CAT guru at Ziegler here in Minneapolis says that the T was a special engine for rv's and some new monster generators the Army used in the 80's.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by playerslight77:
What's your experience with the 3176, Billh?

Maybe you mean one of the other Bills. I have no diesel experience and very little knowledge.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Whoops, you're right, I meant BillNY. Sorry Billh.

Stupid Monday Mornings.