Notify
Tools
1990 Barth Regal 28B Motorhome $18,500
 Login now/Join our community

posted
URL] here
Only 65,400 miles & Road-trip ready
Chevy 454 Gas/Automatic Drivetrain

Contact Andy at endure@endurance-enterprises.com endure@endurance-enterprises.com or 406-581-6450 Located in Ketchum, Idaho.

More images here on 1990 Barth Regal 28B

This Barth took our family on 7500 mile road trip 2 summer’s ago and is turn-key ready to do it all over again. This deluxe rig cost over $100,000 in 1990. Barth was a top end road coach builder and made their “All-Aluminum” high end rigs in Milford, Indiana. Barths are uniquely constructed using jet aircraft construction techniques with lightweight and durable All-aluminum frame and sheet-work. Riveted together with 2120 Rivets and mounted on Heavy Welded Steel Chassis. The construction technique “Makes Barth ride smoother, quieter and more precise than any other coach”. This Barth is nearly as easy to drive as a Chevy Suburban with great visibility and road handling skills. Barth’s are rare and this rig is in good shape and makes everyone look twice and want a tour.

4 single beds
1 King bed (2 living room sofas fold together to make nice king bed)
2 deluxe Captain’s chairs
4 burner gas stove-top
Large updated 2 way Dometic refrigerator
2 kitchen sinks
New water heater
Updated water system
LPG Leak detector with safety valve
New Gas Valve
Full bathroom with tub & shower/toilet/sink and closet.
Onan Emerald 3 Genset
50 amp shore line
2 new Coach Batteries
1 new Chasses battery
TV/DVD
AC
Furnace
Wood Floors
Flat floor interior passageway.
Full Gauges
Nice cabinets
Front windshield draperies
Full interior lighting
Exterior lighting
Full awnings
Rack for Spacecases on top
~ 10 MPG
Original Barth schematics and planes
28 ft long, 9 ft wide 10.5 ft tall
$3000 service just completed
1990 Barth Regal 28B

Posts: 2 | Location: 1 | Member Since: 05-13-2012Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
"Location 1"
must be top secret, especially if that is where they hide the Barth "planes". Cool
and to think I was the one who poo poo'd "jet aircraft construction' hmm

Otherwise, can't remember seeing a Regal bunkhouse.
As always, the rear window gets extra points from me. a really nice gasser.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The location is Ketchum, Idaho. The jet aircraft construction comes from the Barth Catalog.

quote:
Originally posted by Mogan David:
"Location 1"
must be top secret, especially if that is where they hide the Barth "planes". Cool
and to think I was the one who poo poo'd "jet aircraft construction' hmm

Otherwise, can't remember seeing a Regal bunkhouse.
As always, the rear window gets extra points from me. a really nice gasser.

Posts: 2 | Location: 1 | Member Since: 05-13-2012Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/16
Picture of Quinn
posted Hide Post
My family just bought this coach from Andy in Idaho. We got it back home day before yesterday with no significant issues. We are really excited about our new purchase.

Here we are in Idaho:

And the coach out front at home:

I am looking forward to becoming a member of what seems like a great community here!

We may even make the Pacific Northwest GTG in Oct one of our first real trips!

Posts: 235 | Location: San Leandro, California | Member Since: 08-06-2014Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, looks like a happy crew cheers

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Congrats. Great looking family. I thought this one had good bones.
J

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Report This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
What a great way to spend time with your family. I remember 4 kids in a station wagon, National Lampoon style, Dad driving one-handed and swatting us in the back seat! (Are we there yet? I want the window seat. I have to pee. Mom, make him stop touching me. Can I sit in the front? I'm carsick, I'm gonna throw up...) ROTFLMAO

I think the Barth will be more fun, hopefully with lots of good memories for all. Good luck! Keep us informed, we all love living vicariously through others' Barth trips! Thumbs Up

Lots of good info and help here on the site. Don't hesitate to ask questions.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5163 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Report This Post
Picture of Quinn
posted Hide Post
Oh, I will have TONS of questions. Should I post here on this thread or over in Tech Talk?

Posts: 235 | Location: San Leandro, California | Member Since: 08-06-2014Report This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Tech talk is good for engines, equipment, etc and General Discussions is good for most anything else, ie destinations, operational questions, preferred equipment, whatever.

Use the Search feature if you have a topic in mind, it may have been discussed at length before.

It is most helpful if the questions include equipment type and description of symptoms, ie "My Kohler propane generator model# runs rough when warm and operating under light load." rather than "My generator runs rough, any suggestions?"

(The better the question, the better chance of getting a really good answer.)

Good luck with your coach. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Forums! If you update your signature to include the year, length, and model of your Barth, you'll get quicker responses.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
Picture of Quinn
posted Hide Post
I have updated my coach info in my profile, but the page says "You do not have permission to use signatures." Who do I contact to get that permission enabled?

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Probably after a few more postings you will get more power. There are limits to what you can do for a while to discourage hit and run spammer types. After 5 or 10 posts you should be able get more done. If nothing happens you could PM to site moderator Bill NY (he's been really busy lately) Rusty may be able to help, he also has some site control.

Good luck, keep 'em rolling!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
It still should be 10 posts.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post