Notify
Tools
1998 Monarch 38 ft
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Thanks Carl. Hope to see you folks again this winter if possible. Leaving around Feb 1 heading for the Keys by March 1. Maybe swing thru Texas then around the gulf then head south.

Can't wait to drive this thing! So many nice systems, TONS of basement storage.

Have Barth(s) will travel

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5157 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/11
Picture of Tom Loughney
posted Hide Post
In the spirit of full disclosure I had the deposit in my pocket and if Steve had not passed inspection I would have just continued on my way, they are good folk. I had second and third thoughts about selling but it was time. Enjoyed the heck out of the Barth adventure and this group has been great with me. Thanks everybody, I will pop I now and again, one bucket list item is to RV all around New Zealand and now barthless I can do it with a clear mind.

Tom Loughney
Barthless....

Posts: 202 | Location: Thailand  | Member Since: 03-31-2008Report This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Having a ball looking over the coach. Tom left us all kinds of good stuff, Liz is going through it all now.

I have only one minor regret, it would have been nice to spend more time with Tom. A fine gentleman with a wealth of experience, we could talk for days and not get bored.

I could tell he was sentimental about the coach, I can see why. He had lots of good memories I am sure. We were fortunate to catch him at the right time to make the sale. We are really pumped to get on the road soon and drive EVERYWHERE!

Thanks again, Tom for the delivery and easy sale. Please visit again if ever possible. You are always welcome wherever we are. (Never know we may need a guide someday if we get to Thailand!)

Photos will follow soon!

Have Barth(s), will travel

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Enjoy cheers

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/10
Picture of bud@YXY
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Steve!
I am sure you will love the 8.3 pusher variety of Barth

Bud

1993 Breakaway 36ft & 1977 20 ft
Spartan: air ride and brakes & P32(?)
Cummins: 8.3 litre 250hp, PACBrake
Allison 3060 (6 spd)
Front entry, side hallway
7.5 kw diesel gen.
1999 2dr Tracker 4X4 5spd, SMI Braking system

Posts: 253 | Location: Yukon--Arizona and around | Member Since: 06-09-2006Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/18
Picture of crouch38
posted Hide Post
Congrats Steve. cheers
What a fine example of quality in Barth coaches . BEST wishes with the new coach .
Bob

Year:: 1986
Model:: Barth Regal
Length:: 25 ft
Engine:: New Chevy 454 HO
Chassis:: P-30
Data Tag Number:: 8606 3339 25FP2

Posts: 262 | Location: Wampum , Pa | Member Since: 02-12-2011Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/13
Picture of Tonka
posted Hide Post
Seriously cool!

Congratulations Steve and Liz and welcome to the world of Barth diesel pushers. We know you'll love your Monarch as much as we love Tonka. Smiler

Also congratulations on joining the Mary Ray Society. Although, with multiples of just about everything - homes, hangars, planes, boats and Barths you might be moving up in line for a little intervention/counseling . Big Grin

Also congratulations Tom for the successful completion of your 10 year Barth mission and all the fun times and wonderful memories you've experienced.

Wally Tooling Along

Posts: 249 | Location: Minnetonka, MN | Member Since: 01-30-2011Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Steve and Liz,

Congratulations on the addition!

Now you are going to be one of our DP Guru's.

Enjoy!

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1381 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Report This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tonka:
Seriously cool!

Also congratulations on joining the Mary Ray Society. Although, with multiples of just about everything - homes, hangars, planes, boats and Barths you might be moving up in line for a little intervention/counseling . Big Grin

Thanks Wally, we hope to see you again soon.

(Actually I have only one plane, haven't flown for a while, too busy with motorhomes!) But you are right, my "empire" is getting out of hand. In the spring I will sell the other hangar and maybe the plane as well.

Meanwhile I am shuffling the boat, 86 coach and plane into the new hangar.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/16
Picture of Quinn
posted Hide Post
Wow. Congrats Steve & Liz!

Being relatively new to Barthmobile, Steve's prolific posts and impressive knowledge have made him borderline mythical in my mind.

And now he's diesel! The Barth constellation has re-aligned.

89 28' Regal
Quad Bunks
P-30 454
8906-3623-28C-B

Posts: 235 | Location: San Leandro, California | Member Since: 08-06-2014Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Soon someone will spot a monolith...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/13
Picture of Tonka
posted Hide Post
We'd be up for a GTG at the monolith! Smiler

Thanks, Tooling Along
Wally

Posts: 249 | Location: Minnetonka, MN | Member Since: 01-30-2011Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
How wide is a widebody?

Topic Moved to Tech Talk for discussion.

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
posted Hide Post
Congrats Steve and Liz,

She is a super nice looking coach inside and out, a real beaut for sure. You'll definitely love the quite ride you get with the pusher. You just won't be able to win to many drag races like you could with your hotrod Barth. Like another Bather said the diesel doesn't accelerate it gathers momentum.

We hope to be able to see you guys at a get-together next year. We haven't had any opportunities this past year to much going on.

I'm sure you guys will really enjoy your new addition. You get to fill up with the big rigs and smell that diesel fuel, Yum!

Posts: 259 | Location: SouthWest MI | Member Since: 08-12-2011Report This Post