Search
Notify
Tools
1998 Monarch 38 ft
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/11
Picture of Tom Loughney
posted
Will be selling my RV. My 10 year plan is complete and time to move on. I still live in Thailand for those of you that follow me from time to time. Everything works, all A-ok. New whatever needed to be new TVs, Radio, Wallpaper, Carpet, shocks, tires, Batteries, stove, etc. Currently in NJ at 84RV, I will be picking it up in Early September and going to Florida via Michigan and Arkansas, getting there in mid-november. I have used it about 3 months each year driving about 4K miles/year, then putting it in storage till next year.

Anybody wanting a look let me know and if on the route I can swing by. I will be taking it to a Dealer in Ocala who will sell it for me (I bought it from him 10 years ago) but will sell first if I get a buyer.

The book price is $17K and I owe $30K so I am looking for something in between.

If it does not sell by next April I will just come back and do another trip.

Standard paint job like your picture of a Monarch in the Barth web site. Front entry, Queen bed, all the standard bells and stuff. Will be completely outfitted with sheets, towels, kitchen pans, plates, tools, etc. I can not take it back to Thailand. Also comes with a small 50 CC scooter and the rack on the back.

Tom Loughney
Barthless....

Posts: 202 | Location: Thailand  | Member Since: 03-31-2008Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I did an inspection on this when Tom planned to buy it. There were two issues (12VDC house supply) and some tires needing to be replaced. Otherwise, it was in excellent mechanical and cosmetic condition.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Loughney:
I still live in Thailand for those of you that follow me from time to time.
Based on Tom's data tag 9708 M0037 37MM 01 I've found the following 69 images of his coach. Please keep in mind that these images are several years old...

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Those look like the ones taken by the dealer. IIRC, the dealer had taken it as payment for an unrelated debt (not a repo).

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Deb & I have a 97 38' Monarch and love ours. The interior layout is different and we have Central Basement air but the body style is real close.
We have had a great time in ours and would recommend this model coach to anyone. It looks as it's been well taken care of but an inspection would be worth while. It's funny I say that because we bought ours over the phone. We did have a lot of pictures and have been very happy with our purchase.

Good luck on selling it and to the future lucky new owner Welcome to Barthmobile.com.

Ed & Deb

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Report This Post
Picture of Tom Loughney
posted Hide Post
The tvs are lcd, took out vcr and 300 watt amp, CB gone, carpet new, changed sheets. Otherwise the same.

Tom Loughney
Barthless....

Picture of L78steve
posted Hide Post
Stored indoors? Miles?

Posts: 194 | Location: Hendersonville NC | Member Since: 02-02-2016Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by L78steve:
Stored indoors? Miles?

quote:
Originally posted by Tom Lounghney:
I have used it about 3 months each year driving about 4K miles/year, then putting it in storage till next year.

Steve I could not see the mileage in any of the previous pictures, but I am sure Tom will alert the Barth members here of the approximate current mileage.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Report This Post
Picture of Tom Loughney
posted Hide Post
I think 88k miles, will check and post. Some years stored inside other years outside. I have stored it in 10 different locations depending on where I left it. This year stored at 84RV in NJ, outside.

Tom Loughney
Barthless....

Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
Is this coach considered a wide body? And... how old are the tires?

1990 32' Regency, Wide Body
Spartan Chassis, 8.3 CTA Cummins
4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fred & Cindy:

Fred, the front windows appear to indicate a wide body. The center window does appear to be an inch or two narrower than my wide body. hmm

Picture of L78steve
posted Hide Post
Tom I sent you a PM.

Posts: 194 | Location: Hendersonville NC | Member Since: 02-02-2016Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi do u still have coach or know who does is it for sale Evan 732-673-2284

Posts: 132 | Location: Ruskin flordia | Member Since: 08-06-2016Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Tom should be in the US if he is not already. He will be starting this trip. He does post and I am sure you will hear from him. His trip will end in Florida according to what I read on the forum here.

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin:
quote:
Originally posted by Fred & Cindy:

Fred, the front windows appear to indicate a wide body. The center window does appear to be an inch or two narrower than my wide body. hmm

IIRC, the widebody Monarchs were either 98" or 100", not the usual 102".

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke