Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
1978 Class C Motor Coach in Gig Harbor, WA
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Jim, do you have the Craigslist link available? Oh wait, it was originally sold for $11,500.
quote:
Originally posted by Good Times:
We were asking $11500 and got it. Very nice couple. I hope they enjoy it.

I was curious to see what improvements were made.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
None that I am aware of. The seller has not responded to my email yet. It does seem that there are some 'urgent' mechanical problems, at least that's what the ad says. Wonder what the sales tax is on motor homes in Seattle?

Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is copy for our members. I was leaving this up to Doug Smiley. Maybe his search engine is frozen in Canada.

This is a classic! We bought it from the original owners. This only has 29,000 original miles, and 2,000 miles on a new, more powerful engine. The engine was upgraded to give it more power going up hills. Interior is mostly pristine, in classic 70's colors and plaid.
Lots of add ons - solar, back up camera, satellite dish, TV, CB radio. This RV has been taken really care of, and was stored indoors before we bought it.

This is what it has inside:
Upper bed, dinette that turns into a bed, couch that turns into a bed, 4 burner stove, hood light and fan, oven, rear bath, full size refrigerator, freezer, lots of cabinets for storage, 2 fans on top, 42 pound built in LP tank, 35 gallon fresh water tank, 32 gallon black water tank, 36 gallon gas tank, auxiliary gas tank, 6 gallon hot water tank, newer AC unit, dual tires in back (we had valve stem extensions put on the tires to make the inside ones easier to fill). The tires are in great condition. The GVR is 10,000

It's got some problems, as any 40 year old RV will. Got a pesky leak in the roof. The previous owners had the roof sealed, but possible didn't seal well enough around the things installed on the roof. Anyway, we keep a tarp over it for now. Needs some mechanical work - some urgent, some that can be done over time. Had a trustworthy mechanic evaluate it and have all the paperwork.

After much thought, we decided we would rather stick with having a trailer, not an RV. This RV needs someone to LOVE and give it LOVE. Someone handy, who enjoys fixing this or that. Someone who delights in restoring unique mechanical wonders into a usable, trusty companion.

We are selling it AS IS. Will disclose everything we know about it, and everything we received from the original owners. We'd love for her to go into some really caring hands. We truly love her, but between our tight parking situation and decision to stick with a trailer, we need to find a loving home.

We are selling her for $13,500, non-negotiable. We are not making any money on this sale.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Kevin, can we move this back to the Barth Sightings Forum? FYI, sales tax would have amounted to 9.9% or $1138 on a sales price of $11500 which the original owner reported as what they sold it for. Perhaps the new owner put some additional money in it for repairs. Again, I have emailed the owner and asked questions but have had no response.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and Tere:
Kevin, can we move this back to the Barth Sightings Forum? Jim

Jim you can start a new sightings or wait for Doug to post it in sightings. I can link it and so can you to this sold forum for our members convenience. I thought Doug posted the first time around, but my search did not turn up anything.

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
Barth Sightings---

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...323989097#3323989097

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
New price here.