Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
1978 Class C Motor Coach in Gig Harbor, WA
 Login now/Join our community

posted

Posts: 4 | Location: Univeristy Place, WA | Member Since: 09-28-2017Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Hey there good times is this your Barth or something you just saw on Craigslist?
If this is your rig and you are posting as a member please follow with the additional information outlined on this page for a quick sale.
If you just happened to see it, a moderator will move the posting to Barth Sightings.
Please let our members know either way.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hello-
My apologies, I am new to this. The Barth is mine. It is for sale.

Data Tag info:
Vin # S780323822M22FP-1

Direct Contact info:
jenaecharboneau@gmail.com

Posts: 4 | Location: Univeristy Place, WA | Member Since: 09-28-2017Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your contact information and Data Tag number. I will post the data tag from craigslist as soon as our Superman host Bill NY has created a folder for this Barth. The data tag list helps us understand more about our Barthmobiles.
By the way that class C really looks sharp in the pictures. Are the pictures recent?

posted Hide Post
This copy and paste includes the phone number.

1978 Barth Motor Coach
Class C

Good Working Condition with Original Interior.
This has been a well cared for Motor Coach and has been a part of the family since new-
Always in dry storage.

New Replacements:
Engine (2016) 420 Horsepower 383 Stoker (2,000-Miles on New Engine)
Cab A/C compressor blows ice cold
40 Gallon Fresh Water Tank and Pump
4000 watt Onan Generator
New Toilet in 2016

Additions include:
24" T.V
Wineguard DirecTV automatic satellite dish
UHF Two-way Radio
1800 Watt Inverter
Solar Panels mounted on the Roof top
Dual Fuel tanks installed many years ago

For further info- please contact 253-225-5491

posted Hide Post
quote:
Engine (2016) 420 Horsepower 383 Stoker (2,000-Miles on New Engine)
I was reading a bit about the 383. It appears that is a new computerized motor. Is that correct? Personally I like the old mechanical engines better. It does appear to be a nice upgrade anyway.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
This may be the fastest Barth ever, especially off the line. Thumbs Up

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Report This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
383 is basically a stroked 350. GM factory did the same thing with the 400 small block motor. The gear heads love the 383s and they are also used in a lot of the Everglades type airboats.

You can get them all the way from old fashioned 4 bbl carb to supercharged fuel injected monsters. Mostly a matter of choosing compression ratio, camshaft, ignition and induction systems and exhaust to fit the user's needs. Lots of choices. Long live Chevy small blocks... Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and Tere:
This may be the fastest Barth ever, especially off the line. Thumbs Up

Barths are not built for speed. Just built for leisure trips. Most Barthmobiles are not aerodynamic. Not saying you cannot drive your Barth fast though. It just costs more to drive faster.
Thanks for the update Steve VW. I was thinking of the old 383 Chrysler motors when I saw 383. Personally would rather have your Big Block Chevy Engine. There is no replacement for displacement.
We would all like to see more information about this Class C Barth. I copied a few pictures from the ad. They are all Blurry though. I will try again. Superman Bill NY was happy to get the data tag for our data tag list.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the interest. The Barth has been sold.

Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Would you mind letting us know how much you were able to get? It certainly looks like a nice Barth.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We were asking $11500 and got it. Very nice couple. I hope they enjoy it.

Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much. From what I saw, your Barth was unique--not only in good original condition, but actually better than new with all the upgrades you had done. I have a 1974 Class C that I hope will be worth what yours was when I'm finished with it. It gives those of us who invest a lot of time and money in our Barths, reason to hope that we might receive at least part of our investment back when it is time to pass it on to someone else.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Kevin, has a folder been created for this Barth? If so, I think it would be important to put the original pictures in the folder so that it becomes part of the Barth history. This was a unique Barth--in one family all of it's life. It was a real beauty.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Well, it didn't stay with the new owners very long. It is back on Craig's list with a $13500 price. The ad says there are some roof leak issues and some 'urgent' mechanical issues. I've sent an email to the new owner(s) and asked what the 'urgent' problems are.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B