Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
93 34' Breakaway Going up for sale
 Login now/Join our community

posted

I'm going to be listing this on eBay in September uless a Barth member would like to buy it first. I am going to set a reserve at $55K but will sell it to a Barth member for less since Tim did the same for me. I'll send Dave pictures as soon as I get to my broadband connection at home. Here's the scoop.
I purchased Tim House’s 1993 34’ Breakaway because I needed a luxury unit to satisfy my wife since I wasn’t letting her stay in one of our Lake Michigan cottages which we rent out during the summer. (A long story but you guys would probably understand) So Tim’s beautiful unit is now going up for sale again as soon as our daughters wedding is over on September 4. I think Tim was the second owner and a member of the Barthmobile forum. He did many improvements to the unit before I purchased it including:
Replacing the backup camera (Sony with backup alarm and sound)
Replaced Satellite Antenna
Repaired the TV Antenna
Cleaned and recoated roof
Rebuilt the front 2 step KWIKEE automatic electric step
Replaced engine oil drain valve
Changed all belts and thermostat
Flushed and filled coolant, brake, and transmission fluids
Replaced: rear main seal, alternator, rear axel lube, air filter and filter housing, spark plugs, Pac Brake cylinder and control, front and rear break pads, calipers and hoses, oil pan gasket, water shutoff valve to heater, vacuum pump, belt tensioner and injectors (310HP stage II), exhaust manifold and gasket
Repaired AC line and replaced compressor, dryer, expansion valve, relay and converted to I34
Installed Solartech Tint to the windows all around
New Bilstein shocks
New china Sealand Tiolet
New 30’ 50AMP cord with side mount hookup (no need to try and feed through small opening in compartment )
New main awning including fabric roller assembly
All receipts to support above

If anything didn’t work Tim fixed it except I fixed the cables on both the driver and passenger seats that release them to swivel. Tim never used them and didn’t know they were disconnected. There was originally a computer desk in the main cabin that Tim replaced with a very comfortable easy chair. This has left a few screw holes that are behind the chair. There is also a phone and TV cable in a storage cabinet above that chair that I think the original owner might have added to facilitate internet access at the computer desk or something of that nature. There are electric outlets everywhere! Above the headboard of the bed there is a very convenient generator on and off switch so you can start or stop the generator without getting out of bed. Very convenient when you’re too hot or too cold and want to control electrical output to the air. The generator has just over 200 hours and runs on propane.

This coach is in unbelievable condition both inside and out. With everything that has been done to it is as like new both physically and mechanically as you could possible hope for. It is a great coach for traveling and for stationary living. I’ve been living in it for over 2 months and just love it. I’m 6’3” by the way and have only hit my head on the compartment over the back bed when I was first getting use to it since the headboard is under the upper compartments. The windshields are completely clear with no chips or cracks. I think Tim replaced both of them but can’t find the receipts. The exterior would be completely flawless if it wasn’t for a few small blisters on some of the storage doors caused by moisture getting between the inside insulation and the aluminum exterior skin, plus a very minor scratch in one of the storage doors that is barely noticeable. I did that trying to get it in my tight fit quarters which is a whole other story. Otherwise the exterior looks like new. The interior is the same with the exception of the screw holes mentioned above. The floor in the kitchen and bath is solid oak (Tim said he was going to have it refinished but I’m not sure why) and the remainder is beige carpet that has just been cleaned and looks perfect. I drove the coach from Florida to Michigan (averaging over 11 MPG) with a few side trips and I can tell you this coach handles unbelievably. I thought I was driving my SUV. The superior Barth construction is most amazing whenever you hit a bump or go over a curb, you think you’re in a regular SUV the construction is so tight. If I knew I would need an alternate cottage for next year and had a storage facility to accommodate the coach I would certainly keep this beautiful Barth. Here are many of the features of this fantastic coach:

SPARTAN chassis
CUMMINS 6B5.9 rear diesel engine with modifications bringing the power to the 310HP range
Engine block heater switch above drive seat (you Northern folks know what that’s for)
Allison MD-3060, 6 speed pushbutton automatic transmission
Cruise Control
Approximately 63,000 miles
Fuel Consumption - Avg. = over 11 mpg (per my driving experience at 70MPH+)
Fuel Capacity - 60 gal
200 amp Alternator
30 gal. propane tank
40 gal. fresh water tank
50 gal. grey and black holding tanks (I think this is right combined but they could be larger)
Ultra-Heat holding tank heat blankets
Solar Panel
Peninsula Glass double pane windows
6 gal. Atwood propane water heater w/elec. starter
Safe T Plus steering stabilizers
Inteli-Power 9100 Computer Controlled Battery Monitor/Charging Module
All Aluminum aircraft-like body and coach frame, construction
There are 6 nearly new Michelin tires.
HWH hydraulic leveling system
Twin air horns
Side Docking light
Exterior side cable and phone jacks
Easy read tire gauges on interior rear and front tires
Ray-Line Remote control Roof mounted Spot /flood light
Kohler 6 KW 50 Amp/250 Volt propane generator (just over 200 hours)
12v isolator
4-12v batteries for house power
2-12v engine batteries w/isolator
6 outside 120v receptacles
2 outside porch lights (one on each side)
Lighted "Barth" grab handle
Dometic Duo-Therm Front and Rear 13,500 BTU A/C with heat pump option
Front and Rear HYDROFRAME furnaces
New Dometic 3-way refrigerator
WEDGEWOOD 2-burner rangetop
SHARP Carousel II Convection-Microwave
MOEN kitchen & bath faucets
Stainless dual sink with an additional filtered water faucet
Corian Countertops in Kitchen and bath
VENTLINE Lighted Range hood
Pullout Pantry
LP gas detector
Smoke detector
WINEGARD crank up TV and Satellite Antennas
Electric side mirrors--heated
Panasonic Stereo with 6 speakers
CB radio
Panasonic 13" color TV with remote front and in Bedroom, front with video cassette player
Spare tire (22.5”) with REESE 2" 8000# trailer hitch with airbrake
ZIP DEE awnings on all windows
Privacy blinds on all windows except front which has a wraparound deluxe curtain
KWIKEE Electric double step
VDO electronic speedometer & tachometer
Pyrometer and boost gauge
50 amp 30' power cable
Rear Queen bed
Sofa/sleeper
2 closets (one Cedar) with lights
Glass enclosed shower with skykight
Skylight in hallway that lights up the whole area
Linen cabinet in bath
Solid oak woodwork throughout
Convertible dinette with seat belts
All original documentation including engineering drawings and wiring diagrams

I'm sure I missed some things but you get the idea. Dave or Tim can straighten me out if all is not accurate or I need to add more. The bottom line is if you are looking for a trouble free coach you might want to look at this one. It is located in North Muskegon Michigan. My cell number is 616-915-3433

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited August 27, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited August 28, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited August 28, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited September 10, 2004).]

Posts: 75 | Location: Wyoming, MI USA | Member Since: 05-01-2004Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
WOW! 310 hp! Could we have some details on how that was achieved?

Got any torque figures on the upgrade?

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
<wjsizemore77>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by bill h:
WOW! 310 hp! Could we have some details on how that was achieved?

Got any torque figures on the upgrade?

It was probably those new spark plugs he installed

Report This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
B5.9 =240 hp plus Banks Stinger

They claim ads 75hp equaling 315 HP. Plus 171 lbs of Torque.

I have talked to many owners who have installed this system and it is like going from night to day.

I think this is the coach we're talking about here. It is very nice.

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited August 26, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited August 26, 2004).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dave! You are such a gem!! I was just passing along the info I had, I certainly don't have the technical or mechanical understanding that a lot of the folks visiting your site have. You are right on the pictures. I will send more when I get to my broadband connection or if someone wants them direct they can just leave me a message and I will get them to them as well.

God Bless

Posts: 75 | Location: Wyoming, MI USA | Member Since: 05-01-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Eat your heart out eBay, Barthmobile.com does it again! It is sold. Thanks again Dave. You're the greatest!!

God Bless

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
How come all of my favorite motorhomes sell before I can buy them. Maybe I just have good taste, huh?

Well Doug, you have had two Barths in about 6 months. There are two 38 foot Regencys for sale right now. They will be on the site by next week, so there you go.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Report This Post