Notify
Tools
MI: 1990 Barth 28 Foot Regal
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

Hi Bill, I just sent you a bunch of pictures. The quality of the photos is poor, I know but I think you can see the coach is not. Let me know if you know of anyone who would like to own it.

Posts: 6 | Location: illinois | Member Since: 03-10-2008Report This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Moved Reply:

I received the following images and this in an email.
quote:
Hi Bill,
You should have received 30 pictures, let me know if they have arrived
and if you have any interest. The fridge, microwave, plumbing,
faucets, cargo door locks, a front tire (or was it both front tires?),
both front suspension air bags (one has since failed and is not
holding air), Have all been replaced by me (by that I mean by a
professional, and paid for by me). Everything except the leveling
jacks is in very good working order, it has never taken in any water
(save for a few inches of wallpaper bubbled under the window in the
lav-looks like someone left the window open during a rain), the
plywood floor is solid, and I just had it certified as road ready and
safe for a 2000 mile trip by an uninterested 3rd party mechanic at the
request of that buyer who reneged on our agreement that I mentioned
earlier. The mechanic did say that the front brakes will probably have
to be done in about 5000 miles. I hate to sell it.
Jim-Phone xxx-xxx-xxxx
and then a follow up email.
quote:
Oh, I would list it on Barthmobile if I could figure out the proper
format. I did see mention of format rules, but haven't found that yet.
Email is about as far as my computer skills go. Any help or advise you
can give me would be great. Also, the binder is with the vehicle in
Michigan, but I think that a former owner was a member of your club.
---Jim
In the interest of full disclosure I have to tell you that I've been in contact with the people who did not follow through on the initial sale. I was told that the reason they did not follow through was they were told it was fuel injected and it was a carburetor.

From what I can tell by looking at images it looks nice. You can even see the pictures were taken with the coach idling as indicated by the cold white exhaust.

Additional note from viewing the images. Did you see how large the lower compartments are? Very large for most GM Chassis!!! From the stance, it looks like the floor height has been raised. Most of the GM Chassis has the floorline much lower.

Jim sent me 30 images and I have an additional 14 images from the other people. All 44 are included above. I have moved this to the "Barth Coaches For Sale Forum" for Jim. Good Luck Jim!

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
If you would like to purchase this quality coach I am asking $11,000. Numerous upgrades and regular maintenance has been performed as needed.

Excellent for bachelor or couple. Cherry cabinets, corian countertops, newer fridge and microwave, needs new floor covering. Self-leveling hydraulic jacks not working. Separate shower closet. Aircraft aluminum, heat, and air conditioner all very good. 454 Chevy gas engine w/ auto trans. All awnings intact (maroon/grey). When I bought it seven years ago I was told the odometer was changed and was given the old one. I have put very few miles on it in short trips. More photos available. Email questions.

There are two very comfortable swivel recliners and 2 ottomans finished in an off white vinyl on free standing round metal bases that are used with a nice solid cherry, fold away, built-in table top/map cabinet included. I also used them on the straw mat outside, under the awning. I will make a nice turn key package with other items that I have outfitted the coach with (if you haven't owned an RV like this there are lots of little things to spend money on!) There are 8 overhead cherry storage cabinets that line the coach, and 3 outside storage bins with locks for all that stuff. The TV (cable outlets in bedroom and outside, and articulating roof antennae that is manipulated from inside) and dash radio (front and bedroom speakers) are in decent working order but due for upgrade with some slick modern equipment.

Data Tag: 8906-3620-28C-D1
Vin: 1G8KP37W4K5305796
Mileage: 70,000 miles
Air conditioners: 1
Awnings: 3

Coach is located in St. Joesph, Michigan.

You can view all of the images at this link.

Jim xxx-xxx-xxxx

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
....A 1990 model w/ a carb Confused

I thought it was all FI by at least a decade earlier......(re-powered maybe?)

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Report This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
....A 1990 model w/ a carb Confused

I thought it was all FI by at least a decade earlier......(re-powered maybe?)
The chassis in this coach is a 1989 based on the vin#. Here is a wiki I found on the EFI 454's
quote:
GM also introduced the 7.4 L 454 EFI in 1990 (known as the GEN V; the previous generation was known as the Mark IV produced between 1965-90; The 454 EFI version was rated from 230 hp (170 kW) to 255 hp (190 kW) and from 385 lb·ft (522 N·m) to 405 lb·ft (549 N·m) of torque. The 7.4 L 454 EFI was found on GM 3500 trucks throughout the early 1990s until replaced with the Vortec 7400 (GEN VI) in 1996.
The data tag number shows it to have been built in June of 1989. I would suspect that the chassis is earlier by a couple of months. This means that a 1989 was definitely a carb.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Or, and it's a long shot, the lookers didn't know enough about GM fuel injection to realize that the thing sitting on top of the intake manifold was a fuel injector, not a carb. My 350 pickup looked just like a carb with an air filter sitting on top of it. You GM wrenchers know exactly what I'm talking about.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
Or, and it's a long shot, the lookers didn't know enough about GM fuel injection to realize that the thing sitting on top of the intake manifold was a fuel injector, not a carb. My 350 pickup looked just like a carb with an air filter sitting on top of it. You GM wrenchers know exactly what I'm talking about.

Carbs have a single nut in the center of the air cleaner top. MH TBI has two.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
quote:
Carbs have a single nut in the center of the air cleaner top. TBI has two.

Not on my 350. One allthread shaft right up through the middle, coming out the middle of the filter housing. That's what I mean about it being confusing. Maybe the BB454's were as you describe, but not all fi's. [Mine was a 91]

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Report This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
quote:
Carbs have a single nut in the center of the air cleaner top. TBI has two.

Not on my 350. One allthread shaft right up through the middle, coming out the middle of the filter housing. That's what I mean about it being confusing. Maybe the BB454's were as you describe, but not all fi's. [Mine was a 91]

You're right. I was thinking only of motor home engines.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
My '90 Regal SE, chassis mfg. in 1989, was unquestionably carbureted. I would be very surprised if any other gas-powered, MH, GM, P-something chassis of similar vintage had FI, not a carb.

The floor line looks about the same as my '90 Regal. My front compartment went all the way across, though the sides were deeper than the center because the chassis passed underneath.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Report This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olroy:
My '90 Regal SE, chassis mfg. in 1989, was unquestionably carbureted. I would be very surprised if any other gas-powered, MH, GM, P-something chassis of similar vintage had FI, not a carb.

I think 89 was a transition year for the 454, with some having carb, some having TBI.

My guess is that they used up what they had, then switched to TBI.

posted Hide Post
I just found the box I have been looking for. The chassis was indeed manufactured by GM in late '88, coach by Barth in '89. Title says 1990.

I also had a talk with Clare (Craig) of Woodbury, CT (former Rangers) and she remembered it as an 89/90. They bought it in CT when it was maybe 5 years old from a dealer with about 10,000 miles on it, she thinks. She remembers putting rear tires on in '02ish, I replaced the front in'04.

She also was able to remember that when they traded it in at Lazy Days of Florida in '03, it had 50 something thousand miles on her. When I bought it in Florida less than a year later the man handed me an odometer he said he had replaced with 58,000 on it, and the dash read 9,000. I still have the old odometer and the dash reads 16,000. I've only taken her 7,000 miles in 6 years.

She said that they loved the coach, as I do, and they only went to Lazy Days to get an estimate on replacing the sagging headliner, which was new when I got it. They always took proper care of it. The only thing she didn't like about the coach was that it had no couch for her to lie down on when she didn't feel like sharing the bed, and that trading it in was kind of a whim.

Since then I have replaced the fridge, micro, water heater, faucets, most of the supply lines, both front suspension air bags (one has failed and needs replacing, the two in the rear are still good)and have also had it regularly serviced and maintained. It has never taken in any water and everything but the leveling jacks is in good working order.-Jim

http://s687.photobucket.com/al...upload/1990-28Regal/

posted Hide Post
And I took a pebble in the windshield, replaced the passenger half, but haven't replaced the tint film that you see on the driver's side.-Jim

posted Hide Post
1990 Regal, Michigan--SOLD!