Tools
"The Barthmobile" 1985 28 foot, great coach
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted
I AM MOTIVATED TO SELL THIS COACH

I have decided to sell my 28 foot Regal. It is my intent to move up to a 30 or 33 foot Breakaway.

This coach is nice, not as nice as Eddie's coach right after this one.

It has a new crate 454 with 10K on it,
new tires less than 100 miles, except for the inboard dual on the rear. The outsides are new.

200 miles on new brake job
New Wheel bearings front
Bilsteins on front

5.5 Onan
Safe-Wide wheels. These are cool, baby drives like a cad. Front tires are only 55 psi.

Helper springs on rear,

Everything works, including new TV, dash air.

Coach is wired so that just a flick of a switch goes from cable hookup on outside of coach to antenna.

Wired for phone jack inside.

Only negative, one Air, It could really use two air conditioners. And paint on front above windshield is chipping, plus it is 22 years old

Motor Aid water heat and two motoraid furnaces.

Center Twin, Large rear bath with fantastic fan and new lighting.. Pretty cool coach. Not as nice as Eddie's or Olroys's but pretty nice all the same...Everything works, new kitchen faucet..

Click Picture for Slide Show

Picture living room back

some more pictures, cool awning material

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Only negative, one Air, It could really use two air conditioners.

That is not a real big negative. Unless you want to occupy both the bedroom and living room at the same time. We have two, and the genset powers both with ease, but we rarely run more than one. We are headed out to the high desert tomorrow, and expect to do as usual, and run only one.

About the only time we have ever run both is to cool down the bedroom while we are still in the living room before bedtime.

We sleep pretty well in the desert summer with an Endless Breeze blowing on us.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
The guitar playing business must be pretty good if you can give this away for under 10 G with the intent of upgrading. Darn, why can't I be in the market for a new coach right now? There are some real beauties right here right now.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey dave! Any pictures? What's the layout

MontyB
Barthless

Posts: 4 | Location: Westmont IL | Member Since: 03-12-2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Duh! All I had to do was read! Nice Coach Dave.

MontyB
Barthless

Posts: 4 | Location: Westmont IL | Member Since: 03-12-2007Report This Post
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Hey DZ, sad thing is nobodies buying. I need to move it so I am open to reasonable offers.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Its a nice looking coach and a good price Dave, just give it a little time. There are a lot of lurkers out here and i bet one or two of them are considering one of the coaches that are currently for sale. I know one guy that might be in the market for one but i haven't had a chance to talk to him in the last few days. I just told him about the website last week and don't know if he has had time to look at it yet as he works long hours and has a long commute each day.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
Everyone raved about the ex Scalzo coach and I might have bought it had the dealer been up front about the mileage and a lot more professional. As much as I love our 38' Regency, your Regal is really sharp. If it had been available last month, this Regency might still be in Phoenix. I'd venture to say it won't last long, anybody looking better jump into the deep end fast on this Barth.

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Dave,
I have someone looking for a motorhome, but it must be able to tow a trailer. What is the towing capacity of yours?
Bruce

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there any work that needs to be done on the coach. Since you have installed the new engine
how many miles have you driven it.

Would you be willing to drive it to our home
near Helen, GA. North Georgia area.

The MPG is ?

Thank you.

Ronald G. Hill
2127 Duncan Bridge Road
Sautee Nacoochee, GA 30571
706-865-7087 email: ronhill@alltel.net

Posts: 1 | Location: Sautee Nacoochee, USA | Member Since: 11-05-2004Report This Post
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
quote:
What is the towing capacity of yours?

It has a class II hitch good for 3500 lbs.

quote:
Is there any work that needs to be done on the coach. Since you have installed the new engine
how many miles have you driven it.

No work that needs to be done. The whole coach gone over and new fuel line for genset installed, now runs like a top.. Now aware of any needs.

quote:
Would you be willing to drive it to our home
near Helen, GA. North Georgia area.

The MPG is ?

I would love to go to Helen, GA but can't take the time off of work. And because this coach only gets 6 mph on its best day a 1600 mile trip would reduce my price by almost $900.00

Note to those who see the dog in the picture. that is our dear Pip who we lost just a few years ago at the age of 17. To our chagrin he hated the motorhome and would never ride in it and never had.

posted Hide Post
Hi Dave, where's the coach located? We just sold our Airstream B 190 and are looking to replace it with something larger. This looks ideal. We plan another 6000 mile road trip this winter. What type of gas mileage do you get with it? It is a concern today.

Thanks,
Terry Neumann
Lanesboro, MN

Posts: 25 | Location: Lanesboro MN | Member Since: 09-01-2006Report This Post
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
The coach is in Eden Prairie, MN a SW suburb of Minneapolis.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/10
Picture of bud@YXY
posted Hide Post
quote:

Dave: I noticed your comment on mpg:

And because this coach only gets 6 mph on its best day

Is this the mileage it gets when you're "lollygagging" along at 50 mph with a tail wind and no toad or is it at 65-70 mph, with toad?

Regards: Bud

1993 Breakaway 36ft & 1977 20 ft
Spartan: air ride and brakes & P32(?)
Cummins: 8.3 litre 250hp, PACBrake
Allison 3060 (6 spd)
Front entry, side hallway
7.5 kw diesel gen.
1999 2dr Tracker 4X4 5spd, SMI Braking system

Posts: 253 | Location: Yukon--Arizona and around | Member Since: 06-09-2006Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I love the paint - it's an SOB-Killer - paint resembling a stick-and-staple, but with a Barth holding the paint up - slick!

As to the air - I have but one in StaRV II, and I'm a regular at the Nebraska Star Party (where daytime temps regularly hit 105F+) and the single air keeps inside temps at around 75F.

Now, I have to admit that, being at a star party, I have vinyl blackout curtains installed on all the side windows that really exclude the heat, and I do shut off the bedroom for the comfort of Maggie and Casey, but one A/C ain't all that bad...if I were in the market for a coach like this, I'd not be concerned.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post