Notify
Tools
"The Barthmobile" 1985 28 foot, great coach
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
You know Danny and Bill, you brought up a good point. Storage!! Maybe that's a big factor in why the older Regals aren't selling well. The P30 storage underneath is modest at best, and we Americans like to take a lot of stuff with us when we travel. Dave, are the basement model older Barths selling well? The '89 33' Regal on an Oskosh chasis with the Ford pusher posted in the General forum, seems to be selling well, even with the questions about the gas pusher. When I looked at it, I really was interested because of the storage.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
As some of you know, I recently sold our Airstream B190. It was very well constructed and is on a Ford E350 van. I have looked seriously at the Airstream motorhomes (the classic series). Two problems I see is that the exterior is very sensitive to damage and aluminum cannot be repaired if it gets a dent or gouge in it. As the bare aluminum is what is visable with just a clearcote on it which is most likely flaking off. The other thing is all I see for sale have around 85,000 miles on them and original engines which means you will be replacing the whole drivetrain before that road trip. They are still very pricy as you can see on the Airstream forum. Just take a look at the classifieds on this Airstream site. http://www.airforums.com/forums/f240/
This will give you an idea of what sellers expect. I'd take one if I could steal it but I want something that I don't have to use a California Duster on it to keep it clean and shiny. I want something that looks ok and performs reliably and can survive a tree branch scrape without creating thousands in damage. And if you thing Airstream will help you out? Forget it. Their customer service on older units sucks.

Terry

Posts: 25 | Location: Lanesboro MN | Member Since: 09-01-2006Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
The Barthmobile is sold...

To one of our hero from Minnesota who is returning from 17 months in a Iraq. No not a 22 year old PFC but a 58 year old Minnesot lawyer SFC. He has been in that God forsaken place for 17 months straight.

My Air Force son and I will have this baby sparkling for him when he picks it up around the 20 of the month.. Things couldn't have worked out better.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Report This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Here's a big high 5 Dave!! Good for you!!!

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Report This Post
1st month member
posted Hide Post
Congrats Dave, You had a very nice coach. Good luck in finding your Breakaway.

1999 Airstream Safari 25'
2007 Toyota Tundra
1987 Yamaha YSR toads

Posts: 328 | Location: Sovereign Republic of Texas-Beaumont | Member Since: 01-15-2001Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Dave, I'm glad and sad.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
Yep, What Bill H. said.

Dave, just know that we appreicate all of your hard work on this site. I, being one who has given you praise as well as hexx at times, am so grateful for the sacrifices you have made for the site and for us. I only wish you the best that life has to offer. I hope one day another Barth comes your way and it takes you on that winter southwest trip. As you always say,

GOD BLESS!
Mike

mike foster
83-35' regency 8.2 detroit towing 98 cherokee classic 4x4

Posts: 149 | Location: earlham,iowa-usa | Member Since: 01-08-2001Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I am glad sad that you sold your Barth. I hope you got close to your asking price.

9 months ago Dave started to put his coach up for sale and then changed his mind. Seeing that he has "Sold His Coach" I thought I would remind him of his earlier failed attempt/second guessing. There is no "Second Guessing Now" Big Grin

I wish the new owner the best of luck - please tell us you didn't also give up the website to him as well. Big Grin Ps. Big Grins on purpose.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind words. You know sometimes in life you have big dreams and they just don't always work out.

We never used the coach to its max when we were in the position to use it..

As for the site, I can see it going to someone else in the next year or so, but it will be to someone who has proven their dedication to the cause. There is also a cell of strong supporters on this site. You all know who I mean. From Bill H. to Lee S., Ironsides, Bill of NY, Rusty, Olroy and several more etc. etc. I would never transfer the site to anyone unless that cell of loyal supporters supported that person. And, I know that I don't need to say that not a dime will change hands. This is an afinity (sp) website. It stays with people who have the same afinity... My grammer sucks.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/16
Picture of coaster48
posted Hide Post
Good luck Dave in your future endeavors and congrats on your sale! I just want to say I appreciate your commitment to the site and I hope that someone with the same passion will step up to the plate and keep this great website going.I just love this site and I login almost every day to see what's going on.
I am finally coming close to purchasing a Barth,after a few years of entertaining myself on thhis site and when the right one is listed I will be in HolyLand! Yea, I have noticed the grammer, but your heart was that matters!

1995 Regal 31 Ft.
Ford F 53 Chassis
460 EFI

Posts: 93 | Location: Sechelt,B.C. Canada | Member Since: 03-17-2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Dave, congratulations on your sale. I can't tell you how badly I wanted to buy your, or should I say "THE", Barth just to keep it as a collectors item. If only it wouldn't have had twin beds. I'm still looking and just haven't found the right coach for this years cottage and time is running out. In your search for the right Breakaway I hope you find something as nice as a few I've had. I just can't seem to dig one up this year but they must be out there someplace and I hope you find the best of the best. May God Bless your search.

Doug Vanse

Posts: 75 | Location: Wyoming, MI USA | Member Since: 05-01-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
Hi Dave,

I had been wondering why some people were acting as if you were leaving as a result of selling your Barthmobile. I was somewhat sad that I already had a Barth because I would have been more than interested in yours. Don't get me wrong, we love our Regency but owning the original Barthmobile, well that would have been special.

I never looked at your grammar and although I never met you I know your heart is certainly in the right place. I wish I had joined earlier but at least I was here before you handed off the club to the next bearer of the Barthmobile journey. Although it will be sad to see you go, I know it will be left in good hands. I don't believe you will just disappear though, I'm certain we'll hear from you fairly often.

Thanks for starting this site and raising it from infancy to where it is walking (rolling) into the future!

P.S. A special thank-you to your wife since she must have put up with many hours of you being at the computer

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Report This Post
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Well would you believe that the buying party stopped payment on the check because "we realized how much it would cost to go anywhere".

The funds have cleared my bank and are still in my account so the it may be too late for them but if someone else wants this fine coach I don't want anyone to be unhappy. So I will put it back here in the "Coaches for Sale" area.

The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
We all occasionally suffer buyer's remorse, but stopping payment on his check after the coach is delivered? Talk about a bummer.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
If Dave suffered "seller's Remorse" and wanted it back, would they give it back?

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post