Notify
Tools
1996 Barth for sale
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
it will be worth 5 years from now and much less than it will be worth 10 years from now, if it is maintained in its present condition.

Then, by all means, hang onto it as an investment.
Meanwhile, buy whatever RV suits your current needs, such as a Renegade toy hauler.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Report This Post
Picture of brumi
posted Hide Post
I have looked at the toy haulers and they would be very nice indeed. The problem is that I would have to buy a truck capable of towing one......the hauler and then a truck would be quite expensive and hard to justify for the couple of times a year I use it. They are nice though!

Posts: 14 | Location: ny | Member Since: 07-24-2009Report This Post
Picture of brumi
posted Hide Post
To PATNPAT
Hi Pat
I re-read your post and I must have missed the part about returning the coach to it's home in California.
I would flat out love to take another cross country trip. This time with my wife so she could see all of the sights I saw as my twin brother and I drove across. Crater Lake, Mount Rushmore, the badlands, Bonneville Salt flats etc. I would certainly be up for it.....as long as the pot of gold at the end of the California rainbow started with the number two.
I might even be persuaded to stop at Notre Dame and get you a new ND ball cap. The one you had was getting a little worn and faded.
I mean, I would just love to take another road trip of a lifetime. call me if you are really interested
Bruce

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brumi:
I have looked at the toy haulers and they would be very nice indeed. The problem is that I would have to buy a truck capable of towing one......the hauler and then a truck would be quite expensive and hard to justify for the couple of times a year I use it. They are nice though!

A RENEGADE Toy Hauler (with garage) IS A TRUCK -- A toter home based on an over-the-road truck.
http://www.renegaderv.com/renegade-motorcoach-garage

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
I drove a Renegade a few years ago. It was on a Freightliner Columbia chassis. It was a dream. Handled like a champ, no driver fatigue at all, got 10/12 mpg. Just too much out of my range financially.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Report This Post
Picture of brumi
posted Hide Post
Oh, that is really going upscale. Way more than I want to get involved with. I am more of a minimalist.
A Freightliner based toter home pulling a stacker trailer is what I saw AJ Foyt bring to the races at Watkins Glen a few years ago. The stacker carried a couple of golf carts and a black Mini Cooper among other things. Not the team trailer, just his personal rig. I sometimes dream about doing my own personal "Endless Summer"....remember the surfing movies years ago about a couple of surfers following summer around the world.I could follow the vintage race circuit all over the US for a year. Those type of rigs would be the bees knees for that dream. But in the real world, way, way beyond the scope of my involvement. Most of the heavy hitters in vintage racing have their crews drive to the events in that type of setup and just fly to the race. They don't even stay in them for the weekend but drive to a hotel nearby in their personal cars brought in the car hauler with their race cars. All nice people and really no different to talk to or race with than the ones that come pulling their race car on an open, flat bed trailer.

posted Hide Post
BILL N.Y. took possession of barth from brumi in yuma az.where he drove it from syracuse .drove from there to san diego area to get away from the 110 heat and took a leisurely trip up the west coast to gilroy arriving home last night.i know this was the right decision for me to rebuy this back into the family. please move to sold column.thx patnpat

Posts: 48 | Location: gilroy ca | Member Since: 11-15-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
oops i did not mean to say bill n. y. took possession, just me pat and my wife pat, i.e. patnpat. sorry to cofuse,cheers. bruce, i.e. brumi drove to yuma and flew back from san diego.

Posts: 48 | Location: gilroy ca | Member Since: 11-15-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Bill NY is a man of all countries. Wouldn't be surprised to see him show up on the space shuttle--(whichever one we end up 'borrowing')
Humbo

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Report This Post
Picture of davebabe
posted Hide Post
hello. Is this Barth still for sale ? most of these forums, even the 'for sale' ones. Don't update or include any specs such as : photos, availability or means to contact Owner/sellor.

thank you. David

Posts: 10 | Location: north carolina | Member Since: 08-23-2014Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
This one was sold 3+ months ago.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/16
Picture of Quinn
posted Hide Post
davebabe,

I think you may not be aware that the topics get broken up in to separate pages as the number of posts go up. If you look in the bottom right corner of this page, you'll see "Page 1 2". Click on the "1" to go to page 1. Price is there as well as some pics and seller contact info.

But, as Rusty said, it has sold. That was posted by patnpat 4 posts above yours, although somewhat cryptically.

Good luck in your search. I found and bought a Barth this summer. This site is a good tool: http://www.searchcraigslist.org/

If you enter a search like "Barth (motorhome | rv)" with no quotes, you'll be able to keep track of every craigslist post in the country.

Quinn

Posts: 235 | Location: San Leandro, California | Member Since: 08-06-2014Report This Post