Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
1996 Barth for sale
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of brumi
posted
I have enjoyed my Barth and now it is time to pass it along. My use has been to go to the races at Watkins Glen.
It is a 1996 with 30,50 miles from new. At 23 feet long it is the perfect size for two people to enjoy. Also, at 23 feet overall length it allows you to drive where the cars can drive at national parks. The big block Chevy engine with only 23 feet to haul around means very good performance, handling and great gas mileage.
Air conditioning , roof solar panels, leveling jacks, microwave convection oven, a refrigerator unit that kept my popsicles frozen all weekend long, generator that has 98 hrs on it, Awning that is as new and color matched the two tone blue of the coach, 2 flat screen TVs, and everything works as new. Always excellently maintained and garaged.
This is as close to a new Barth as you may find.
Interestingly, when I take it to the Vintage Races it draws more attention than the vintage cars. You may find one as nice, but you simply will not find a better one.
It is just the most maneuverable, easy to drive class A that I have ever driven.
Priced commensurate with rarity and condition at $28,000.
If I can figure out how to post pictures, I will do so, I can e-mail pictures that I took just this morning if you request them.
Contact e-mail address .....brumi315@aol.com
Bruce

Posts: 14 | Location: ny | Member Since: 07-24-2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
surprised no comments on brumis 22 ft. rig?any east coasters seen this recently?comments or heart attacks on price?

Posts: 48 | Location: gilroy ca | Member Since: 11-15-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PATNPAT:
s or heart attacks on price?

Not that shocked and decided not to comment about coach w 454 priced as high or higher than DP's available now.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
ANYONE KNOW WHAT LOW AND HIGH PRICING ON BRUMIS 1996 22FT? THRU NADA OR?

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
NADA says $14K to $17K retail. They don't list Private Party values. But, you can buy a very nice Breakaway for that price. I know. I just sold one, or two, or three. And the 28'er I sold was in very, very nice condition, as was the 30'er. I suppose if you found someone who just had to have a short, gas powered Barth, they might spend that kind of money. But to attract a larger market, I would think that the price would have to be considerably lower than a Barth diesel pusher. Now that should generate some controversy. If I were Brumi, I'd probably keep it until that 'just right' person came along. It's certainly very nice and if I were a collector and had lots of $$, I'd buy it just to have it. It would be nice to see some interior pictures, along with more exterior pics, including the compartments.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Report This Post
Picture of brumi
posted Hide Post
Well, I took about 12 pictures this past Sunday and uploaded them to the photobucket link on the test pictures. I am trying to figure out how to go from the barth photobucket site to upload in the for sale forum
may take a while If anybody can put them up from the photobucket test sight ....go to it
I'll keep trying to get the pics up
Until then ,why beat me up so bad on something you haven't seen yet? This is as it left the factory with a few improvements ( suspension and flat screen TVs ). I don't like " projects " or fixer uppers and I personally do not like driving around a big bus. A 23 ft coach is ideal for me as I can use it and park it like a car. I don't spend winters in Florida in it, I use it on long weekends at the races ( Watkins Glen, Pocono, etc.) If I need something in town, I just take it and park it on the street like a car. It always draws a crowd, I can't be the only one who feels this way as it seems most of the new stuff I see on the road is based on the Mercedes chassis at around 23 ft. With generator,cherry floors and cabinets, ice cold air conditioning, convection oven microwave, seperate shower and bath rooms, solar charging panels, hydraulic leveling jacks, queen size bed, gas range and flat screen TVs with computer inputs for movies or games.....I personally don't need any more. It has under 31,000 miles from new. With the big block chevy engine in such a small coach, it has plenty of power to set the cruise control at 74 and just roll along the thruway. I go to the RV shows all the time and I see absolutely nothing in this price range ( new or used ) to match the style and amenities. OK so it only gets 11 mpg. But here in NY diesel fuel is 30% higher than regular gas so unless I was getting 14-15 mpg with a diesel, I don't come out ahead with the fuel bill.
This is the Barth site....right.... why belittle the value of these iconic coaches. There is nothing to compare these to.
Oh, I know, you can buy a project 1969 Porsche 911 for $20,000. But an all original, low mileage numbers matching one can't be touched for less than $ 150,000 . I know, as I own several vintage Porsches
Now, although they are both iconic examples of their respective niches, I am not comparing Barths to Porsches. But the same holds true for outstanding examples vs normal examples of all motor vehicles.
If you see the pictures of my Barth and then think it is only worth $14,000 fair enough. I would then invite you to, first find one comparable to mine and then, send me the for sale notice and I would buy it cash, no questions asked.

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Once you find the photos on PB, hold cursor over photo, click on the "links" option. Copy the link on the bottom (IMG link) into your Barth posting. I think these are the ones?
Exterior:

Interior:

I think I got them all. Nice looking coach! Good luck with your sale! Thumbs Up

Remember, "fair market price" is what one seller and one buyer agree upon on one particular item on a given day. Nobody else counts.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5159 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
As I said, if I had the money, I'd buy it. Unfortunately, whenever you sell anything, you're up against others that may not be as nice as yours, but are a lot cheaper. No one is 'beating you up' or 'belittling' you. In fact,we are extolling the beauty of your Barth. But, the marketplace is the marketplace. Not very pretty sometimes and not very fair other times. Good luck. I hope you get your asking price.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Report This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Our friends recently bought a stick and staple 31 C for 74 grand. It will be in the scrapyard when this coach is still pristine.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/10
Picture of bud@YXY
posted Hide Post
Bruce
We own 2 Barths-- our 93 36 ft I think is beautiful, but maybe not quite as immaculate as your 96 and our '77 21 foot I wish was anywhere near as nice!
I agree with you that these coaches are unique and we should not under rate or under value them.
If it was a tad closer (I reside in Whitehorse Yukon), the canadian dollar was better, it would be easier to to be enticed!
I hope you (and "it") find a good buyer to appreciate and enjoy this beautiful coach.

Best Regards

Bud

1993 Breakaway 36ft & 1977 20 ft
Spartan: air ride and brakes & P32(?)
Cummins: 8.3 litre 250hp, PACBrake
Allison 3060 (6 spd)
Front entry, side hallway
7.5 kw diesel gen.
1999 2dr Tracker 4X4 5spd, SMI Braking system

Posts: 253 | Location: Yukon--Arizona and around | Member Since: 06-09-2006Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brumi:

If you see the pictures of my Barth and then think it is only worth $14,000 fair enough. I would then invite you to, first find one comparable to mine and then, send me the for sale notice and I would buy it cash, no questions asked.

Me too Nice Coach, I like my 22' Class C for the ease of getting around. Just curious, what tranny is in this coach?

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
when this coach was sold by allan of solvang it went for the high end of nada at the time . when it was sold to brumi it went also for high end of nada.i should know because i sold it to brumi in 2009.what i dont understand is considering the rv market over the last 5 years how one could justify asking the same price paid for it and almost 2 times the nada top after this dramatic drop in the market. i fully recognise the quality of the coach as i was the previous owner. i would be happy to rebuy the coach at the high end of nada after discussion with my better half ofcourse.you could do another cross country trip. what do you think bruce.good luck on your sale.

WHEN

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Turn key is always cheaper than fix-up.

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ccctimtation:
Turn key is always cheaper than fix-up.

But what makes a "turn key" gasser worth as much as a "turn key" diesel pusher (with corresponding HD chassis) considering that the former originally cost of fraction of the latter??
Diesel in the midwest is NO WHERE near 30% more than regular. In fact, it is now about the same as premium gasoline (which I am accustomed to putting in my MINI and my Lexus).
People who want a motor home "to use and park like a car" get a class B.
This is NOT to say Brumi has anything other than a spectacular Barth. We can all agree that nothing worthy of comparison (short Class A) is being built today.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Report This Post
Picture of brumi
posted Hide Post
Hi All
Steve VW...thanks so much for the upload. You did get the right ones, I'll give your tips a try if I need to upload more pics.
Doorman..... I do not know what transmission is in it. I had the transmission fluid changed after I bought it and all I know is that it works fine.
PATNPAT....My twin brother and I had a simply wonderful cross country trip after picking the coach up from you. Loved the camping spot and the wine and chicken you gave us for our first night ever in an RV. Everything went smoothly and we had a blast. We still laugh about getting pulled over by a Utah state patrolman near Salt Lake City. He said we did not pull over into the far lane when he was on the side of the road. After giving him our registration and insurance card he let us go. Then he wanted to get in and look over the Barth which he just loved. He thought it was one we had just had restored in California or Lake Tahoe ( ? ) and we were taking it back to New York. He said our trip looked like a real neat father and son adventure. Well, my twin brother and I almost simultaneously called each other dad. To this day I don't know if he was joking or if he thought my twin brother looked that much older . My twin brother has the same thoughts.
About the price. All I can say is that 9 years ago I did buy a 1969 Porsche 911 for one thousand dollars. I had about 2 thousand dollars worth of work done to it and drove it for 6 years ( summers ). I sold it for sixty thousand and thought I did good. It resold last year for 139 thousand ....just as I had sold it. Does that make any sense when a loaded new Porsche Carrera C4S can be had for 120 thousand.
Well, anyone can go to the dealer and buy a new Porsche but the classic long hood early Porsche 911s aren't made any more and great ones are hard to find. They are now truly considered works of art and the prices have gone crazy.
I have a perfect 1964 Porsche 356. It is , in my eyes, a true work of art. Just a classic body shape. Nothing else like it then or now. The first time I saw the Barth when you drove it to the airport to pick my twin brother and me up, I just melted. The size, the shape, the lines......nothing else like it then or now. Just like the Porsche 356 or a Jaguar XKE it transcends the object itself. You don't own just a car or just a motor coach. You own a piece of art, a piece of automotive history. When I pull into my local Camping World each year for the required state inspection, the place literally empties out and the coach is surrounded by onlookers. Same thing at the races.
I have not seen another 22 foot Barth ever, let alone one as stunning as this one. Like in real estate when there are no comparables. So really, 20 some thousand for this coach is , IN MY OPINION, less than it will be worth 5 years from now and much less than it will be worth 10 years from now, if it is maintained in its present condition. In the mean time, it is a blast to use if I don't sell it.