Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
1990 Barth 32' Regency
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Beautiful 32' Barth diesel pusher - $39,900 - Spartan chassis - Cummins 240hp engine - Allison transmission - data tag #8910-0134-32RDS-B6 - leather captains' chairs - 6-way power driver's seat - dual power heated mirrors - cruise - tilt - backup camera w/ sound - windshield shade - 2 TVs - beige carpet and wood flooring - zebra print jacknife sofa - black swivel recliner - sleeps 4 - large single stainless sink - 2 door refrigerator/freezer with ice maker - Corian-type solid surface countertop - microwave/convection combo - 2 burner stove - coffee maker - 6 gallon water heater - cabinets have mirrored backs - 2 air conditioners - queen island bed - under bed storage - large corner shower - Onan generator - dinette - Winegard TV antenna - awnings on all windows - extensive collection of owner's manuals and service records - originally sold for $209,000 - For more information...

We are selling this Barth on consignment for one of our customers.

the mileage is 83,363.

BIG thanks to Bill for helping me post these pictures. We are a new/used RV dealer at Lake of the Ozarks in MO and are selling this unit on consignment for a customer.

Posts: 3 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO | Member Since: 04-11-2008Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/08
Picture of Kim and Dianne
posted Hide Post
I don't seem to be smart enough to find the asking price for this rig? The link provided works but I don't find this coach listed. Anyone else having better results?

Kim

1976 Barth 21'
HAM Call: AC7YY

Posts: 29 | Location: Centralia, Washington | Member Since: 07-01-2006Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
$39,900; link here.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Sure looks a lot like Stagecoach. Was that a Silver Anniversary Paint scheme? Do we know who owns this one? Nice looking coach and not outragiously priced.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The NADA book lists the length as 34' but Bill explained to me about the data tag which says it's a 32' since Barth doesn't count the bumper length. I'll revise the description above to reflect the entire data tag number. Thanks!

Posts: 3 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO | Member Since: 04-11-2008Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
This Regency was manufactured at the same time mine was. My Regency was 8910 32RDG 0135 B1 on a Gillig Chassis with a GVWR of 29,640. The Gillig Chassis was rated with higher GVWR with 3890 lbs of more gross weight. Happy motoring. sky

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
What determines the year of a Barth?

The year the chassis was built?

The year the coach was built?

The year the dealer finally sold it?

The year some DMV clerk said it was?

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Bill,
Believe me I have had this discussion with the state of Georgia and Allstate Insurance Company. When you key the VIN number into either of their computers it shows a 92 Gillig incomplete vehicle. Both wanted to use that info to title and insure the coach as a 92. After much, much, much paperwork and correspondence and copies of previous titles that showed the coach as a 93 Barth, we finally got it titled as such. But still today if you key in the VIN to their computers it will show as a 92. Arguments to the effect that you can't drive an incomplete vehicle down the road fell on deaf ears. It's as if the computer rules all. Common sense be damned.
Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Report This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I guess where I live, RVs are a common thing - the DMV folks understand that chasses may be built a year ot two before the coach is finished and MSO'd.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Cagle:
Bill,
Believe me I have had this discussion with the state of Georgia and Allstate Insurance Company. When you key the VIN number into either of their computers it shows a 92 Gillig incomplete vehicle. Both wanted to use that info to title and insure the coach as a 92. After much, much, much paperwork and correspondence and copies of previous titles that showed the coach as a 93 Barth, we finally got it titled as such. But still today if you key in the VIN to their computers it will show as a 92. Arguments to the effect that you can't drive an incomplete vehicle down the road fell on deaf ears. It's as if the computer rules all. Common sense be damned.
Nick

Well, the argument that you can't drive an incomplete vehicle down the road is true, at least legally, insofar as lights, etc go.

However, when you go to buy a part, the "year" is the year of the chassis. Same for emissions.

My own feeling is that it is what Barth says it is. That is, the year from the tag.

I can envision an 89 chassis under a coach built in 90, but licensed as a 91.

In the 60s, a local motorcycle dealer had a new Velocette that did not sell. Every year, it was a year newer. After three or four years of this, it was sold, and sure enough, it was titled as being brand new that year.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 02/08
posted Hide Post
Is this the 8.3 or 5.9 Cummins. If it's the 5.9 isn't it 'maxed out' at 240 hp & is it enough if you have a small toad?

Posts: 4 | Location: Bentonville | Member Since: 02-07-2008Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
In the 60s, a local motorcycle dealer had a new Velocette that did not sell. Every year, it was a year newer. After three or four years of this, it was sold, and sure enough, it was titled as being brand new that year.

This also happened with some automobiles in the 50's. I had a friend with a 56 Ford Crown Victoria titled as a 57. Some of us are old enough to remember when cars changed enough from year to year that you could tell the difference from a 1/4 mile away. In Louisiana at one time cars were titled according to when they were sold new. If I remember correctly the model year ran from October to October.
Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Report This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treysdad:
Is this the 8.3 or 5.9 Cummins. If it's the 5.9 isn't it 'maxed out' at 240 hp & is it enough if you have a small toad?

I would guess an 8.3L; two reasons: I've never heard of a Regency with the 5.9L, and 230HP is the most I've seen on a 5.9L of that vintage. IIRC, 240HP was the original rating of that engine, but it's been bumped to 250 and 275HP.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
My 97 model year Barth Monarch has a 95 Spartan chassis. These were the years when Barth was under new ownership so all sorts of oddities appear.

I register in NH where there is no sales tax, but they tax the dickens out of late model vehicles. When the DMV lady said it would be listed as a 95 I couldn't be happier. Save about $400 a year! My only issue will be when I sell it, as the title states it as a 95 now. The way I look at it "$400 in the hand is worth a few years in the bush". Besides, once a rig is 10 years old I think mileage and shape mean a lot more than model year.

In NH the model year means almost nothing as they go by either the VIN or the build date. In the old days I used to always look for a car built at the tail end of the year as it would register as the year before and save bundles. Guess every state is differnet this way.

Corey

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
This Barth has been sold - 30k

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post