Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
1993 Breakaway 30' $32,000 in Florida
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Another rvtrader ad.

Located in Bonita Springs, Florida. Check ad for contact details. And it's the first time I've heard of a Barth being referred to as aerodynamic in any sense of the word Smiler

quote:

FOR SALE: ... Distinctive bus type vehicle providing an intelligent,efficient and aerodynamically stable, road holding design. 190 cummings, Allison Transmission, Zip Dee awnings. All the options, All the records. Very clean. Will deliver.

Year: 1993
Make: Barth
Model: Breakaway FRT ENT
Length: 30.00
Miles: 110000
Price: $32,000
Chassis: Spartan
Sleeps: 4+
GVWR: 18000

Posts: 45 | Location: Canada | Member Since: 03-19-2007Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
This one is not for sale any longer. We just bought it! Can't wait to pick it up.....

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
You will be sooooooo happy.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, we are officially Barth owners!!! Our new Barth was delivered to us from Florida by the past owner on Wednesday. More to follow as I have time to post....

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Way to go folks, love the paint scheme and it looks like a beautiful coach on the inside..whow, what adventures await you...

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dave. I must say that this forum was DEFINITELY one of the driving forces in helping make our decision. In as much as there is not alot of info. on the net about Barths, this site is the place to go. You and all the others who contribute make it a pleasure to own a Barth. In as much as this is our first RV, I have lots of questions and have found answers to alot of them thru this site. I must say, though, that I am confused to why Barth never issued a general operation manual, i.e. switches, systems monitor control panel operation, water system operation, dash controls, etc... We are the third owners of this Breakaway and received a GIANT binder with lots of wiring diagrams and installation manuals. Some of the installation manuals (i.e. refrig., roof top ac's, microwave/convection oven) have operation instructions in them. But, quite a few do not. And there is no information on some of the "general features" as I have noted above. So, I am going to be relying on the past owners and this site for directions and hope I do not drive folks crazy. If someone can direct me to where I might find something that will give me that information, it would save time and minds.
Thanks again for your site and all the help it has been so far!!!
Bruce
p.s. I am wondering if this Breakaway might have been painted. The folks I bought it from (2nd owner) said they did not paint it. But, it doesn't seem to be a 1993 paint scheme? Add to that, friends have said that it looks to good to be 14 years old and it looks as if it possibly was re-painted. This is just a question for my own knowledge because the paint on our Barth is in very ggod condition overall. It has a few blems here and there, but nothing to worry about in my opinion.

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce & Kathleen:
I am wondering if this Breakaway might have been painted.

There is probably a paint code and color sticker somewhere. Perhaps up front behind the grille. A careful inspection of compartment door edges, windshield seal, bolt-on things and nicks might tell you something. Quite often a repainter will skip removing unpainted things and just mask them, leaving a tell-tale paint line.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Bill,
Yes, it seems that is the case. Since the last owner did not paint it, it must have been the original owner. They did a fine job. Looking over photos of 1993 and earlier Barths I do not see this paint scheme. Is it from a later year or do you think the owner just used his own scheme? Has anyone heard of or had problems with the factory paint? I wonder why the first owner painted it within the first 9 years...hopefully not because it was in a major accident.

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

posted Hide Post
Repaints are expensive. My guess would be the paint deteriorated and maybe was covered or partly covered under some sort of warranty? Maybe the original owner took the opportunity to "design" a paint scheme at the same time. I know if it were me, that's exactly what I would do given the same opportuninty. These coaches are more like airplanes and many people who own or have owned them are pilots or appreciate the aero like craftsmanship and take care of them more like an airplane than say the family car.
That's why I'm looking a a Barth for my first motorhome experience and certainly why you did too. I wouldn't "fly" one of today's "modern" fiberglass motorhomes, but a Barth? Contact!

1983 Mercedes 300 SD Turbo Diesel...
...Rudolph Diesel ran his first one on peanut oil, I use soybean in mine.
Looking for a nice Breakaway.

Posts: 11 | Location: Scotts Valley CA | Member Since: 03-25-2007Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
The paint codes on my Breakaway are attached to the dash hatch cover, through which you get access to dash wiring and fuses.

As for paint schemes, it would be rare for any two to be exactly alike. AFAIK, there are 4 '94 28' Breakaways like mine. There is absolutely nothing in common among the exterior decor.

Mine has never been repainted, but those who ask about it are amazed it's not four or five years old. Sikkem paint is about the best there is.

BTW, in reckoning relative ages of a Barth vs. plastic pigs, the latters' age is measured in dog years. A ten year old Barth is ten years old. A ten year old SOB is equivalent to a 70 year old Barth.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce & Kathleen:
Bill,
Has anyone heard of or had problems with the factory paint?

Yes. I have heard reports of several Barths going back for repaints. I think it was due to poor surface prep or priming. Living near the ocean, I certainly wish mine had been etched and pickled.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post