Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
1990 Barth Regency
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
Very nice indeed. Where in the rear veiw console that is supposed to sitting on the dash... like the 1990 Regency I have?

Fred & Cindy Cook
1990 32' Regency, Cummins

1990 32' Regency, Wide Body
Spartan Chassis, 8.3 CTA Cummins
4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
OK - I emailed some questions to Don but I haven't heard back. I figured I'd look less uninformed by writing to him in private, but maybe the following questions will be timely.

1. Does the coach have rust? I'm always skeptical about northern coaches, no matter how well they've been treated.

2. Is there any kind of "Jake Brake" or similar?

3. Looks like 2 air conditioners on the roof. Is that adequate for the deep south? We live in South Georgia and it takes 2 to cool my 26'GMC.

I've owned a '76 GMC Eleganza for a couple of years and am active in 2 clubs here. I enjoy the camaraderie, but I'm no mechanic. When something goes wrong I have to have it fixed. I like tinkering but I rarely fix anything without help.

There is a huge support network for the GMC. One of the best guys around lives just 2 miles from me, but I don't want to impose too much.

I've had my heart set on a Bluebird Wanderlodge all of my adult life, but I'm 65 and not sure I need that much coach anymore. I'm also not sure I can afford to drive it.

South Georgia is a long way from Niagara Ontario and it is even a longer way from Phoenix. Smiler

Give me an honest assessment of your feelings about the above. Thanks

Posts: 31 | Location: Americus, Georgia | Member Since: 05-06-2009Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Mr. Miller, if you can't fix much by yourself, you are essentially in my boat. So, the excellent knowledge base here will not do you a whole lot of good. Don's coach has certainly been maintained. HOWEVER, like Carl's, it WILL have problems.... No reflection on Don or Carl.

You and only you know what your budget is. You must budget for fixing one thing after another -- some imperative things, some would-be-nice-if things.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I've seen this coach on several occasions, and know Don's penchant for maintenance. It's one of the few Barths I'd buy with no more effort than getting the keys and going.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Our Barth is sold and on it's way to a new home in New Brunswick.
We hope the new owners have as much fun with it as we did.
Cheers
Don and Patty Leaming

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
just in the nick of time.
glad for you Don.
hope you continue to participate here regardless of having changed to park model.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Report This Post