Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
'85 Barth Regal 28" 454 Motorhome p-32 $6,000
 Login now/Join our community

posted Hide Post
It really does not matter if the OP drops the price to say $4000 as he does not answer any requests for more info. Maybe it's a Nigerian Scam?

Posts: 60 | Location: Tucson | Member Since: 12-25-2014Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/16
Picture of Quinn
posted Hide Post
If you haven't already done so, I'd suggest checking his personal profile and sending an email directly to his email address rather than relying on communication through the Barthmobile site. Some people don't come back and check their posts, or monitor the threads they've started.

89 28' Regal
Quad Bunks
P-30 454
8906-3623-28C-B

Posts: 235 | Location: San Leandro, California | Member Since: 08-06-2014Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of MichaelR
posted Hide Post
I finally was able to contact Jerry through his ad he placed on the Amarillo Craigslist,(1985 Barth $6000). He was very forthcoming with the info on the Barth. As for the engine....his mechanic told him that it was his opinion that the engine in the Barth was not the original. Jerry nor the PO,(I contacted him), have no info on when the replacement engine was installed. So is it the original, overhauled original, or a replacement? The compressions are good, it has a new carb and wiring harness and runs great. This was the Regal owned by Ed Chevalier,(correct spelling?). You can research all of his postings for more info on the Barth.
The tranny had to be replaced as it failed just 60 miles from the PO's house. Of course I asked,"Was there any indication that the tranny had problems when you test drove it". He has a very interesting story to tell. Ask him to share it. His experience can lead one to believe that there were some known issues with the tranny before Jerry arrived to make purchase.
He had intended on taking the Barth on a trip to Alaska, but could not turn down a great deal on a newer motorhome that his friend offered him. So the new motorhome will be the ride for the Alaska trip. Seems to be a great deal by what has been advertised.

806-241-2592 is the contact # listed for the craigslist ad.

Posts: 173 | Location: Greeneville TN | Member Since: 05-11-2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The 85 Barth is still for sell. I have been gone for last month or more traveling. Bart is a great deal for someone. If you have questions please call 806-241-2592.
Someone keeps calling wanting me to send him pictures then open a paypal account. I have been told it is a scam for they get your motorhome, strip it and then file to get their money back. You have to pay the money back and are up the creek about your motorhome.

85' Barth Regal 28' 454 Chevy

Posts: 39 | Location: Amarillo, TX | Member Since: 10-19-2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Bart is still for sell be garaged asking 5,000

posted Hide Post
My phone is 806-241-2592. Amarillo, Texas

Picture of Barth_Vader
posted Hide Post
I bought her today! Left the Jerry Jeff Walker concert last night, hopped in the car with a couple of friends a little after midnight and 25 hours later she's in my driveway. Thanks Jerry!

Posts: 48 | Location: austin tx | Member Since: 07-15-2014Report This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the site! Sounds like you got a drive away deal, always good to be on the road right away. Thumbs Up

Kepp in touch, let us know how things go.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Bart is no longer available. He has gone to (I
hope)is a family that will like him as much as I did.

Picture of Barth_Vader
posted Hide Post
Thanks again, it was a pleasure meeting you!

Posts: 48 | Location: austin tx | Member Since: 07-15-2014Report This Post