Search
Notify
Tools
1994 Breakaway
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
wow, quick sale..wish I could have gotten it..but didn't even get a reply to my offer.. :/ how is one ever to know to submit a better one..?

Mike W

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
I helped Stuallen post pictures and he had a lot if interest in his Barth from multiple many members. It does not surprise me his rig sold so quick.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Report This Post
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
I get the reason it was sold fast..it was a great rig..just was commenting on my effort and wish I had been kept in the loop..I would have come up..It did need a set of tires..

I haven't been on Barthmobile for a long time and I see these come and go to more senior members..Some folks want more than one..geeeze !..I do like the one time, a seller said, something to the effect: "I have an offer of $XXX's. If you want it, go above that by Monday.." or at least thru emails saying "...I have multiple offers of so-much, still interested...?

Guess I'll keep looking...

Mike W

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
If you received email from "stuallen" it is a scam. He got hacked and I am taking the liberty of apologizing here for the scam. Evidentially he posted his email here and it was used to send scam emails asking for money.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Report This Post
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
actually, the two emails or 3 emails I received from him in the beging were legit, taking about possible storage and tire size and advising the need probably to re-skin all 6 and last time he took a trip..Also mentioned reasons he was selling as it was a one family rig and included photos ( same ones later appearing in this thread)..He was going to forward a few more showing the engine compartment per my request after he returned from a weekend trip...... I also tried to reach thru the barth messaging system later but never got an answer. There was a large comcast email outage according to a google inquiry right in the middle of my attempting to contact Stu and the original emails sent by him as return messages were 'disappeared' later somehow..within the abyss of the net..outage responsible I suppose or gremlins of some sort...Not blaming him at all.. I guess I'm just talking overall about the process of selling..

Mike W

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Mike, as you can see, the buying/selling parts of the site tend to be the least consistent.

Many off site sellers post ads here and never return to check them. (Some of the them are not even owners, just consignment dealers, I think.) Often the contact info is marginal. Then we have the sellers who don't even have a coach, they just post picture of Quinn's coach and put it on craigslist! (It has been listed 4 or 5 times!)

Some sellers have unrealistic pricing and those coaches just sit there. Others are very well priced and will sell within a few days. You have to check often and move quickly on the good ones. Some never make it to the listing, as members will often offer their coaches first to other members. These are often some great deals.

Meanwhile the descriptions of the coaches vary from completely outrageous "drive-away" claims to understated minimal info. Caveat emptor unless you get a good inpection. Some don't even have the correct length or model listed. When they are sold the listing remains and many sellers do not delete it. Sometimes members post multiple listings of the same coach without checking for duplicates. Very confusing indeed.

It works the other way, too. Some of our members have sold nice coaches to buyers who then whine when they have to replace something on a 30 year old coach.

Overall, a messy business indeed. Good luck with your quest. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Report This Post
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
Hey Steve,

thanks for your council..good information and advice...

Mike W

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Thanks Stu, for a smooth transaction and great stewardship of a beautiful machine......I now can
join the Mary Ray Club of multi-Barth owners

So Lee it looks like a welcome to the Mary Ray CLUB are in order. I PM'd you a question? Nice Coach. Lot less polishing!

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Report This Post