Forums    Barth Coaches Sold    1988 Barth 28' Regal, 454, P-30 chassis, center twin layout, only 14,000 orig miles

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
1988 Barth 28' Regal, 454, P-30 chassis, center twin layout, only 14,000 orig miles
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I am looking at selling our 1988 28' Regal 454 gas P-30 chassis. It has the center twin layout. Nice blue/gray color scheme with leather captains chairs and leather seats at table. Only 14,000 original miles on the original engine. We are the second owner and have owned it for two years. The interior is outstanding (very little wear and tear ... original owner rarely used it ... only 11,500 miles on engine when we bought it) and the exterior shows minor wear and a couple dents. It has been stored inside for its entire life. We are moving from Wisconsin to Colorado and would like to put the money toward a house. We have updated to a cd/stereo, chrome wheel covers and some other minor changes. I have some video footage I shot of the interior and exterior from last summer that I can get on DVD for an interested buyer, I am also going to try and get it in a format that can be emailed and viewed on a computer. The Barth coach is located/stored in Wisconsin. Please call me on my cell phone to discuss (920)284-4444. This is an extremely clean unit that will sell quickly ... so take advantage of this opportunity.

Thanks,
Brad Schmolesky

Posts: 4 | Location: Appleton, WI | Member Since: 06-27-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
What are you asking for this unit?
Jeff

Posts: 37 | Location: Salem, Oregon, USA | Member Since: 06-18-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your interest Jeff ... someone is going to be travelling to take a look at it. If it doesn't work out for them ... I will let you know.

As you know, the price alone doesn't tell the story without understanding the value of what you are getting. We have seen units of this type from $2000 (junk units for parts) to over $20,000 depending on condition and extras. It starts with short descriptions, pictures and condition worksheets to get a general understanding ... but as we all know the proof is in seeing the actual condition first hand, touching, testing (running) all of the systems, sitting in seats, checking out the underside and top of the coach and everything inbetween, and just having some time to see if it 'fits' you, your family and what you are looking to do with it.

So if things don't work out with the person coming to see it ... I can email you some pictures, send you a DVD of some video I shot a couple years back and start the process of getting you all the info I can on the coach, its condition, how we used it, what I know of the previous owner, etc ... then it would make sense to talk about price.

Thanks,
Brad

posted Hide Post
It would be useful to have an asking price. I have no idea whether this coach is within my budget or borrowing power.

quote:
Originally posted by bschmolesky:
Thanks for your interest Jeff ... someone is going to be travelling to take a look at it. If it doesn't work out for them ... I will let you know.

As you know, the price alone doesn't tell the story without understanding the value of what you are getting. We have seen units of this type from $2000 (junk units for parts) to over $20,000 depending on condition and extras. It starts with short descriptions, pictures and condition worksheets to get a general understanding ... but as we all know the proof is in seeing the actual condition first hand, touching, testing (running) all of the systems, sitting in seats, checking out the underside and top of the coach and everything inbetween, and just having some time to see if it 'fits' you, your family and what you are looking to do with it.

So if things don't work out with the person coming to see it ... I can email you some pictures, send you a DVD of some video I shot a couple years back and start the process of getting you all the info I can on the coach, its condition, how we used it, what I know of the previous owner, etc ... then it would make sense to talk about price.

Thanks,
Brad

Posts: 8 | Location: san diego, ca, usa | Member Since: 04-06-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We are asking $23,000. The person that was going to travel to see it said their budget was lower than that so they opted not to make the drive. Let me know if you would like pictures emailed to you. Thanks.
Brad
cell (920)284-4444

Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Well it was windy on Route 41 but this Barth is now at its new home in Illinois!

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Report This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the "new to you" coach. I never did get any pictures of it yet. Let's expose it to the world.

Boy it sure was windy yesterday here in Minneapolis and I am sure you were getting the same weather just later. But at least it was the first kind of sunny day in monthis.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Report This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dave. Today the sky is perfect. Yes it was windy Sunday. I was doing 65 most of the time with oldest son making sure we got home okay following in his 2005 Dodge 3/4 ton 4 door pickup. I don't know who was happier, him with his 23+ MPG with a Cummins or me with a Barth that has spent its life in a heated storage area and looking like new inside and out. I will get pictures to you. Happy days JKB

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Report This Post