Search
Notify
Tools
Barth Regency 40 foot
 Login now/Join our community

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
When I sand-launched my ski boat, I modified the trailer to have a telescopic tongue extension. It had the added virtue of coming off completely to make the overall length shorter for storage. And hard to steal.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Bowers:
I think what Rusty is saying, (Rusty, don't you hate it when people do that) Rusty is saying that you have a really nice coach here. It should sell quickly, but......it's over priced by about $25K...man did I say that out loud...

Forgive me Lord.

Big Grin Almost, but kind of the opposite: Any used coach with sketchy details is going to get passed over by potential buyers, whether the details are missing from the ads or whether the owner can't supply them to a potential buyer.

In frustration I skipped a '90 30' Breakaway a couple of years ago because the owner couldn't (or wouldn't) tell me certain things - how much fuel and water, LPG tank size, age of tires, etc.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by alpaughcote:
1987 Barth Regency 40 ft.

77,526 miles
483.5 hours, (on the generator I believe)

front tires 4 years old
rear 4 tires 2-3 years old, Michlens

Interior Features
Hard wood floors in living area & kitchen-easy to keep clean
Fold away dining table with two chairs
Refrigerator/Freezer
Convection Oven/Microwave
Gas Stove Top
Washer and Dryer
Ice maker
Counter top blender
Latched food storage units
Bathroom with vanity/sink, toilet, and shower
Large his’ and her’s closets
Three furnaces for zoned heating - we never used them, will need updating
2 A/C units, one each, bedroom and living area
Televisions front and rear, directional antenna on roof
Bed with storage under and cabinets around room.
Privacy shades as well as sheer shades.

Layout front and rear similar to layout posted below. Up front where they show chairs we have a leather sofa across from the sofa bed. The queen bed in the back is the same layout. The change is the hallway and kitchen. Walking from the bed there is a 3-1/2 ft. closet to the left and another one on the right. Then on the left is the entire bathroom, sink against closet, toilet against the outside wall, and shower backed up to kitchen wall. The washer & dryer are stacked in their own closet across the hall from bathroom, next to the W&D there is a utility closet. Next to that closet is a food pantry with locking drawers. Now you step into the kitchen; Refrigerator/freezer on the left, then the chairs and hideaway table. On the right is the stove and M/C oven above, then kitchen counter with built in blender, ice maker, double sink, one is small prep sink, then the door to outside. Hope this helps viualize it while I get the drawing done.

Exterior Features
Power step for getting in and out
Roll out awnings on both sides
Ladder for access to roof
Side lights for backing at night

Power Features
Caterpillar engine - rear, under bed, so it is quiet when you are driving
Power Steering
Allison Automatic Transmission
Nuematic stabilizers - for leveling at camp site
Generator - forward, below driver for quiet operation when sleeping
Back up camera, display overhead by driver
Electrical - easy to access, very well laid out
Batteries for engine -
Batteries for coach interior needs - shut off switch
To see these and all the other features call Ray or Beth to arrange an appointment. 603.924.6079 - Peterborough, NH - more photos available via email

Asking for best offer, (I understand our pricing at $55,000 was above book value). Reasonable offers will be considered. We hate to see a good machine sit, so I hope someone has the time to enjoy her.

"Slide Show"
SLIDE SHOW

Posts: 8 | Location: new Hampshire | Member Since: 07-21-2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
1987 Barth Regency 40 ft.

Interior Features
Hard wood floors in living area & kitchen-easy to keep clean
Fold away dining table with two chairs
Refrigerator/Freezer
Convection Oven/Microwave
Gas Stove Top
Washer and Dryer
Ice maker
Counter top blender
Latched food storage units
Bathroom with vanity/sink, toilet, and shower
Large his’ and her’s closets
Three furnaces for zoned heating - we never used them, will need updating
2 A/C units, one each, bedroom and living area
Televisions front and rear, directional antenna on roof
Bed with storage under and cabinets around room.
Privacy shades as well as sheer shades.
Full size shower

Exterior Features
Power step for getting in and out
Roll out awnings on both sides
Ladder for access to roof
Side lights for backing at night
Front tow hitch receiver

Power Features
Caterpillar engine - rear, under bed, so it is quiet
when you are driving
Power Steering
Allison Automatic Transmission
Nuematic stabilizers - for leveling at camp site
Generator - forward, below driver for quiet opera-
tion when sleeping
Back up camera, display overhead by driver
Electrical - easy to access, very well laid out
Batteries for engine -
Batteries for coach interior needs - shut off switch
To see these and all the other features call Ray or Beth to arrange an appointment. 603.924.6079 - Peterborough, NH - more photos available via email

Asking $30,000

"Slide Show"

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Much better - and the price is quite realistic.

As the lawyers say, res ipsa loquitor - "The thing speaks for itself" - which applies to the interior, but a potential buyer will need much reassurance about the mechanicals...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
I think if someone is looking for a very high quality coach at a reasonable price they don't need to look farther than here. Gillig chassis are bullet proof, the CAT 3208 can be replaced for $10K. I have a friend who has a 38 foot 1987 Regency and he has driven it all over the US with out a problem. He just got married for the first time at age 60 so I suppose it will be for sale sometime in the future.

This coach looks very nice.

She is a beauty on the highway too. We took her to Southworth Milton the regional Caterpillar service center for a check up when we got her. They said she was clean as a whistle and just barely broken in. Any good diesel should get 250,000 miles with little trouble if it is cared for. I'll try to get to the documentation for details this weekend. We had the windshield wiper unit replced as it had a leak and would loose air. Other than that I think everything we have used has worked well.

Beth

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bill h:
quote:
Let me know what other usefull information I can add to the site and I will.

Thank you.

Beth

Beth, my crank is a floor plan. I have made some choices I did not enjoy as time went on. We learned a lot. Now whenever we shop for a new RV, Susan insists on a floor plan. Women are really into things like kitchen layout, pantries and closets. She would not get in the car to look at a MH without seeing a floor plan first.

Now I'm the same way.

So, measure and draw a floor plan or buy Dave's CD and see which one you have and make it part of the ad. It might make the difference in a crank like me coming to look at it or not.

Your coach looks like a person who likes the layout will like the rest of it.

Here is a sketch, hope it helps.

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I don't think there's a better deal than this on a gargantuan motorhome anywhere right now.

I know a lot of Barthers will disagree, but I've always considered the Cat 3208 (even the 3208 TA) to be, properly maintained, a 250K mile engine.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
As the lawyers say, res ipsa loquitor - "The thing speaks for itself" - which applies to the interior...
I had a potential buyer from the midwest contact me about this coach - Would the person who is planning on flying out here to look at this please contact me again.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello,
I looked at this coach and went over it from top to bottom. To purchase this coach at their firm price, and get it presentable and workable for me, would take me into the cost of a coach that would be a more recent year and model.
Bye and good luck,

Posts: 15 | Location: MA | Member Since: 02-14-2006Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
This unit has been sold
quote:
We sold our Barth just before the snows hit this area. Hopefully she is in Southern California by now.

When we are ready for our next Barth we do know where to look.

Have a great 2008.

Beth
I congratulated them on the sale and asked if they saw the coach on Barthmobile... their resonse
quote:
A couple had just looked at another coach and were not
thrilled with it. On their way back to their friend's
house they saw our Barth. After his wife saw the
washer and dryer she took the for sale sign down. Smiler
It helped that I had recently been cleaning so the
vacuum was still in there and they were impressed
with its condition.

Great machines. Hope to own another some day. I'll be
in touch when we are ready. I send people there often.

I don't think any of the pictures I sent of our 40'
Regency ever got on the gallery. She was a beauty.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post