Notify
Tools
IN. 1986 Barth 28' Regal
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I'm not a fan of green, but that coach just looks fine!

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
FKA: PL77
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your quick responses, JLB, and for your input, Rusty. I'm not in a place to pick this one up right now, but I think I may have piqued someone's interest. Gimme a few days and you may have a buyer; he's never owned a coach and has to slowly warm to the idea. But he really liked the look of those pictures, more so than I figured he would, so give him a couple of days to dream a bit. I know he's heading down to Michigan for easter, so he may just keep on trucking down to Indiana with a check, if it's still sitting there. Wink

It's great to know that it's been cared for so well by your father. If this fellow purchased it I think your father would find someone with a similar pride of ownership.

posted Hide Post
Does it have the original engine and trans in it?

Posts: 136 | Location: IL | Member Since: 08-25-2005Report This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Before dissing the paint job one should look at the 86 Broderson Regal, which has a nearly identical graphic scheme, in browns instead of greens. BTW, if I hadn't spent so much over the last couple years bringing our Euro up to snuff, I would have bought this coach 2 days ago and it would be in the "sorry bout your luck" forum by now. Even got a "Oh my word" out of Suzy when I showed her the pix! This is THE coach! Buy IT!!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3481 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Hi DZ, I wasn't dissing the paint job, I think I was hit by the green carpet, but it looks like very high quality carpet and could get used to is real quick.

The outside is exquisite.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
How funny you mention the carpet!!
My father actually just retired and had an auction to close his Carpet store he owned for 30+ years. Nothing was ever to good for his coach, so I would not be surprised at all if he got the best possible quality he could to put in it. There are many rugs in the coach that he had made in the same carpet that is throughout.

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Oddly enough, the carpet is nearly identical to what we have in our living room, at least as close as I can remember it being 10 years ago. The graphics I was refering to are the swooshes. I have heard a few "disses" about not following the Barth tradition of straight line paint jobs. As Dave says, this is one fine looking paint job, as is the rest of the coach. Did you notice the "wings" on the table? The fine lighting fixtures throughout? The incredible upholstery in the front area? The littlest details like the railing at the front of the counter? Darn, if I have tomorrow off I just might go buy this thing yet!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3481 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
I just spoke with Jerry the owner and it is unbelievable the amount of stuff he has added to this coach. Obviously, IMO worth more than book. How much more??????

If you are looking for a very nice coach and can probably drive away, this may be it.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Report This Post
Picture of Cassie and Steve
posted Hide Post
Oh my! What a beautiful coach! I thought I was looking at ours at first, the bathroom and bedroom area is just exactly like ours (ours is an '84 28ft model), the layout is exactly like ours also, but ours is in beige and browns. I really love this one! We get 'our' baby out of storage this next weekend. Yippeeee!!!

Posts: 17 | Location: west central ohio; ie: Celina | Member Since: 11-25-2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I keep trying to get my in-laws to spring for this one, JLB, but so far they're playing hard to get. I can only twist his rubber arm so far before it springs back and punches me in the nose...

It's a shame, because I know they'd be completely happy with this coach once they got it.

Posts: 45 | Location: Canada | Member Since: 03-19-2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I never saw a answer to the question about the engine, drivetrain. Has the engine, trans been rebuilt at any time. I like the look of it but with over a 140,000 miles, the drive train would need to be looked at close.

david
first post.

david

Posts: 1 | Location: York, pa | Member Since: 04-10-2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I read through this listing [beautifuly Barth] and was unable to determine two things. First, is this unit still available? Second, where exactly are the additional photos? Thanks.

In search of a vintage Barth.

Posts: 8 | Location: Chambersburg, PA | Member Since: 10-24-2007Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Katoman1932:
First, is this unit still available?
Did you try calling the number in the ad?

It is: Feel free to Contact Jerry at xxx-xxx-xxxx
quote:
Originally posted by Katoman1932:
Second, where exactly are the additional photos?
This question, I have an answer for. Dave did a mass deletion of photos from his PhotoBucket.com account and this unit had these additional pictures deleted.

You can read more about this in his post titled... My Bad...Very Bad

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post