Notify
Tools
IN. 1986 Barth 28' Regal
 Login now/Join our community

posted
THIS COACH IS SOLD

Smiler FOR SALE!!
1986 Barth 28' Regal Motor Coach
Has never seen winter, always kept inside!
Some of the amenities for this beauty are;
**HWH Levelers**
**2 - 13,500 Air conditioners**
**Roof Storage Pod**
** New Paint with clear coat**
**Zip Dee Awning**
**Awnings on all windows**
**Refridgerator with ice maker 2 years old**
**Carpet throughout 3 years old**
**Microwave/Confection oven**
**Day / Night shades throughout**
**Brand New tires on the front**
**Rear tires about 5 years old**
**6.5 Onan Generator overhauled by Onan in 2004**
**146,000 Miles**
**P30 Chassy**
**454 Chevy Engine**
**New Brakes on the back about 3 years ago, a new set of front brakes comes with it, but the front doesn't need replaced**
**2nd owner, have had it for about 12 years now. Has not been traveled for the last couple years due to it has been sitting on the same campsite during the summers and stored in the winter.

Asking ***$18,500.00*** OBO
Only serious inquires please!!

Located in Milford, Indiana 46542

This is an absolute must see!! My father is selling this and would love to answer any questions you may have.
Feel free to Contact Jerry at xxx-xxx-xxxx

Pictures of the inside will be added soon so be sure to check back for updates and additional information that is requested.

FKA: PL77
posted Hide Post
That's a nice looking unit!

Any chance of interior shots? I'd love to know how this unit was appointed inside.

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
What is the little door just above the grill?

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your interest.. I will go and get a few shots of the inside. Please check back in a few hours for the pictures.. The layout is a rear bath with twin beds in center.
Thanks again!!

posted Hide Post
Thanks for your interest. That is the oil fill for the engine. That is not a factory door, it was installed later for the convenience of filling the motor oil.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Located in Milford, Indiana 46542

Sounds like this one never left the nest Smiler
A real beauty!
Do you have any history on it?.......

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
I just added some pictures, very nice coach. if we like green, which we all do.....right?

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Where did you add them, Dave?

Or am I just blind?

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pl77:
Where did you add them, Dave?

Or am I just blind?

Nah, you're not blind. The coach was in the stealth mode when Dave took the last pictures.

The stealth mode was a prototype option offered only to trusted employees of Barth who lived locally. Its primary use was for overnight boondocking in roadside parking lots, to avoid being rousted by local cops in RV-unfiendly communities.

The scientists who devised the system were the same folks behind the Navy's Philadelphia Experiment. I have it on very good authority that it worked much better on the Barths, though. It is unusual to see that option on a 28 foot coach, though, as the large generator necessary to power the Stealth Option took up a lot of space.

There is one person still alive who knows all about this, but he ain't talkin'. Says he hates this forum and ain't gonna share nothin' with us. Frowner

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Ooooh, that'll make a perfect hiding spot for when the in-laws unexpectedly show up.

Must edit post, as I sent the link to my father-in-law.

posted Hide Post
I absolutely agree!!!! Soooooo, would you like to set up a time to come get it?? Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Actually, over the weekend I was about 2.5 hours away, and seriously considered making a detour. Unfortunately, time did not permit, and now I am almost 7 hours away Frowner

Still waiting to see those other pics that Dave promised...pleeeeease?

EDIT: Actually, this one seems perfect for an newly-retired in-law of mine who keeps expressing interest in purchasing an RV. Since this chap is not RV-savvy, is there anything about this unit that would make it inappropriate for a new user? He knows his way around a wrench, but is not a "rebuild the carb on the side of the road" kind of guy. I'll try to get in touch with him tonight, but if those interior pictures could be posted that might really help me get him interested.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Sorry, if anybody is following how well I have done on the website today, you will want to fire me... I forgot that just putting them in by Photobucket doesn't help you'all.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
No worries, Dave, I should have checked your photobucket long before. I just forgot the address and had to dig it out of the forums Smiler

We love your site, keep up the good work!

How strong is the engine in this puppy? Would it need a preemptive water pump replacement or anything before it hit the road?

posted Hide Post
As I said this is an absolute must see.. My father is actually almost anal when it comes to this coach. Roll Eyes He is very proud of it and has taken very good care of it. The only reason he is selling is because he has closed up his store and retired so he purchased a park model the end of last year, he is ready to stay put rather than all the traveling.

It is very road worthy and I am sure it needs absolutly no work to it that he is aware of. If it did I gaurantee he would have it fixed immediately!!