Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
77 34ft 29,000 miles $4,000.00 or BO
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I got this barth about a year ago it needed a little work on it and still does. I have no time and hate to see it go but I have to many projects It runs good, drives good, brakes good, tires good. Everything works! (except the air horn)
There was a leak above the driver side and the paneling had to be removed I have the wood pieces for the cabinets. they need to be replaced. the rest of this barth is in good shape as you can see by the pics. the winshield has a small pit from a stone. out side of that the glass is excellant. there are no dings ,dents or any major issues I know of. the drive train is 454 chevy automatic tranz. I'm in lansing mi. my number is xxx-xxx-xxxx Thanks for looking Tim

Posts: 8 | Location: eagle mi. | Member Since: 02-20-2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are some more pictures

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Thank you for taking the time to read the suggestions before posting and for including your data tag info in the pictures. This makes the second time that a member has included this info in their post.

From the "Barth Coaches For Sale" area
quote:
...Try to include the “Data Tag” info in your post and read the tutorial titled...
Your coach is indeed a 34 footer. We have had too many people tell us a coach was longer then the actual size and was able to confirm this with that data tag.

Tim, your coach looks like it has great potential and I wish you all the luck in selling it on our site.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
What a unique floor plan. I can see 8-10 going to the game or race riding in comfort, and the rear bed doubling as face to face couches is pretty slick. I doubt this one will last long.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Wow, what a sight THIS machine would be, totally polished to a mirror finish! Using the Nuvite multi-grit system with the right power tools, I'd guesstimate about 120-150 manhours (When it comes to bare-metal polishing, assume any Barth to have a surface area of about 3-1/2 acres - this one might even be a little more Wink)...

A real time investment,and maybe $500 in materials, but one that would turn heads wherever you went.....

Then, hit the Lotto and turn the interior work over to a Prevost converter....

Good thing I'm old and happy with my little 24 footer, or I'd get excited over this challenge!

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I am adding this to my posting:::: I am about to send this beautiful piece of history to the scrap yard!!! I don't have storage for it and alluminum pays almost a buck a pound ! If I don't get a reasonable offer, I'm sure I can part this thing out. Just like everyone else in michigan we are running out of money and there isn't much work.
If there is any parts you would be interested in. Send me an email with what you are interested in and how much you think is a fair price. If there is a question you have about anything on the barth just ask. I am running out of toys to sell
Next up is my one of one 35th ann convert camaro by berger. If you have any interest in this home MAKE ME AN OFFER!!! I won't be upset Just try not to be ridiculus My email is timthetimmer@hotmail.com Much as I hate to do this it's better that the alternatives Thanks Tim

Picture of Dalton
posted Hide Post
What a nice unit, but what a shame to part this out, but we all got to do what we got to do. I picked up my unit recently, but what was I thinking? Insurance, upkeep, repairs, and have to hope I can fill the Baby up with fuel. But took it out on the long weekend and well.. aside from a few issues a great unit for camping. Hope I can keep it. Cause well it is a expensive but hopfully sustainable option.
1975 19' c class

Posts: 61 | Location: Calgary AB | Member Since: 04-03-2008Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
Hey Tim - I tried to e-mail you a parts offer (if it comes to parting out your Barth) but the message returned undeliverable. Anyway if your airhorn system is operational and can be disassembled, I am in need of an air tank, 12v compressor, and electric switch to finish my RV's air horn project. Please let me know when you can - thanks!

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Just a couple of notes to improve interest The roof leak was at the seam where the roofline bumps up. It was repaired with GM seam sealer and new rivets. The leak was short lived and there is no odor! The leak happenend over the winter and the water was frozen when I got it and I didn't notice until I pulled it into my shop and it thawed!! made a big mess in a hurry but the good part I saw it happening and got right after it. the coach has been stored in a heated warehouse since. I will be loosing my storage in about two weeks so if you have any interest call me or email me I forgot to mention the generator is a 6.5 onan and runs good. you can contact me at xxx-xxx-xxxx or xxxxxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com Thanks Tim

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of Jeff & Joy
posted Hide Post
Can anyone tell me what questions I should ask in regards to this coach? I got the 150 man hours thing, should keep my husband busy for a little bit. We want a Barth pretty bad and are okay with sweating a bit to get one. Do you think this is a diamond in the rough, or a money pit?

thanks, Joy

Posts: 144 | Location: wolverine, michigan | Member Since: 07-24-2008Report This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
If I was in the market, and if I lived anywhere near Michigan, I'd be all over this coach. If it's still available, go see it. You'll love working on it because the more you do the more you'll appreciate what a great coach Barth built.

79 Barth Classic

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I'll echo Danny's enthusiasm and suggest that you at least go and look at it. Wink

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
If it was closer to me it would have been mine the day he put it up for sale. The floor plan is just what I need.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of Jeff & Joy
posted Hide Post
OMG!, I just became the proud owner of a Barth. You probably can't tell but I think I may have gotten a bit taller, or maybe that is just the pride shinning through. We are pretty excited and real anxious to go pick her up thanks for your help and words of support. We will stay in touch, I will at least while Jeff is outside with the buffing wheel!!!

Posts: 144 | Location: wolverine, michigan | Member Since: 07-24-2008Report This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I am soooo glad this coach didn't go to the scrapyard. Congrats, and feel free to be like everyone else here, asking questions,[ there are no stupid ones], posting pics of your progress, and just staying in touch.

79 Barth Classic