Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
25' 1973
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Bill Stevson
posted
Changes in life circumstances require parting with our classic 1973 Barth. It is the 25' model, measures 26' bumper to bumper. It's on the P-30 chassis, has the 454 engine with 73xxx miles. It had a new exhaust system (no headers) and was painted just before we got it and we've always kept it garaged when not in use. The first thing I did was have the front end worked on, replaced the bearings and some other parts (I've tried to save all receipts but don't have them handy). Added new Bilstien shocks, new carb and HEI ignition with Accel spiral core plug wires. I replaced the old toilet with a new Bravura, got new upholstery on the cushions and twin beds (it is the rear-bath model), new window glazing and tinting all around and installed a new fresh water pump last year. It has a 4K Onan that still does the job (and powered most of our house during the past winter power outage). It has one roof air conditioner that is newer/not original. The dash air also works well. The 15" Michelin tires look like new but I will have to check on actual age. I have tried to take it for a short drive at least once a month so it hasn't set too long at any time since I got it. The original fridge still works but I have been planning on replacing it, other than that I don't know of anything it needs. It is located near Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri. I wouldn't be afraid to drive it anywhere. I think it is worth $7,000. What do you think? email stevson@------- or call 000-000-0000. Bill

Bill & Diane
1973 25'

Posts: 113 | Location: Macks Creek, MO | Member Since: 11-02-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I have no idea what it's worth, but it surely does look great!

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Why is the bussel on this model?

Posts: 1067 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Bill and Diane
Wish you weren't so far from Oregon so unless you'd drive it out here, or someone back there could look at it for me I am not comfortable making any kind of an offer. It looks great however. I'm wondering if the former owners told you what kind of paint was used on the outside and where it was painted?
Jan

Posts: 4 | Location: springfield, OR | Member Since: 08-02-2004Report This Post
Picture of Bill Stevson
posted Hide Post
The PO said he painted it himself with Imron inside his airplane hangar. IMHO it was a very professional job.

Bill & Diane
1973 25'

Posts: 113 | Location: Macks Creek, MO | Member Since: 11-02-2003Report This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
A beauutiful coach for sure! Is the white paint on the cabinets a quality job? What exactly is the cooktop setup? If it's a micro-convection overhead that's a huge plus, and it looks like a filtered exhaust fan in the rear. If the fridge works and doesn't smell like ammonia I'd just use it till it dies and get a new one, about a grand for a a good replacement that size. With all the lookers checking in lately I'd think somebody should check this coach out and if it's as nice as it looks, BUY IT!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill.

Any chance you could get more pictures? (...I realize taking pics of a small MH particularly a bathroom requires allot of creativity but it would be appreciated). I'm also wondering if the cabinets are all original or if the drawers were refaced. Not that it makes any difference but the factory paint is seemingly more durable than home-owner-purchased paint...as evidenced by the dings in my kitchen cabinets. Also, how many years have you owned it and how many miles have you driven it over the last 2 or 3 years?

Posts: 4 | Location: springfield, OR | Member Since: 08-02-2004Report This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
For what it is worth I had the chance to ride in this Barth in October,2007 for at least 25 miles . The ride was as good as my 1986 Regal 28' and the paint job is outstanding. The seat are newer and give a great ride.

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Report This Post
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SLOOP JOHN B:
For what it is worth I had the chance to ride in this Barth in October,2007 for at least 25 miles . The ride was as good as my 1986 Regal 28' and the paint job is outstanding. The seat are newer and give a great ride.

Time traveling coach, got to have it.

Posts: 1067 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Report This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
OK, so it was in a dream, but back in Oct. 2006 the ride was good and the wine the next night was not bad at all.

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Report This Post
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SLOOP JOHN B:
OK, so it was in a dream, but back in Oct. 2006 the ride was good and the wine the next night was not bad at all.

Good dream and better reality. Still wondering what is the aft bussle purpose, part of the head?
TIA

Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
As I remember it was a trunk which held a spare tire ,tools and a load of firewood that Bill had taken along for us to use when we made stakes over a wood fire.

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Thanks

Picture of Bill Stevson
posted Hide Post
Danny, the paint on the cabinets has held up well. The PO said he painted them to brighten up the interior. I actually had second thoughts on buying it because of that. After bringing it home I spent much time contemplating what to do with them. Finally, I removed and painted all of the door handles and thought the contrast made a great improvement on the overall appearance.

The stove is the original four-burner propane with oven above. It does have two powered roof vents but I think what you are seeing in the rear is the roof-top ac, not an exhaust fan.
The fridge has no odor and still does the job but seems quite noisy at night.
John is right about the "hump" in back; it is for storage, not part of the head.

Bill & Diane
1973 25'

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I was refering to the area directly above the cooktop and below the oven. It looks like a filtered exhaust fan from the 70's. The noisy fridge is a new one on me. We replaced ours in year 2 and it doesn't make any noise that I know of, but I snore loud enough to drown out a Generac next door!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Report This Post