Search
Notify
Tools
AZ ~ 1992 Regency 34' Custom Barth for sale
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
I have a call into Richard and I left him my cell phone number. I hate to even ask questions before I have cash in hand but at least I will get a bit more information on this beast and post for your viewing pleasure.

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, it is still for sale. The side doors on the outside of the unit that go above the rub rail are for a washer and drier combo. Very overbuilt for serious travel. She needs a little tlc but not in the mechanical areas to speak of. Could use a new coat of paint but I can handle that and the tires are sure to be a bit dry.

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/15
Picture of stringmann
posted Hide Post
I spoke with the seller and took notes a few years ago (Barth buyer's checklist). I don't have those notes in front of me, but based on those conversations I did not make the trip to see it, even when I was going to be in AZ.

Posts: 118 | Location: Atlanta, GA USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
stringman have you found your notes?it would be interesting to find out from your checklist what factors made you not make the trip to look at unit/why are you not responding to interest in your unit on forum roklobster?thanks to all interest in this unique unit.

Posts: 48 | Location: gilroy ca | Member Since: 11-15-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think he gets on the site very much but he will answer the phone for serious inquiries. As far as I can tell from a conversation on the phone, it needs work on one of the three hydrolic leveling jacks (I wonder why there is only three.. the only other Barth I have seen that has three is Jeff and Joys 77. I guess it does'nt matter but I am concerned if one jack will pick up the front of a 37,000lb coach in the occasion that you want to change a tire), The washer/dryer needs some repair, the unit was originally outfitted with two sets of airbags for the back axle to get the unit thru rougher terrain and the secondary set has been disabled (probably due to air leakage), She needs new paint, the tires are ok he says but I am really funny about having really good tires and the Michelins that are a bit old and not cheap, and the captains chairs and front sofa need to be reupholstered or replaced. These are the things I know right now but keep in mind I am very picky about details and making sure everything runns as good as it should. When I bought my little coach, most everything worked and I still spent 10,000 dollars in the first 2 years making everything look and work what I considered "properly". I will be receiving some pictures from "roklobster" some time soon and I will ask if it is ok to post them here. O yeah, one more thing.. there is not that much storidge space in the exterior compartments due to the backup systems necessary for travel across the continent. The original owner spared little expense to make sure that he had everything all the time. The roof aparently has a winch (thats what "Roklobster" called it...this may be a davit) to lower down a canoe or anything else you may have on the roof. That roof is all diamond plate by the way. Serious coach for sure, but I believe it will require a equally serious wallet to return her to her former glory. Now don't take me wrong, I bet she would make the trip to Michigan easily enough so I am probably being paranoid and picky. After all, Tina and I don't take much time out to do laundry on vacation anyways.

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin:
he has lowered the price to $45,000 firm.

Back in 2004, when I was considering buying it, the price was quite a bit lower.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
So bizzarre in so many ways.
He didn't bother to look at the books.
He didn't bother to take any of his own photos.
The outside looks more military or home land security than military and home land security vehicle actually do. The inside would appeal to very, very few people but does, to its credit, have slightly more inherent R factor.
Minimal exterior storage for its size is a significant deterrent for many.
Kris identified several area$ that will cost many dollar$. A new Splendide alone is near a grand.
Never the less, I am glad the thread came back to life because the coach always intrigued me. In my head, this coach was the one with the huge front diesel. Now I see I had that wrong. It remains fascinating, albeit unappealing.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
This one I'd like to see in person.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
is anyone ever going to get photos from this owner. he promised back in 2008 to supply photos detailing the whole coach. come on roklobster. get er done.

Posts: 48 | Location: gilroy ca | Member Since: 11-15-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/10
Picture of Andrew
posted Hide Post
I spoke to Richard yesterday and he said this coach has been sold to a guy in Canada.

1978 P32 w/454
s7708 2284 MC27 S-3

My dad makes me wanna Barth!

Posts: 20 | Location: Saranac Lake, NY | Member Since: 09-01-2010Report This Post