Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
AZ ~ 1992 Regency 34' Custom Barth for sale
 Login now/Join our community

posted
1992 Barth Custom 34 foot diesel pusher.Asking $65,000.It has the 325horse catapiller 3176 turbo diesel pusher with only 20k miles...It was custom built by Barth...These coaches were mostly custom built and Barth is no longer in business. The original cost of this to build was in the neighborhood of 400 grand. Today it would probably cost a million dollars to replicate this coach. It has an allison transmission three roof ac/heat units. double baseboard heating units double hot water heaters,

You will never find any diesel pusher like this anywhere in the world. It is truly a one of a kind custom build.

Research Barth coaches and you will see they were the best coaches built in their time. Comparable to todays Prevost coaches. They are all aluminum and this thing sits on a Gillig Chassis with full air suspension/air brakes/air throttle and a full air tool setup on the front generator. winch for the spare/etc. All new tires 2000 miles ago and all new batteries last year. It holds 6 full size diesel batteries for coach power, two batteries for the diesel and an enclosed battery with shutoff for the generator.
Rediculous custom interior all wood leather and copper. The couches and captains chairs are all supple brown leather. The floors are all mesquite with all custom wood cabinetry. window surounds are leather with wood blinds it has copper countertops and a full size jacuzzi tub with copper surround. all the faucets are high end brass. it has a washer/dryer, full interior accoutrements. It was built to go anywhere and has a 150 gallon diesel fuel tank and a 14.4 kilowatt Yanmar generator that would power a small city. this was rediculously overbuilt and the entire interior was designed by a Custom Boat Builder out of Newport Beach so it has Bowmar hatches and marine grade fittings on all the cabinetry.

there is way too much to list here...I could literally go on and on and on with what this coach has..
I also have all the original build sheets showing every build detail electrical/plumbing/ interior/exterior...etc

Alpine stereo with outside speaker system and dual amps.. Dual inverters for keeping the batteries all charged when parked and dual shore power both 50 amp and a backup 30 amp limited system if your shore power doesnt' have 50 amp somewhere.

Once in a lifetime opportunity

520 977 4115 in Tucson

Posts: 3 | Location: az | Member Since: 03-08-2008Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
$500,000 new?! Whoa. I didn't know any Barth ever got close to that kind of price. That certainly is beautiful woodwork. Got any photos of the exterior?

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I distinctly remember this motorhome on ebay about two years ago and it did not sell.the story then was much different about who produced it.and now the sellor says he has owned it for some years the sellor does not know what type of engine it is only that it is a cat and is not sure how many cylinders.how can one own a motorhome of this type and not know what pushes it.there is something wrong with the information of this motorhome.

Posts: 7 | Location: victoria,b.c.canada | Member Since: 04-15-2006Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
I remember this coach. It was on EBay in December 2004, as item 4514327936. It was advertised as having the 10 liter 3176 engine. It was also advertised as a 91 at that time. It would be interesting to know what numbers are on the data tag.

The picture here is the same as the Ebay picture. Either that, or the same cars are parked outside.

It went a little past my comfort price, but I can't remember exactly what it ended up selling for. Perhaps someone here will remember.

I think it sold for a little less than a half mil, too. I will see if I can find the info the seller sent me.

NADA shows the new list price for a 91 32 footer with 300 hp to be $209,450.

Of course, this is a custom model, as are many Barths, so the price was surely higher.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
The marine-grade joinery doesn't come cheap. Half a megabuck may be a bit on the high side, but, IMHO, by no more than 25%.

The 3176 is a superb engine, but it dates back to the early '90s. Since diesels tend to have about the same specific fuel consumption, the 10.3L 3176 should provide fuel economy in the same range as the cummins 8.3 (a pretty economical mill).

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bill h:
The picture here is the same as the Ebay picture. Either that, or the same cars are parked outside.
If you right click on the picture that is loaded onto our site, it says Ebay in the description. EBay_Motor_Home_33.jpg

This appears to be the same seller, and stock photo, they have used in the past.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
We had a big discussion about this RV a few years ago on this forum, maybe someone can find it in our past forums.

Ralph

Ralph Glover
1976 27' Barth
P-30 454
1998 Tracker Toad

Posts: 167 | Location: LaFontaine, IN,USA | Member Since: 07-03-2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by don malcolm:
I distinctly remember this motorhome on ebay about two years ago and it did not sell.the story then was much different about who produced it.and now the sellor says he has owned it for some years the sellor does not know what type of engine it is only that it is a cat and is not sure how many cylinders.how can one own a motorhome of this type and not know what pushes it.there is something wrong with the information of this motorhome.

Don,
I told you I believed it was a Cat 3208 I checked the owners manual and actually I was wrong about that...It is a Catapiller 3176 325 horse turbo diesel...I'm not really knowledgeable about diesel engines so the only thing I couldn't remember was if that was actually the right number for the engine. I would venture to guess that if you asked the original owner what motor it had he couldn't tell you the model number either, although I'm sure he would remember that it had the biggest best motor that Barth could sell him in that model. Actually, knowing him I would bet good money on that. I havn't looked at the books since I bought it so I couldn't remember the motor number. It's been professionally maintained by the Cat dealer here in Tucson

You are right...The previous owner, the one who built it new did have it on ebay before I bought it in 2004. He had a 90k reserve on it and it didn't bid anywhere close to that so he offered it to me.I didn't pay 90k for it and I didn't buy it on Ebay. This is one of the pictures that was on ebay because he sent me these pics when I bought it and they are the only ones I had readily accessible.

.He is a close family friend and I can document that he commissioned it new as well as the cost to design/build. I am the second owner.. I don't appreciate my integrity and honesty being called into question although I can appreciate you wanting to inform any fellow Barth members if something really is suspect. There was a lot of discussion on here when I bought it..a lot of it by me....and the forum members here were very helpful to me in me working out some of the things I couldn't figure out... Thank you all who helped me to figure out the little excentricities of this wonderful coach.

There is also a Youtube video containing these same pictures that is a Barth Documentary that another buyer pointed out to me. The youtube video describes this Barth as a 34 foot and calls it an outback addition. This information is incorrect. If Barth had an outback addition, this was not it. The design alone on this coach cost upwards of 50k and it was designed by a boat builder that the original owner met in Newport Beach at a Boat show.

Also, as to the story being different when it was on Ebay, the original owner had an RV dealer marketing it on Ebay for them because they are very private people and didn't want details of their personal life, who they are, or the money they spent on this coach being divulged to random buyers. I will continue to honor their request that information about them not be divulged to the public.

Also..This is a 1991 Gillig Chassis, but due to taking nearly two years to build, it is titled as a 1992 Barth. I hope this clears up any confusion.

There is nothing funny going on here and I can document and prove anything I have stated.

thanks for your interest in the coach.

Richard/aka Roklobster

First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roklobster:
There was a lot of discussion on here when I bought it..a lot of it by me....and the forum members here were very helpful to me in me working out some of the things I couldn't figure out...

Richard/aka Roklobster

Could you help us locate the discussion on this coach? A search for posts by Roklobster "Member since 3-08-2008" yielded nothing. A search for a poster named "Richard" was similarly unsuccessful. A search for outback yielded nothing.

The coach still interests me, despite the high price and Susan's lack of enthusiasm for front entry.

How about some more interior pictures and a floor plan?

It really NEEDS to be owned by a desert boondocker. Smiler

Or the Rat Patrol.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
The only thing that I've found is a picture that Dave did a few years back.

Looking at these pictures, the Ebay photomark in the lower right hand corner is visible in each shot.

Like the rest of you, I remember some of the discussion, I just can't find the posts.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
I see Dave had it as a 91 34 footer.

quote:
It would be interesting to know what numbers are on the data tag.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill h:
Could you help us locate the discussion on this coach? A search for posts by Roklobster "Member since 3-08-2008" yielded nothing. A search for a poster named "Richard" was similarly unsuccessful. A search for outback yielded nothing.

The coach still interests me, despite the high price and Susan's lack of enthusiasm for front entry.

How about some more interior pictures and a floor plan?

Or the Rat Patrol.
I can't remember what user name I used when I was posting no here before. I had a problem with my computer last year and lost all the info on my previous hard drive so I don't have any information on how to find the previous posts..

I'm going to get some more pictures as soon as possible. I need to move the coach to do it because it's in a tight spot beside my house and dark so it's not a good place to get good pictures. I'm going to move it to a bright open spot and get more pics inside/outside/engine/compartments/ but cant do it until this weekend at the soonest. I will take pics of the info tag also when I do the pictures.

Its a 1991 gillig chassis titled as a 1992 and it is 34' .... and it wasn't an outback model, it was custom designed and built one of a kind.

Thanks
Richard

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roklobster:
I will take pics of the info tag also when I do the pictures.

It's a 1991 gillig chassis titled as a 1992 and it is 32' not 34.... and it wasn't an outback model, it was custom designed and built one of a kind.
Thanks to Richard, we now have a photo of the data tag.

It is a 34' Regency on a Gillig Chassis.

I blacked out the vin number at the request of the owner.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
quote:

The coach still interests me,

Or the Rat Patrol.

Oh Bill! You ARE the desert boondocker!
Come on, if you make this one yours you will become the King of Plamosa Road next year!!
Oh yah!!
Don

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Report This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don in Niagara:
Oh Bill! You ARE the desert boondocker!
Come on, if you make this one yours you will become the King of Plamosa Road next year!!
Oh yah!!
Don
I'm hoping someone gets it who will turn around and sell it to me in a few years. Big Grin

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis