Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
AZ ~ 1992 Regency 34' Custom Barth for sale
 Login now/Join our community

posted Hide Post
anyone have any followup info on this coach,latest price ,photos et al?stillavailable or sold.

Posts: 48 | Location: gilroy ca | Member Since: 11-15-2003Report This Post
Picture of madrone
posted Hide Post
I spoke with Richard recently, the coach is still for sale, at the same asking price and after
all this time he has not managed to take any more pictures beyond those that have survived here. I am curious what others might speculate it is worth
as his asking price seems to be about double the normal price of one this vintage?

Posts: 69 | Location: Texas | Member Since: 11-26-2008Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by madrone:
I am curious what others might speculate it is worth,as his asking price seems to be about double the normal price of one this vintage?

Speculate, huh?

Well, we can compare it to Gunner's 38 ft Regency which seems to be selling for somewhere near $38k.

Gunner's is:
4 years newer.
4 feet longer
Original owner
A paint job that is beautiful, and will not
offend picky neighbors.
An interior that is more likely to appeal to
more buyers.

Having said all that, the coach would be worth more to someone who really appreciated its uniqueness and was willing to pay a lot extra for that. Looking back, I sort of wish I had bought it back when it was first offered, even at the high price. With the stock market and real estate tanking, at least I would still have something. Frowner

But, as Roy has observed, the value of something isn't determined until it is sold. Heck, we usually don't know the final selling price, anyway. Even if the buyer or seller says something, it is often untruthful. KBB and NADA numbers, for example, are as reported by used car/RV dealers, a group not known for truthfulness.

And I still trying to find the December 2004 thread on this. I am curious as to why it disappeared.

And all this has to viewed with consideration that a couple of nice Breakaways recently sold in the low twenties.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
http://barthmobile.com/eve/for...831028503#8831028503

This is the post you were looking for Dave.
Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
If we all pool together & buy it, Jim & I will drive it to all the barth get togethers. Somebody has to do it. (we'll tow our Regal behind it),(and the green '72 142E Volvo behind that).
P.S. Second parenthesis added by Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Bowers:
...if I had the expendable income this couch could get me back in the arena.
It still is cheaper than a house.

And when you roam, you never have to leave home. Cool

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Yes, but since I have been divorced I have collected so many guitars, drums and electronic pianos they would never fit into a motor home.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
Tina wants me to buy this... God help us. wack

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Report This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tina wants me to buy this... God help us.

I'd see if he would throw in front and rear mounted, remote operated, 50 cal.s Obviously they've been removed so the bus would fit into the picture frame.

If I owned this I'd also continuously pipe "Spy Hunter" music on exterior speakers, I'm not really sure why, I just would.

Corey

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Lol! I am certain she is a sweet piece in person. My gosh what a perfect mobile hunting camp this would make. I like that it is 34' and not longer as I prefer a more manuverable motorhome. I just love overkill and this is the quintisential overkill motorhome. I will have to save for a while but the more I look the more I like. And just think of all the hours worth of redecorating I would save! (my 23 footer is clean as can be but has no shower or dinette). I plan to have a nautical theme already and I could get used to the lighter wood as opposed to Mahogony with time. The brass "welcome aboard" plaque Lou sent me would fit nicely above the entry door, and the "Barth GTG Grillmaster Kris Jones" chefs hat (deserved,.. or not), would fit nicely in the pantry. Many thanks to Candice and Morris Ronnebaum again for the hat! (They want me to post some pictures with me wearing it but I feel it only fitting to take the pic's at the next GTG. Big Grin)

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
When we had an MCI, we followed the bus conversion world more closely. Moose Creek Motor Cabins did a similar conversion to tour bus chassis. Here is there website http://www.motorcabin.com/

Truth is, you can buy tongue and groove, 1/4 cedar or pine at any Home Depot or Lowes and it would be a very easy look to create. At the risk of offending the gentleman that is selling it, It really wouldn't take a gross of Bolivian Ship Wrights to get this interior. The cabinets, in fact, look like typical Barth cabinets.

Don't get me wrong, this is one cool beast, but you could roll your own on any Barth chassis of your choosing, were you so inclined.

Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
One more thing, check out how awesome the Adirondack furniture looks in the Moose Creek rigs. This Barth should lose that Rooms To Go furniture in MHO!! Sorry

posted Hide Post
I do not deny how easy it is to install pine tongue and groove, but I bet there is more here than meets the eye besides the aesthetic appeal of the in/exterior. Of course I am not one to jump into anything without due diligence, but this coach has had more planning in the design and execution than any other Barth I am aware of at present. No doubt this coach will be sold to someone with A: More money than brains, or B: Someone who wants this exact look and design. I am at the very least interested in what other toys the coach has to offer, and if it is still for sale. I wonder how firm that price is. Bet ya dollars to doughnuts the truth has not been stretched with the information given.

posted Hide Post
Turn-key is usually worth some premium.

Any idea why the passenger side middle compartment goes up beyond the rub rail? Perhaps this one has central air or a secret ray gun hidden there.

Was this featured in Spies Like Us?

posted Hide Post
is this coach for sale? how much? were there ever any follow up photos of outside and inside details?

Posts: 48 | Location: gilroy ca | Member Since: 11-15-2003Report This Post