Notify
Tools
1993 Breakaway '30
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Here's the original thread on the Hoyles' Monarch and Regency. Tweren't I who saw those - humbojb did, and I think Don in Niagra saw the Regency.

Supposedly, the Monarch was a slightly less full-featured motorhome to hold somewhat the price line - but it couldn't be called "cheapened". From what I understand, the Regency was the very top line throughout its production.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug,

How does the ride of the larger chassis compare to the Breakaway? How about the air brakes?

Posts: 136 | Location: IL | Member Since: 08-25-2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Pluses on both sides. The Breakaway actaully handles better but does not have air bags although the ride is very nice without them. The Monarch has airbags so the ride is a little more cushy but you really have to hang onto it in the wind. Of course the Monarch is higher and longer so that probably has a lot to do with it but we came accross the plains with the Breakaway with 40 MPH winds and I could drive with one hand on the wheel. I don't thik I would have dared let go of either hand if I had been driving the Monarch in those cross winds. You would think that 4 feet isn't that much more to make a big difference but I could do a uturn with the Breakaway that I can't even come close to with the Monarch. They are both beautiful "custom coaches" and my wife just loves the full oak flooring in the Breakaway but since we only keep them for the summer anyway I've got to start liquidating someplace.

Posts: 75 | Location: Wyoming, MI USA | Member Since: 05-01-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
As of 7 P.M. today my Baby "B" is on eBay!

Posts: 75 | Location: Wyoming, MI USA | Member Since: 05-01-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
$30K for that coach is a steal...

I have never met an unhappy Breakaway owner

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Doug,

If this e-Bay thing doesn't work out, here's Plan B:

1. Store it in a low-humidity, temperature controlled, dust-free enclosure.

2. Once a week, take it out and drive it at least 50 miles (But don't dog it!)

3. Once a quarter, wash it and hit it with another coat of NuFinish....Armor-All the interior.

Two years, 3 months and 21 days from today I'll be at your front door with a bag of cash (small, unmarked bills, plain brown envelope) and you can mark it SOLD!

We gotta deal?.......

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a deal Lee as soon as I recieve your deposit of $30,000 to cover the cost of storage (I hear those giant size zip lock bags are expensive) and cleaning and then there's the fuel surcharge( let's see, 120 weeks at 50 miles per week equals 6000 miles at 12 MPG equals 500 gallons at $4/gallon (I have to figure in potential increases) that would be another $2000)) I'll through in my time for free to keep the cost down. It's a deal! Send me a check and as soon as it clears I'll put the sold sign on the outside of the zip lock bag!! We can kind of think of it like a lay-away plan. If you would like to make monthly payments to get it paid off by the time you plan on picking it up $1075 per month should cover it. Anybody want to buy my Monarch under the same type of plan?

Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
GULP!.....Obviously, in this particular case, further negotiations are probably in order.....I'll have my people get in touch with your people........

I guess the best win/win scenario here is for you to get your price now, from a very caring person who doesn't have time to use it TOO much, and lists it here in approximately two years, three months and twenty-one days....Smiler

Ya got a beauty there!.......

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Lee - You're going to have to hurry. I just figured up that I will be set to purchace this fine Breakaway in ONLY two years, three months and TEN days! I put $10 in my savings account today to get it started. Lets see - at 1.5% interest, that would take about . . . Heck, I'd better hurry up.

Posts: 25 | Location: Grand Prairie TX USA | Member Since: 03-18-2005Report This Post
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Oh Drat!.......Just when I thought I had my PBAP (Perfect Breakaway Acquisition Plan) etched in granite, along comes Philipp2 to flood the potential buyer market at about the same time! Geeeze, sometimes a guy just can't catch a break.......Guess I'll have to accelerate my timetable to get on the front side of the coming buyer glut.....

Let's see....according to today's paper, I could probably rent out my '78-24' to FEMA for flood victims at about a grand a week and my chances of getting caught are virtually nonexistent.....Hmmmmmmmm........

posted Hide Post
Don't mark it sold quite yet, it seems some folks forget to read the whole listing but it appears it may work out okay. I'll keep you posted.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Hey Lee and all...Breakaways Rule and they aren't all owned by Mr. Vance, (actually when he is done he may own them all) but here are some of my Breakaway favorites to drool over.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Report This Post